Author Topic: Game Sack  (Read 72472 times)

TDIRunner

Re: Game Sack
« Reply #3210 on: June 27, 2017, 09:19:11 AM »

I don't think I've removed mine since I put it in.  Action Replay cheats, RAM expansion, extra save memory, region unlocking.  No reason to ever remove the thing. 

It can't directly save to the cartridge from within a game for one thing. If you have KoF or back in the day wanted to use the netlink there was another. Try playing Panzer Dragoon Saga US with that thing in.

So far none of those things have required me to take the cart out, especially the netlink adapter.  In the past 5 years, I've needed that a total of zero times. 
Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

Lost Monkey

« Reply #3211 on: June 27, 2017, 09:41:14 AM »
But for less than $200 you can buy on eBay a Japanese Saturn, two black stunners, Virta Cop 1 and 2 and House of the Dead, including shipping.
Or just get an Action Replay cart. I agree, though, HotD is a great game, and the Japanese version is the way to go.

I eventually want to get HotD2 for the DC along with Confidential Mission. I was surprised that there weren't a slew of good light gun games for that system, though.

There is also a JP only Virtua Cop 2 for DC.  I've had the JP HOTD2 since launch, great game - wasn't the US version gun crippled or something like that?

MrBroadway

« Reply #3212 on: June 27, 2017, 10:07:11 AM »
There is also a JP only Virtua Cop 2 for DC.  I've had the JP HOTD2 since launch, great game - wasn't the US version gun crippled or something like that?
That came out on a compilation disc, right? The Saturn version suits me well enough.

I really have no idea about DC light gun stuff, as I never owned one or any of the games for it. It just surprises me because it's this great arcade machine yet not many light guns even exist for it, let alone be any good.

Lost Monkey

« Reply #3213 on: June 28, 2017, 01:31:52 AM »
That came out on a compilation disc, right? The Saturn version suits me well enough.

I really have no idea about DC light gun stuff, as I never owned one or any of the games for it. It just surprises me because it's this great arcade machine yet not many light guns even exist for it, let alone be any good.

VC2 is a straight up single game release - not on a comp.

Regarding US DC and lightguns - from Wikipedia:
The Dreamcast Gun is a light gun that was released only in Europe and Asia, where it is the official light gun for use. It works on American consoles, as all Dreamcast peripherals are region-free. However, many of the American games are region-locked and will not work with the Japanese gun; many of them will display a message such as "This gun incompatible in North America (HOTD2)". This was an intentional move on Sega's part, who were worried about bad press after the Columbine High School massacre. Instead, Mad Catz released an officially licensed light gun in America, which does work with Sega's US gun games. The official European and Asian Dreamcast Gun does not work with any American games. American consoles can run Japanese games using this gun since it is the software that disallows the gun, not the console.

I knew I remembered something messed up about the US DC and light guns.  I bought the Japanese HOTD2 set (I had a Japanese console before the US release) so I never bothered with any US light gun games.  The limits are in software though, so if you have a modified bios or boot disc to play Japanese games, you can use the official light gun.

Joe Redifer

« Reply #3214 on: June 29, 2017, 09:31:59 PM »
Virtua Cop 2 on Dreamcast game on the Sega Smash Pack, a disc containing accurate emulation of many Genesis... even more accurate than the original games themselves!

Lost Monkey

« Reply #3215 on: June 30, 2017, 05:20:06 AM »
Virtua Cop 2 on Dreamcast game on the Sega Smash Pack, a disc containing accurate emulation of many Genesis... even more accurate than the original games themselves!

That's right!  I forgot about that atrocity...

TR0N

« Reply #3216 on: July 08, 2017, 07:04:09 PM »

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

esadajr

« Reply #3217 on: July 11, 2017, 08:16:22 AM »
I love Enduro on the Master System, brings backs good memories.
Gaming since 1985

crazydean

« Reply #3218 on: July 11, 2017, 05:10:38 PM »
This episode could have just been Arcade Ports on NES.
Arkhan: Im not butthurt by your enjoyment.  Im buttglad.

TR0N

« Reply #3219 on: July 22, 2017, 07:05:54 PM »

seieienbu

« Reply #3220 on: July 22, 2017, 10:53:52 PM »
As much as I love SF I didn't really care for SF2 HD Remix.  The game had a crazy look that made like zero sense.  You had things like the elephants that looked super shine-y and oddities in the animation like Balrog's head shrinking when he went from walking backward to blocking that drove me crazy.  The original concept art gave the characters more colors all over the place and when the game was finally released I thought it looked cheaper in comparison. 

I vastly prefer the look of the older games in the series.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

MrBroadway

« Reply #3221 on: July 22, 2017, 11:16:57 PM »
San Francisco 2: Homeless Destruction.

TR0N

« Reply #3222 on: August 05, 2017, 07:12:56 PM »

ccovell

« Reply #3223 on: August 06, 2017, 01:15:21 AM »
Oh, my God.  Wild Woody makes me want to stick actual pencils in my eyes.  :[

And Awesome Possum... it doesn't run at 15 fps... just going by the video, it has 2 identical frames, then 3, then 2, 3, etc... that comes to 12 frames per second.

Thanks Joe and Dave, you reminded me of the hatred I had for US-developed Genesis games during the 90s...  it's a feeling I hadn't felt in a long time.  :|

crazydean

« Reply #3224 on: August 06, 2017, 09:32:05 AM »
I thought they already had an episode on the Genesis.
Arkhan: Im not butthurt by your enjoyment.  Im buttglad.