Author Topic: [SOLD]FS: Hu-Card games  (Read 422 times)

esteban

Re: [SOLD]FS: Hu-Card games
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2012, 11:58:27 PM »
The four all gone gone shipped.  Coming your way Bigus!  Have fun with em.
Got em, thank you! Now to explain why Yo Bro is a good game to the non turbo fan lol.

Yo' Bro is not a good game. I remember, back in the day, having absolutely no $$$, sick of all games I had access to (friends/family/rentals) and deciding to squeeze some entertainment from Yo' Bro. Lo and behold, I realized that Yo' Bro was like a poor man's Zombies Ate My Neighbors. Now, by simply making that comparison I'm setting you (everyone) up for disappointment because ZAMN has decent controls and executed nicely with no rough patches (some aspects are polished, even). Enter Yo' Bro, where the controls are horrid (I always felt you had to "overcompensate" to create any sort of precision). Lining up your projectiles is ODD because they are off-set slightly (to the right? Because our skateboarding bear is right-handed?)—a nod to realism that breaks conventions (projectiles shoot from center). I COULD CONTINUE THE CRITICISMS, but, for the sake of brevity, I WAS SO DESPERATE, having nothing to play, I actually wanted to complete each successive level, no matter how uninspired or tedious. I turned down the PSG Beach Boys and listened to records I liked instead.

So: Our skateboarding bear moves at a decent clip, which I like. I actually feel that powering up MEANS SOMETHING, so special weapons actually feel special, the CHALLENGE ramps up and I'll admit that there are some levels that were tough for me (still are!), beating these states is satisfying (assuming you didn't throw controller at TV),I'm a sucker for the "save the kids/destroy the generators spawning enemies" formula, I like the uninspired, poorly-executed, distinctly 80's California surfer vibe (which was outdated by the time the game was released).

Anyway, I should have posted this in a thread that folks will read!
  |    |