Author Topic: Who's still playing their Wii?  (Read 13633 times)

c0ldb33r

Who's still playing their Wii?
« on: November 05, 2011, 05:13:11 PM »
I haven't used my Wii in forever.

In fact, we bought a new entertainment center, and I left my PS3 and 360 still hooked up, but actually opted to pack up the wii as I never use it.

Anyone else in this boat?
Member of the F@ck EBAY Club

BlueBMW

Re: Who's still playing their Wii?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2011, 05:26:26 PM »
I bought a wii not long after its launch... I wore that thing out the first year or so, but nowadays... its been probably 6 months since I fired it up and that was to play a gamecube game...
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

hoobs88

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2011, 05:44:11 PM »
I still fire up it up for multiplayer Smash Bros action when friends are around but sadly no other games.
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase

Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
http://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0

League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

HammerHead

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2011, 05:46:57 PM »
Mine has certainly been collecting some dust. Last game I played was donkey kong country. Don't go packing it up so prematurely though. There is a new Zelda game coming out this month!

KingDrool

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2011, 06:04:07 PM »
Skyward Sword is in two weeks.

That is all...
Games I Need: Bonk 3 (HuCard), Legend of Hero Tonma, Magical Chase, Soldier Blade, Super Air Zonk.

Got one to sell? PM me!

c0ldb33r

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2011, 06:08:46 PM »
I still haven't beaten the last Wii Zelda game. I got a few hours into it and was BORED.

Last Zelda game I liked was the cel shaded one.

KingDrool

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2011, 06:24:15 PM »
I sorta hated Twilight Princess too. But I'm optimistic about Skyward Sword. I'm pretty good friends with Phil Kollar from Game Informer and I trust his opinion. He just gave it a 10. I'm keeping the faith.
Games I Need: Bonk 3 (HuCard), Legend of Hero Tonma, Magical Chase, Soldier Blade, Super Air Zonk.

Got one to sell? PM me!

SignOfZeta

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2011, 08:40:36 PM »
I've noticed that a lot of people make it some kind of badge of coolness to brag about how long its been since they turned on their Wii. There is no such thing as a system so awesome that it can entertain you while switched off...

I've been playing Mario Galaxy lately. Its only $20 now so I couldn't resist.

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2011, 09:35:49 PM »
I finally turned my Wii on after a long ass time to play Kirby Epic Yarn, Lost in Shadow, Fragile Dreams or whatever, Klonoa, Sonic Colors,and the newest Kirby that just came out.

I've determined that the Wii is basically horse shit for everything except platformers.  Skyward Sword is probably going to suck.
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2011, 09:47:45 PM »
ive never turned on a wii
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

nat

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2011, 09:58:16 PM »
I go through phases with all my non-NEC consoles, and the Wii is no different. I'll go through periods where I get into something and play it a bunch, and then nothing for a while.

The Wii has some really great stuff; the Mario Galaxies, Mario Kart Wii, the Sonic "kart" racing game (forget the name), Star Soldier R, Smash Bros, the Neo Geo re-releases on disc and the VC, Donkey Kong Country, Bust-A-Move Bash, New Super Mario Bros, and lots of 2D stuff, some of which I've only barely begun to get into.

The Wii isn't the console for next-gen 3D FPS games, and that's just fine with me, since that's the sort of shit I hate anyway. The Wii does what it does, and does it well.

c0ldb33r

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2011, 01:40:02 AM »
I've noticed that a lot of people make it some kind of badge of coolness to brag about how long its been since they turned on their Wii.
I don't think that's it. There are a few great games and loads of shovel ware. I want to love the wii, but just don't.

geise

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2011, 05:07:12 AM »
I finally got Sin and Punishment 2 and have really been having a good time with it.  I also loved Kirby's Epic Yarn.  I still start a new game of Mario Galaxies every now and then.  Last weekend I also played Raving Rabbids Go Home.  I am always a sucker for the Rabbids games.  Like nat, I go through phases where I won't touch any systems except one.  I always play something turbo related every week, but I do move onto other consoles.  Usually, I only play my Saturn for a couple weeks then move to my MVS or arcade PCB's.  It really is a spur of the moment for me and gaming.  I go in phases.  The Wii has been seeing a bit more attention lately, cause it has been so long since I've really sat down to play it.  I usually use it every day for Netflix and homebrew for watching movies.  I also have been enjoying Mednafen on the Wii.  Finally nice to have some SGX and PC-E that plays about as good as emulation is going to get to the real thing.

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2011, 07:47:54 AM »
I play it quite a bit, I have about 60-70 games for it, not counting downloadables. There's a lot of decent stuff on it to be quite honest. It's just that the decent stuff is 5% and crap takes up the other 95%.
--DragonmasterDan

KingDrool

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2011, 08:55:54 AM »
I'm gonna copy-and-paste segments of an article I wrote a while back about Wii's library. Here are a handful of games that I think make the console worth checking out...

Monster Hunter Tri, Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All Stars, Zack and Wiki: Quest for Barbaro’s Treasure, The House of the Dead 2 & 3 Return, House of the Dead: Overkill, Sonic & Sega All Star Racing, Madworld, Virtua Tennis 2009, Samba de Amigo, Sega Superstars Tennis, Sega Bass Fishing, NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams, and Sonic & the Secret Rings, Sonic Colors, Sonic Generations, Blast Works,A Boy and His Blob, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, Red Steel 2, Klonoa, Little King’s Story, Bully: Scholarship Edition, Metal Slug Anthology, Shiren the Wanderer, Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, Deadly Premonition, Okami, Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection, No More Heroes 1 & 2, Cave Story, Star Soldier R, Excite Bike: World Rally, World of Goo, Adventure Island: The Beginning, Alien Crush Returns, Bit.Trip.Beat/Core/Runner/Void, Blaster Master Overdrive, Castlevania The Adventure/Contra/Gradius ReBirth, Lost Winds, Mega Man 9 & 10, Military Madness: Nectaris, Phoenix Wright, Strong Bad, Swords & Soldiers, Tales of Monkey Island, Super Mario Galaxy 1&2, Metroid Prime 3, Metroid: Other M, New Super Mario Bros., Zelda: Twilight Princess, Zelda: Skyward Sword, Sin & Punishment: Star Successor, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, Battalion Wars 2, Wario Land: Shake It, Excite Truck and Excitebots: Trick Racing, Mario Kart Wii, Punch Out!!, Super Paper Mario, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Kirby: Return to Dreamland.

Got one to sell? PM me!