Author Topic: New, Boxed CD-ROM2 System  (Read 131 times)

Samurai Ghost

New, Boxed CD-ROM2 System
« on: October 30, 2011, 09:22:26 PM »
Hope this post is in the right place, but a new boxed CD-ROM2 briefcase unit (with a bonus boxed coregrafx) just popped up on Yahoo Auctions:

http://page8.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/h157642420

Right now it just started at 980 yen (around $12) but I'm sure it will go up.
I'm tempted to bid on this one as I'm a huge fan of the briefcase style and a new one would be sweet.
How much do you think this thing would fetch where you live or how much would you be willing to pay?
Trying to get an idea of its value so I don't bid TOO high...

RR1980

Re: New, Boxed CD-ROM2 System
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2011, 12:45:19 AM »
wow that's pretty sweet you should get  it anyways cause these IFUs are common loose and in various degree of rough shape but boxed and in like new/brand new condition doesn't come by every day plus the bonus CIb CGII too! Although one thing is the cdromrom  tends to have a really high failure rate tho and I would have reservation buying it untested but hey if the price is good it might be worth it just to get the box hehe

Samurai Ghost

Re: New, Boxed CD-ROM2 System
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2011, 02:22:22 AM »
Yeah I know a guy out here who repairs them but I'd probably just end up leaving it in the box and reselling it at some point. Which seems kind of pointless really... Already have a couple Core Grafx so I don't need that either. But I might get it if the price is right! Maybe someone here would want it.