Author Topic: Game Sack  (Read 72804 times)

TR0N

Re: Game Sack
« Reply #3195 on: June 09, 2017, 07:32:21 PM »

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

TR0N

« Reply #3196 on: June 24, 2017, 07:09:59 PM »

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Gypsy

« Reply #3197 on: June 25, 2017, 03:10:42 AM »
Yeah Gearbolt is pretty great.

Dicer

« Reply #3198 on: June 25, 2017, 06:06:52 AM »
So basically Saturn is ass for Lightgun games...

Black Tiger

« Reply #3199 on: June 26, 2017, 06:47:10 AM »
Although I disagree about Virtua Cops and think that their about as good as light games get, it's cool that Joe didn't dismiss House of the Dead because of the visuals, as it's still a great game and still feels like playing the arcade version.

But for less than $200 you can buy on eBay a Japanese Saturn, two black stunners, Virta Cop 1 and 2 and House of the Dead, including shipping.

If Game Sack was one of those shows which pretends that Japan doesn't exist and tailored to collectors, I'd expect a comment about HotD being $200. Seems all the more out of place in an episode full of Japanese-only releases.

Virtua Cops and the first two House of the Dead games are the only light gun games I've really enjoyed since the transition to 3D. Virtua Cop 2 for Saturn is actually pushing a lot and the clarity of the crisp solid 3D in the Saturn Virtua Cop games really makes them feel like the arcade versions and that the shooting is accurate, without misc distortion muddying up what you're trying to shoot and not shoot at.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

majors

• Have cabs, will travel
« Reply #3200 on: June 27, 2017, 03:27:40 AM »
Super long! More sack for my viewing pleasure.
PCE Daisakusen RIP - "Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)
"The dumb are mostly intrigued by the drum"

TDIRunner

« Reply #3201 on: June 27, 2017, 04:31:40 AM »
I enjoyed this episode.  I used to play Die Hard Trilogy on PS1 for hours on end.  I probably enjoyed the light gun portion of the game more than anything else, although the driving portion of part 3 was also fun as it was the closest thing to an open world game that I had ever seen back then. 
Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

MrBroadway

« Reply #3202 on: June 27, 2017, 06:16:37 AM »
But for less than $200 you can buy on eBay a Japanese Saturn, two black stunners, Virta Cop 1 and 2 and House of the Dead, including shipping.
Or just get an Action Replay cart. I agree, though, HotD is a great game, and the Japanese version is the way to go.

I eventually want to get HotD2 for the DC along with Confidential Mission. I was surprised that there weren't a slew of good light gun games for that system, though.

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #3203 on: June 27, 2017, 06:46:49 AM »

Or just get an Action Replay cart. I agree, though, HotD is a great game, and the Japanese version is the way to go.

Just remember, Saturn cartridge slot reliability is like that of a grade A egg after playing catch using a slingtshot at 30 yards away.
--DragonmasterDan

Gypsy

« Reply #3204 on: June 27, 2017, 07:07:21 AM »
Gotta leave that effer in there.

MrBroadway

« Reply #3205 on: June 27, 2017, 07:14:47 AM »

Just remember, Saturn cartridge slot reliability is like that of a grade A egg after playing catch using a slingtshot at 30 yards away.

I just leave mine in there at all times. No need to remove it, and I've never had any issues.

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #3206 on: June 27, 2017, 07:18:06 AM »

I just leave mine in there at all times. No need to remove it, and I've never had any issues.

Yeah, I have.. a few Saturns..

I generally leave the memory cards in place permanently. I've been through 15 or so in the past 22 years, almost entirely changed out due to unusable cart slots (Funcoland used to have a year long warranty you could buy where they'd swap systems no questions asked, and believe me I had to use it as I switched between memory cards, netlink, action replay carts, etc).
--DragonmasterDan

Gypsy

« Reply #3207 on: June 27, 2017, 07:25:30 AM »
I also keep multiple Saturns for this reason. I have US Saturns with regular AR and PS. JP Saturns with RAM carts. Can't see myself bothering to get more US systems to put RAM carts in, since I'd rather just buy JP versions anyway.

TDIRunner

« Reply #3208 on: June 27, 2017, 08:07:14 AM »

I don't think I've removed mine since I put it in.  Action Replay cheats, RAM expansion, extra save memory, region unlocking.  No reason to ever remove the thing. 
Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #3209 on: June 27, 2017, 08:25:49 AM »

I don't think I've removed mine since I put it in.  Action Replay cheats, RAM expansion, extra save memory, region unlocking.  No reason to ever remove the thing. 

It can't directly save to the cartridge from within a game for one thing. If you have KoF or back in the day wanted to use the netlink there was another. Try playing Panzer Dragoon Saga US with that thing in.
--DragonmasterDan