Author Topic: Ides of September freebie giveaway competition  (Read 1222 times)

xelement5x

Re: Ides of September freebie giveaway competition
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2011, 05:24:26 PM »
This game is pretty hard, this was only my first try but I'll try and give a bit more over this weekend. 
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2860484/parasol-score.jpg [I apologize for the huge size]
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

BlueBMW

« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2011, 05:35:50 PM »
I played some more today.  Got to the 4th world with a score in the two millions lol.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 12:35:09 PM by BlueBMW »
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Mishran

« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2011, 06:02:29 PM »

Damn I suck... :cry:

chany60126

« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2011, 09:27:35 AM »
Barely hit the two million mark. :oops: Hopefully I can post a better score if I have the time this weekend.
SignofZeta: What a quintessentially PCEFX thread. Someone complains about nothing, multiple Bible-length posts discussing who's a bigger a$$hole follow. You're both pretty big a$$holes. Let's call it a tie.

allyourblood

« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2011, 12:12:25 PM »
Yeah, I can barely break a million. I'll post a screenshot for shame either way, but I'm gonna try again and see if I can do better before the contest is up. hoobs, you must love this game or slip into a trance when you play it to get a score that high!
If anyone gets any leads on a "fair priced" copy of Coryoon, please lemme know!

Where is fancy bred?

hoobs88

« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2011, 12:38:24 PM »
Yeah, I can barely break a million. I'll post a screenshot for shame either way, but I'm gonna try again and see if I can do better before the contest is up. hoobs, you must love this game or slip into a trance when you play it to get a score that high!

It's to hard to say which I prefer more, the original Bubble Bobble or Parasol Stars (Bubble Bobble III) but I have played both so many times that I just play them to see how high of a score that I can get.
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase

Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
http://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0

League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

xelement5x

« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2011, 06:37:58 PM »

It's to hard to say which I prefer more, the original Bubble Bobble or Parasol Stars (Bubble Bobble III) but I have played both so many times that I just play them to see how high of a score that I can get.

You have got to be the best player I've ever seen scores from, I'd love to see a playthrough from you at some point if you've got a video capture card.  Are you doing a 1CC on the entire game?  I haven't even broken a million yet but I do feel like I'm getting better; this game is addicting!!

@chany - The Comcast box in you picture stare back into my soul.  Whhyyyyyy??!?!
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

Mishran

« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2011, 03:03:08 AM »
Your parasol is not only your weapon, but your shield. It works great to protect against minor enemies. Most projectiles also bounce harmlessly off it. Learn to use it properly.

Game is definitely hard as f@ck. I've gotten frustrated and had to walk away from the game several times as I came close to tossing my duo out the window twice. I'm still shocked I beat the game twice, but still havent seen the "good" ending. I'm guessing it has to do with the hidden treasures through the door that appears after defeating the world bosses. I've gotten two or three at the most in my many play-throughs. It appears you have to collect 3 matching symbols in the levels before reaching the bosses to get the door. Can you clarify things for us hoobs? And how the hell are you guys getting those killer scores??? Beamer got double digit millions and he only got to the fourth world! I'm definitely missing something. ](*,)

Regardless, thanks a million hoobs for giving me a reason to truly discover this gem of a game. If not for your contest, It would still be collecting dust on my game shelf. :clap:

hoobs88

« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2011, 11:08:24 AM »
Your parasol is not only your weapon, but your shield. It works great to protect against minor enemies. Most projectiles also bounce harmlessly off it. Learn to use it properly.

Game is definitely hard as f@ck. I've gotten frustrated and had to walk away from the game several times as I came close to tossing my duo out the window twice. I'm still shocked I beat the game twice, but still havent seen the "good" ending. I'm guessing it has to do with the hidden treasures through the door that appears after defeating the world bosses. I've gotten two or three at the most in my many play-throughs. It appears you have to collect 3 matching symbols in the levels before reaching the bosses to get the door. Can you clarify things for us hoobs? And how the hell are you guys getting those killer scores??? Beamer got double digit millions and he only got to the fourth world! I'm definitely missing something. ](*,)

Regardless, thanks a million hoobs for giving me a reason to truly discover this gem of a game. If not for your contest, It would still be collecting dust on my game shelf. :clap:

You have to collect 3 Star Elemental Tokens (or the Rainbow Bracelet which automatically makes a Star "Miracle") on the 8th Planet in order to get the key to Secret Road. The Bad Ending kinda clues you into that by showing a key and the 3 Star Elementals along with silhouettes of the enemies from the original Bubble Bobble game that appear on Secret Road that you will get a chance to see if you actually obtain the key.

You get huge point bonuses for killing multiple enemies at the same time which I try to capitalize on in the early stages (but it gets more difficult in the later stages). There are huge hidden caches of points that you can uncover if you throw bubbles or enemies across the screen. If you memorize these cache locations, you can rack up some serious points. You get an extra life for every million points and they add a million points to your score at the end of the game for each life you have. Another stupid trick that I discovered is that if you turn the game on then immediately reset the game (hold the run button down while pressing select) the game gives you a better random set of power ups and bonus prizes than if you just started playing the game after turning the power on. You can often get the Rainbow Necklace on the first planet if you use this trick...or maybe it is just a fluke.

I would record a playthrough of me playing the game if I had a video capture or camcorder but I don't have either.

hoobs88

« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2011, 11:15:50 AM »

You have got to be the best player I've ever seen scores from, I'd love to see a playthrough from you at some point if you've got a video capture card.  Are you doing a 1CC on the entire game?  I haven't even broken a million yet but I do feel like I'm getting better; this game is addicting!!

@chany - The Comcast box in you picture stare back into my soul.  Whhyyyyyy??!?!

I'm not sure what the abbreviation "1CC" means so I don't know how to answer that question.

hoobs88

« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2011, 11:22:58 AM »
I have entries from Mishran (with high score of 6,403,170), xelement5x, and chany60126 so far... I will be selecting the winner(s) tonight before I go to bed so if there are any last minute entries, consider this is your last chance for romance.

Mishran

« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2011, 11:38:48 AM »
I've never gotten points for my extra lives!?

hoobs88

« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2011, 11:47:38 AM »

You only receive the bonus points for remaining lives if you get the "True Ending".

Mishran

« Reply #43 on: October 02, 2011, 11:49:17 AM »

You only receive the bonus points for remaining lives if you get the "True Ending".

Ah, gotcha.

allyourblood

« Reply #44 on: October 02, 2011, 12:44:41 PM »
Here's my best so far. I'll try to do more.

If anyone gets any leads on a "fair priced" copy of Coryoon, please lemme know!

Where is fancy bred?