Author Topic: Game Sack  (Read 72217 times)

EvilEvoIX

Re: Game Sack
« Reply #1575 on: July 20, 2014, 07:40:14 AM »
Glad to see people like that still exist!  Great episode!

Quote from: ProfessorProfessorson
I already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so f*ck him, and his cunt wife.

Tatsujin

« Reply #1576 on: July 20, 2014, 08:14:32 PM »
wow, that was a surprising nice to watch ep. and that bill is one cool guy :)

did he actually already knew about the "simple" s-vid mod before peeps did find out in here?
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

munchiaz

« Reply #1577 on: July 21, 2014, 10:26:22 AM »
Another awesome ep. Bill is one cool dude

NightWolve

« Reply #1578 on: July 24, 2014, 03:49:59 PM »
did he [Bill] actually already knew about the "simple" s-vid mod before peeps did find out in here?

I just watched the episode and I wondered about that. He used a 100 Ohm resistor instead of the 220 Ohm that everyone here (steve included) thought was just about proper. Thus, the Luma/Y is more bright out of Bill's S-Video mod for Joe's friend (Dave). Bill speaks of the capacitor maps online, and I only know of RedGhost's that come from here, so yeah, I wonder. He credits only console5.com for things.

Not a great job though, to be honest; he just soldered a bent-up transistor right on pin 40 of the 6260 video chip, didn't use a new PCB to solder all components on instead, resistor and capacitor included, etc. Not exactly how I would want it done, but yeah. To be fair, a pro like steve does things like that too. No shortcuts with the cap replacement work certainly, that was fine.

Anyway, other than that, it was a great episode.

Medic_wheat

« Reply #1579 on: July 25, 2014, 08:08:18 AM »
did he [Bill] actually already knew about the "simple" s-vid mod before peeps did find out in here?

I just watched the episode and I wondered about that. He used a 100 Ohm resistor instead of the 220 Ohm that everyone here (steve included) thought was just about proper. Thus, the Luma/Y is more bright out of Bill's S-Video mod for Joe's friend (Dave). Bill speaks of the capacitor maps online, and I only know of RedGhost's that come from here, so yeah, I wonder. He credits only console5.com for things.

Not a great job though, to be honest; he just soldered a bent-up transistor right on pin 40 of the 6260 video chip, didn't use a new PCB to solder all components on instead, resistor and capacitor included, etc. Not exactly how I would want it done, but yeah. To be fair, a pro like steve does things like that too. No shortcuts with the cap replacement work certainly, that was fine.

Anyway, other than that, it was a great episode.

I like it when people pick apart techniques on modding. Not in a bad way or anything. Its just interesting to see how diffrent people would tackle something in a new way.

johnnymad

« Reply #1580 on: July 26, 2014, 06:22:07 AM »
Loved the last episode. I have a small electronics background but I'm always impressed when someone can work on a project and still hold a conversation. I can barely stand having the tv on when I'm working on something.

Jibbajaba

« Reply #1581 on: July 27, 2014, 09:15:14 AM »
Great episode, Joe.  And I loved you telling that commenter where to stick his HDMI cable.  Tool.

imparanoic

« Reply #1582 on: July 30, 2014, 03:34:23 PM »
it would be nice to see a gamesack episode - new 'left in japan'  showing official accessories and controllers which most people in the west has never seen

etc, hori controllers - such as the Hori Super Robot Wars Controller and hori gamecube controller

para para paradise controller and densha de go shinkansen controller

even the super rare megadrive AX-1E analog controller

or even the Japanese only pachinko or mah jong controllers

TR0N

« Reply #1583 on: July 30, 2014, 07:13:03 PM »
it would be nice to see a gamesack episode - new 'left in japan'  showing official accessories and controllers which most people in the west has never seen

etc, hori controllers - such as the Hori Super Robot Wars Con
 hori gamecube controller

The hori gamecube controller was released in the u.s.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

imparanoic

« Reply #1584 on: July 30, 2014, 08:28:40 PM »

etc, hori controllers - such as the Hori Super Robot Wars Con
 hori gamecube controller

The hori gamecube controller was released in the u.s.

ah yeah, thanks for reminding me, I was actually referring to the hori super Gameboy controller

http://www.ausvgc.com/index.php?topic=74.0

TR0N

« Reply #1585 on: August 02, 2014, 08:03:03 PM »

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

spenoza

« Reply #1586 on: August 03, 2014, 03:10:36 AM »
But... but... The Forever Man!
<a href="http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/103/show-collection.htm" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">My meager PC Engine Collection so far.</a><br><a href="https://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">PC Engine Software Bible</a><br><a href="http://www.racketboy.com/forum/" c

Medic_wheat

« Reply #1587 on: August 03, 2014, 03:26:04 AM »

Eh the forever man is no shadow man.

Punch

« Reply #1588 on: August 03, 2014, 04:21:37 AM »

it allows you to play the uber awesome chakan! it's made of pure unbelivable magic! respect is due!

Dicer

« Reply #1589 on: August 03, 2014, 05:49:20 AM »
Off to play some Faceball on the superior OBEY Version...