Author Topic: Who's still playing their Wii?  (Read 13795 times)

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
Re: Who's still playing their Wii?
« Reply #270 on: July 11, 2017, 09:20:49 AM »
Wind Waker would have been a much better game if it didnt look like Andy Warhol had a stroke  while using a paint program.
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

Michirin9801

« Reply #271 on: July 11, 2017, 01:34:49 PM »
The Game Cube controller is great and all for the Nintendo games, like Super Mario Sunshine, Luigi's Mansion and Zelda Wind Waker, but have you tried playing a fighting game other than Melee in it? (If so, it was probably Soul Calibur 2, btw best version because Link)
Everyone and their moms LOVES the Game Cube controller for Melee, I'm not that big into smash to begin with, I was back then, but mostly for the Nintendo Fangasm, which had already died down by the time I got to playing Brawl, I always found the gameplay to be too floaty and much less satisfying than a traditional fighter, now I know there's a lot of depth to Melee with the Wave-dashing and the L cancelling and stuff, but I'm FAR from a competitive fighting gamer, I just prefer traditional fighters because I think they're a LOT more fun than Smash...

Now Capcom vs. SNK 2 and Bloody Roar Primal Fury (which btw is WAY better than the PS1 Bloody Roar games) were probably the GCN games I've spent the most time with, but for these kinds of games the button layout of the cube is just dumb, and the D-pad's position is too awkward to use comfortably, I don't think I've ever had a worse experience playing fighting games, but you know what? I'd say the proper way to enjoy those games is on Nintendont on the Wii, which lets you play Game Cube games with the Wii Classic Controller Pro! Which I still say is the best controller Nintendo made since the SNES (not counting handhelds) because it is the natural evolution of the SNES controller with the D-pad, the sticks, the shoulder buttons and the face buttons are all in the correct place and layout! Granted the sticks aren't quite as good as the GCN analogue stick, but they get the job done perfectly well, and the D-pad is not quite as good as the SNES D-pad, or even on the Wiimote itself, but I've used a lot worse (on the Game Cube) I'd say it's about on-par with the PS1 D-pad, but with a proper cross shape...

Also, Zelda Wind Waker is one of the better 3D Zeldas, it's way WAY WAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY better than Twilight Princess, that much is for sure, and because of its more cartoony art-style it aged like a fine wine~ (But not as well as 16 bit games)

MrBroadway

« Reply #272 on: July 11, 2017, 01:44:30 PM »
I'd say the proper way to enjoy [Capcom vs. SNK 2] is on Nintendont on the Wii, which lets you play Game Cube games with the Wii Classic Controller Pro!
Or a Dreamcast with a stick.

Michirin9801

« Reply #273 on: July 11, 2017, 02:07:49 PM »
I'd say the proper way to enjoy [Capcom vs. SNK 2] is on Nintendont on the Wii, which lets you play Game Cube games with the Wii Classic Controller Pro!
Or that, but I was more specifically talking about the Game Cube version... You know, there's also a few arcade sticks for the Wii, but I don't have any, and I prefer gamepads anyway...

MrBroadway

« Reply #274 on: July 11, 2017, 02:09:58 PM »
Or that, but I was more specifically talking about the Game Cube version... You know, there's also a few arcade sticks for the Wii, but I don't have any, and I prefer gamepads anyway...

I had the TvC one that was made for the game. It was Ok. I don't recommend either TvC or the Wii, so I can't really recommend the stick, either, but if you like the game, I guess it's worth getting. Fairly cheap as far as sticks go.

Michirin9801

« Reply #275 on: July 11, 2017, 02:43:05 PM »
I had the TvC one that was made for the game. It was Ok. I don't recommend either TvC or the Wii, so I can't really recommend the stick, either, but if you like the game, I guess it's worth getting. Fairly cheap as far as sticks go.
I think TvC is nice, I don't have the stick though, but SNK vs Capcom 2 is better... Like, a lot better...

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
« Reply #276 on: July 11, 2017, 02:54:30 PM »
playing fighters on Gamecube is kind of dumb

all 3D zeldas suck.

Michirin9801

« Reply #277 on: July 11, 2017, 03:10:27 PM »
playing fighters on Gamecube is kind of dumb
Which is why I play them on the Wii instead, with a much better controller...

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
« Reply #278 on: July 11, 2017, 03:26:03 PM »
I play them on the Playstation instead, with probably an even better controller, lol.

Cube had fighter sticks though so it's all really a moot point minus the shit tier fighting selection on the cube

Michirin9801

« Reply #279 on: July 11, 2017, 03:42:05 PM »
I play them on the Playstation instead, with probably an even better controller, lol.

