Author Topic: Game Sack  (Read 72669 times)

EvilEvoIX

Re: Game Sack
« Reply #2670 on: December 13, 2015, 11:51:56 AM »

Just watched.  Pretty sure that Shovel Knight doesn't exist on the XBOX ONE.

It does, both digital and disk release.  It's even got an exclusive Xbone section with the Battletoads.

If you can show me a retail copy of Shovel Knight's physical disc for Xbox One I will give you my entire game collection! It doesn't exist. :)

WOW!!!  I would love to see this. 

Quote from: ProfessorProfessorson
I already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so f*ck him, and his cunt wife.

sirhcman

« Reply #2671 on: December 13, 2015, 11:56:41 AM »
WOW!!!  I would love to see this. 

We will never see a physical copy unless MS changes their policy regarding minimum quantity of discs that must be produced for a given title.

I won't be giving up any collection because they have never produced a physical copy to date

seieienbu

« Reply #2672 on: December 13, 2015, 12:49:16 PM »
Whaoh, looks like I'm a misinformation spreading liar!  When I read that it wasn't on Xbox 1 I recalled a friend showing me the Battletoads fight.  Then I looked at Amazon and saw the game but didn't notice its unavailability.  Google tells me that it got cancelled back in October.

My bad!
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

sirhcman

« Reply #2673 on: December 14, 2015, 02:49:54 AM »
Whaoh, looks like I'm a misinformation spreading liar!  When I read that it wasn't on Xbox 1 I recalled a friend showing me the Battletoads fight.  Then I looked at Amazon and saw the game but didn't notice its unavailability.  Google tells me that it got cancelled back in October.

My bad!

Nothing to apologize about, we all make mistakes! :) I hope this does get released for Xbox One in physical form eventually, I was disappointed when I heard it was cancelled and I have no desire to own it as digital only

Joe Redifer

« Reply #2674 on: December 14, 2015, 06:44:42 PM »

We will never see a physical copy unless MS changes their policy regarding minimum quantity of discs that must be produced for a given title.

Is that a real policy? Not only is that dumb, but there could be a super-easy way around it. Just fill it with easy-to-produce nonsense, like a video of some dude playing the game for two hours and not even getting past stage one. Or it's just a video of the dude and it never shows the game, you only hear it. Or just duplicate the game on the disc 300 times and only load one of them.

Medic_wheat

« Reply #2675 on: December 15, 2015, 12:33:06 AM »

Is that a real policy? Not only is that dumb, but there could be a super-easy way around it. Just fill it with easy-to-produce nonsense, like a video of some dude playing the game for two hours and not even getting past stage one. Or it's just a video of the dude and it never shows the game, you only hear it. Or just duplicate the game on the disc 300 times and only load one of them.

No I think he meant number of physical copies to be made for sale. Not amount of content on the disk data wise.

At lest I think that's how you interpreted the policy MS has regarding physical release of games.

Unless I am wrong.

But that is impossible.

Or should I say. Inconceivable

sirhcman

« Reply #2676 on: December 15, 2015, 03:04:55 AM »

No I think he meant number of physical copies to be made for sale. Not amount of content on the disk data wise.

Medic is right, I heard that Microsoft wanted a certain number of physical copies to be produced in order for  it to be manufactured. I could be wrong but I remember reading that somewhere after the cancellation news back in October

Joe Redifer

« Reply #2677 on: December 15, 2015, 10:07:42 AM »

Derp. I must have misread that. I wonder what their minimum quantity is. It's not like it's hard to go out and press a couple thousand Blu-rays. Sadly MS probably demands that THEY handle the pressing.

xelement5x

« Reply #2678 on: December 16, 2015, 04:16:02 AM »

Derp. I must have misread that. I wonder what their minimum quantity is. It's not like it's hard to go out and press a couple thousand Blu-rays. Sadly MS probably demands that THEY handle the pressing.

Yeah, the minimum pressing quantity from MS is basically the reason why the Far East of Eden game for the 360 was never finished/released.  Vic talks about it a bit on the Gaijinworks forum, I guess it was just horrible for smaller pubs.
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

Black Tiger

« Reply #2679 on: December 16, 2015, 04:44:56 AM »
If that's true, why would a publisher bother releasing something like Raiden IV for 360?
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

sirhcman

« Reply #2680 on: December 16, 2015, 08:12:51 AM »
If that's true, why would a publisher bother releasing something like Raiden IV for 360?

It must have had enough demand. Hell, Raiden V is getting a physical release on Xbox One

Its possible the minimum print runs that MS demands could only apply to ID@Xbox (indie) titles.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 08:18:56 AM by sirhcman »

Joe Redifer

« Reply #2681 on: December 16, 2015, 11:42:55 AM »
f*ck MicroSoft!

sirhcman

« Reply #2682 on: December 16, 2015, 11:59:31 AM »
f*ck MicroSoft!

Sorry Joe, I will abbreviate it to M in the future :P

seieienbu

« Reply #2683 on: December 16, 2015, 05:11:15 PM »
For Xbox 360 there was a required minimum of 50k pressed copies.  I don't know what it is for Xbone but I wouldn't be surprised if it was the same.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

Joe Redifer

« Reply #2684 on: December 17, 2015, 07:31:33 PM »
Geez. Really it should be 5k. They are a$$holes. Aaron who runs this site works for them. Let's blame him!