Author Topic: HAVE: controller extension cables -- SEEK: games  (Read 192 times)

Amadeusama

HAVE: controller extension cables -- SEEK: games
« on: July 16, 2011, 12:37:47 AM »
Okay, I know that extension cables for PCE controllers are just regular mini-DIN cables. But this is for the people who might find it hard or too much of a hassle to get these elsewhere.

I'm in Europe (Austria) and seek to trade within Europe only.

The way I imagine it is that you get one of these cables and I get two (I'm not gonna stop you from sending more than two) of your game doubles or unwanted games.

The cables are grey of colour and loose (i.e. not packaged), but they have not been used before. They were originally intended as oldskool mac printer-cable extensions, but they don't cross over the pins, so they work perfectly fine as extension cables for PCE pads. (In fact I use two of them for that purpose myself.)

I have a total of four of them to give away.

The idea is that I send you one of them in a padded envelope, and you send me two of your "unloved" games in return. I pay postage of the cable, you pay postage of the games. Simple, isn't it?

I only seek complete (and obviously functional) games, where "complete" means all inlays, manual and plastic bag for the card (if card games). I don't need any spine card with the cd-ROM games, nor do I need any registration cards.
I don't mind if the outer halves of the jewel case are damaged, but the tray of the jewelcase should not be damaged.
I don't mind if the manual has seen (ab)use and has creases or somesuch, but it should be complete and not have any handwriting in/on it. Nor should it be bleached by the sun.

I don't really care what games I get, as long as they are for the japanese PCE.
(Okay, that was a lie ... No baseball games, no Peach Boy games, and no Mahjongg games, please.)
Beneath is a link to my (small) collection on Daisakusen. Anything not yet on the list there is welcome.

http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/1/34/475/show-collection.htm

EDIT: they are a little over 180cm / ca. 6 ft. long.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 01:00:56 AM by Amadeusama »
So I actually bought me a book on Mahjong ...

vestcoat

Re: HAVE: controller extension cables -- SEEK: games
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2011, 06:33:15 AM »
These cables have been talked about a few times and somebody on the board found a cheap source awhile back:  https://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=5050.0

I don't know what Monoprice charges for European shipping, so maybe you'll get some takers.

nat

Re: HAVE: controller extension cables -- SEEK: games
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2011, 07:54:26 AM »
This is great. I have a handful of games I've been trying to sell for years, and no one seems to want them despite them being decent games. I will never, ever play them since I own the U.S. counterpart or they are duplicates and I'd just like to get rid of them.

EDIT: Oh, you want to trade within Europe only? Nevermind.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 07:57:14 AM by nat »