Cube had fighter sticks though so it's all really a moot point minus the shit tier fighting selection on the cube
I don't know about that... I mean, I've only played like, 4 fighters on the cube, and the worst of them all was Soul Calibur 2, which is a pretty okay game... I think Bloody Roar Primal Fury might be the best, Either that or Capcom vs SNK 2, depends on my mood... Far from the best fighting selection in the world, but "s*** tier" is giving it way too little credit, even if all the other CGN fighters are rubbish, it still has 2 spectacular and 1 super-overrated but still pretty good fighters, and that should count for something...

MrBroadway

« Reply #280 on: July 11, 2017, 04:05:48 PM »
The only real problem with that is that it's not the ideal platform for those fighters.

Then again, I don't care for 3D fighters, so that only really leaves one good fighter, which is better elsewhere.

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
« Reply #281 on: July 11, 2017, 04:25:34 PM »
It's shit tier because the exclusives are whatever, and everything else is "why is this being played on a gamecube".

why do you bleep out the word shit.   just say shit. 

"I only played 4 fighters on the cube" is like saying "I have played every fighter on the cube", and is my point really.

It's shit tier in terms of selection.    It's like going to Dairy Queen and being told they only have peanut buster parfaits.

They don't suck, but you're probably going to pissed anyways because you wanted a banana split or a blizzard.

blueraven

« Reply #282 on: July 11, 2017, 05:00:19 PM »
We're talking about the Cube, right?

Yup. But I thought you were talking about the Wii for DVD load times and it appears that everyone is just going Nintendo fanboy at this point.

I never said it was a good DVD player. It literally cannot be a good DVD player because it takes 3" discs only, you f*cking herb.

Smoke 'em if you got 'em. :wink: But seriously, I'm not a f*cking idiot. I know this. Again, this was edited to reference the Wii because everyone is just gushing about a whole bunch of off-topic shit. :D

It's not just load times you have no reference point for, from what I can see. You really shouldn't make such declarative statements about things like consumer products you apparently have never touched. It's not like you said "I think it looks dumb"', it's that you specifically called out people who defended it as not knowing what they were taking about but in reality you don't even know it won't take 5" discs making it seem very unlikely that you've spent any decent time with one.

It's kinda funny, because I said earlier that I had basically given up on console gaming after the PS1. I stand by this statement with the exception of the PSP, and then I just stopped paying attention again. And other than Josh's video about the load times of the Neo-Geo CD I wouldn't have known that it can take up to 30min to load a fight scene.

SO, call me ignorant, call me whatever regarding my lack of knowledge regarding the Gamecube. That's fine. No, I never really touched one. I remember playing that farm Sim ONCE with my neighbors in like 2003.  The Wii on the other hand, I'm just tired of... as has been apparent through my consistantly bad attitude on this thread.

And regarding me giving people shit for playing the gamecube... Well, I think its f*cking terrible. I'm glad you had a decent experience on it though.
[Thu 10:04] <Tatsujin> hasd a pasrtty asnd a after pasrty ASDFTERTHE PARTY
[Fri 22:47] <Tatsujin> CLOSE FIGHTING STREET; CLOSE FORU; CLOSE INTERNETZ; CLOSE WORLD; CLOSE UNIVERSUM
--
Arkhan [05:15pm]: ill brbl im going to go make another free game noone plays lolol

ClodBuster

• A real powerhouse!
    • Cumonreprocarts.com
« Reply #283 on: July 11, 2017, 05:32:38 PM »
Lol at the cube controller d-pad discussions.

Back then, I got myself one of those Hori Digital controllers that are shaped like SNES controllers and had very nice d-pads.

Since then, I'm using it for Soul Calibur II, Resident Evil 0 - 2, and the GameBoy Player.

Also does a fine job on the Wii RVL-001, the one that still had GC pad and mem card sockets.

Those who complain over tiny d-pads, were have you been in 2003 and why haven't you ordered the Hori pad from Japan when it was still cheap as chips?

Loading times suck.
Unless you can play a round of Space Invaders or Galaga while waiting for Ridge Racer to load.
Also, loading times aren't a thing of the past, have a look on Forza 4, the GTA games and especially Skyrim on Xbox 360 to relieve the rose tinted memories of going to the fridge one more time.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 05:48:06 PM by ClodBuster »

They tried to make me do a recap
I said no, no, no

crazydean

« Reply #284 on: July 11, 2017, 05:49:03 PM »
Looked up those Hori Pads on eBay. Damn, I missed the boat. $90+

I wouldn't mind a Hori N64 controller either but that's like $80+ too.
Arkhan: Im not butthurt by your enjoyment.  Im buttglad.