Author Topic: looking for programmer, to make etc. Lets make the PCE alive.  (Read 1534 times)

vestcoat

Re: Artist looking for programmer, to make etc. Willing to pay
« Reply #45 on: December 31, 2011, 11:32:06 AM »

esteban

|    | 

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #47 on: January 03, 2012, 02:46:55 AM »
Pure gold!  :lol:
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

RegalSin

« Reply #48 on: January 09, 2012, 03:03:46 AM »
I am offering to pay somebody to work alongside me to make my demo,and all you can do is joke. Maybe if we can get the demo working we can work on an actual project, and share the profits. Like anybody else I have had tons of ideas, for videogames, and why not make the PCE numba 1#, before we die.

Death is a reality, We see it everytime our pets die, and never think about the meat that we eat. Before I die I will make something with or without help. I don't care about anything else but comics, videogames, and animations.

If you want to work with me, look at my original post, and send a link
if your work, and then we can get started. I am no blasted programmer, and it is going to take another year to actual get into doing assembler or whatever for me

TheOldMan

« Reply #49 on: January 09, 2012, 04:34:51 AM »
Before you read the rest of this: I'm not ripping on you, or even trying to annoy you. I'm simply dealing with reality here....
I am offering to pay somebody to work alongside me
You're looking for a programmer, right? Someone who knows what they are doing?
You probably can't afford them then. -Good- programmers make $30-$40 per hour.
Do you really have about $60,000 to pay some one to help??

we can work on an actual project, and share the profits
What profits? Seriously, you are not going to sell more than about 100 copies of any homebrew game for a 20 year old system. You -will- be lucky to break even on expenses. No one is going to make a lot of money here.

Before I die I will make something with or without help.
Start now then, with or without help. It takes about 5 years to become a good enough programmer to really produce anything on your own. Even -with- help.

I am no blasted programmer, and it is going to take another year to actual get into doing assembler or whatever for me
So, what you are really looking for is a tutor? Some one to help you learn assembler? Google is your friend, there.
The -only- way to learn to program is to *do it*. All the teachers in the world can't make you a programmer; you learn to program by doing it.

Like anybody else I have had tons of ideas.
Yes, everyone has ideas about what they want in a video game: Few have the persistance to follow through with it. I have lost count of the number of people who say to me "I have this neat idea for a game. Can you help me write it?" What they really mean when they say that is "Will you write it for me?" Then, when you ask about some detail (and it is -all- in the details for a game), they can't answer, or be bothered to figure it out. And since they are not capable of programming, they -can't- help. No matter how much they want to.
I wish you the best of luck in this endeavore. If you have -specific- questions, I'm sure the peeps here would be happy to help. Just keep in mind, no one is going to do it for you. If they can do it, they are already working on other things (and don't have to share the profits). Like you said, everyone has ideas :) Few of us are capable of making them reality, and those who can already are.

RegalSin

« Reply #50 on: January 09, 2012, 12:21:39 PM »
Thanks for running your mouth.

1. Any entry level position makes $30 dollars per hour.
A real proffessional should be making $120 per hour.

2. I need help making a demo, not a whole game

3. It does not take 5+ years to become a good programmer, their is no such thing as a good programmer, or a good anything, it takes repetive practice, but if you keep at it you can learn, and make something with it.

4. This is why it sucks to be in the western world, because people everywhere are just can't say. I bet on a forum in another language ( probably Japanese ) a person would kill at the chance to use their programming abilities to program somebodys game and see where it goes from their. I get the same shitty responce from everybody in the west.

Hey, okay I will write your program, but you will complie it, because I want to see the PCE thrive, and reborn.