Author Topic: Game Sack  (Read 72341 times)

esteban

Re: Game Sack
« Reply #300 on: February 12, 2012, 06:44:01 PM »
Latest episode:

Left in Japan

I want Cosmo Gang The Video! Damn.

|    | 

Samurai Ghost

« Reply #301 on: February 12, 2012, 07:54:06 PM »
Hmm that may rise it up my Saturn shootie list. :)

Yeah, it's a pretty awesome game! Been collecting a ton of Saturn shooters these days. Love the Psikyo shooters, like Gunbird, Strikers 1945, and my favorite, Sengoku Blade. Love that one! Also Batsugun, which is insanely difficult but all sorts of kick ass.

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #302 on: February 13, 2012, 12:49:25 AM »
I'm confused.  You can't find ninja games competently through the GoogleBox9000, but can manage to find non-western released games? 

[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

Joe Redifer

« Reply #303 on: February 13, 2012, 11:07:57 AM »
Sengoku Blaede (as it's printed on the box) is another one that I found extremely easy, but still I'd like to cover it.  A note to the "hardcore" players out there: I don't care about 1 CC'ing games.  If the developers cared, they would limit the number of CCs.  I can beat Battle Garegga on its hardest difficulty using only 3 or 4 CCs.  What does CC even stand for anyway?  Coin coin?

Also, I only discovered Google in time for this episode.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 11:09:59 AM by Joe Redifer »

Tatsujin

« Reply #304 on: February 13, 2012, 11:21:49 AM »
1CC: 1 Credit Clear
1LC: 1 Life Clear

*Sure you knew that already.
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

SuperDeadite

« Reply #305 on: February 13, 2012, 11:54:33 AM »
LOL the reason Garrega is considered very hard, is because of the rank.  The longer you live the harder it gets.  But everytime you die the rank is lowered and the game gets much easier.  If you continue you reset the rank to the lowest setting.  So by using 3 credits on hardest you may as well be playing on super easy baby mode.

It is far more difficult to complete that game on 1 credit on the easy difficulty setting then to beat it on hardest using 3 credits.  Give it a try if you don't believe me.  Put it on easy, and only play 1 credit, see how far you get.  The extra characters are from Mahou Daisakusen.
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

Joe Redifer

« Reply #306 on: February 13, 2012, 02:00:51 PM »
Oh I believe you.  But basically people are making up rules for themselves in order to meet the challenge and then claiming the game as a whole is hard because of the challenge they've made for themselves.  Like playing through Pier Solar without leveling up and then claiming the game is easy (or hard) because of that.  If a game wants to be considered difficult, it must be so right out of the box (hidden codes notwithstanding).  The game, as Raizing has made it, is easy unless you limit yourself.  I'm saying that if the game is truly to be considered difficult, they should have limited the amount of continues to one or none.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 02:03:39 PM by Joe Redifer »

Mathius

« Reply #307 on: February 13, 2012, 02:28:11 PM »
I'm saying that if the game is truly to be considered difficult, they should have limited the amount of continues to one or none.

Oh man! I am glad they didn't do that to Nexzr! :P
F@ck Ebay Club member since 2010
Switch Friend Code: SW-2346-3388-5406

Tatsujin

« Reply #308 on: February 13, 2012, 02:38:42 PM »
Arcade games have always been quater munchers, else how would they have get back their monnies? From the real game cracks, playing 4 times trough it with one coin? LOL.
www.pcedaisakusen.net

Joe Redifer

« Reply #309 on: February 13, 2012, 02:47:17 PM »
Well obviously arcades games are exempt from that since their whole point is to get more quarters.  I'm sure you know that I was referring to home games.

Samurai Ghost

« Reply #310 on: February 13, 2012, 02:55:51 PM »
I think you might be a good shoot-em-up player, Joe, or at least above average! But yeah, while Sengoku Blaeaede is pretty easy I love the graphical style, characters, gameplay, music, presentation, everything!

I'm not so strict about 1CCing a game, but it depends on the game. For older games like Kyukyoku Tiger/Twin Cobra or Gunhed/Blazing lasers I'll usually reset it if I die more than once in the first 6 stages or so. For more frantic/casual games like the Psikyo shooters I'll usually start feeling bad if I have to continue more than 2 or 3 times to clear it. If I have to start credit feeding to get through a level it usually means I don't know the level/pattern well enough so I'll go back and play through it again. Credit feeding through a game just feels empty to me, aside from a few games from the Metal Slug series that I can't seem to complete without at least a dozen credits.

Tatsujin

« Reply #311 on: February 13, 2012, 03:02:21 PM »
Well obviously arcades games are exempt from that since their whole point is to get more quarters.  I'm sure you know that I was referring to home games.

Right, but battle garrega is a straight to home arcade port (with some options plus) vs. pure console concepted games which were never intend to squeeze quaters out of your pocket, except when you bought 'em in the shop.
www.pcedaisakusen.net

Joe Redifer

« Reply #312 on: February 13, 2012, 03:07:19 PM »
Samurai, I really like Sengoku Blade as well.  And I often reset certain games like R-Type when I die even once.  I'm pretty good at shooters, but not all though.

Tats, yes it is an arcade port but obviously they don't need to keep massive quantities of continues intact (not sure if they're unlimited or not).  I'm all for a secret mode that allows this, but certainly not right out of the box.  There are no monies to earn back after the game has been purchased for home use.

esteban

« Reply #313 on: February 15, 2012, 12:55:49 PM »
Guys, stop debating the merits/flaws of quarter munching vs. home console and play some Cosmo Gang The Video.

I'm serious.

|    | 

Joe Redifer

« Reply #314 on: February 26, 2012, 06:58:10 AM »
New episode: