Author Topic: Teh VITA  (Read 2442 times)

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
Re: Teh VITA
« Reply #120 on: February 22, 2012, 02:57:40 PM »
What's wrong with the vita?  I find Wipeout to be exceptionally titolicious.

I still need to get shinobido 2, but Ninja Gaiden is ok for now.

Little Deviants turned out to be neater than I expected, and does the whole augmented reality thing about 400x better than the 3DS and it's douche-wad cards.
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

turbokon

« Reply #121 on: February 22, 2012, 03:43:59 PM »
Got mine on Saturday.  The Vita is the best gaming system (portable or not) ever since the turbografx 16 and I don't care what any body else says.
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

SMF

« Reply #122 on: February 22, 2012, 04:33:40 PM »
The Vita looks cool, But i got burned by sonys portables 1 to many times to get it rite out of the gates. Besides i have a bet with a few friends on how fast Sony will release Uncharted Golden Abyss for the PS3. They say no i say God of War Origins lol.
Welcome to Prime Time B!tch

TheClash603

« Reply #123 on: February 22, 2012, 04:37:19 PM »
I don't understand why it was designed with breakable analog sticks?  I have to keep the Vita in it's case, which then makes the system even larger than it already is.  I was walking through the mall with the system in my coat pocket, and people kept looking at me because it was foolishly bulky.

I thought the view in Wipeout just didn't see to be placed right.  I am a big fan of the console games, but this one seems a little off.

I hate the back touch pad.  I can't hold the system comfortably without touching it.  Playing Super Stardust and using my gravity sucker move without wanting to, it gets so frustrating!

Other than that stuff, it is pretty okay I suppose.

TR0N

« Reply #124 on: February 22, 2012, 11:36:23 PM »
In other related vita news  :-"

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

GohanX

« Reply #125 on: February 23, 2012, 12:23:38 AM »
I got Uncharted and Virtua Tennis in the mail the other day, with Hot Shots Golf, Blazblue, and Rayman Origins on the way thanks to the Amazon sale. The Vita is scheduled to arrive tomorrow!

guyjin

« Reply #126 on: February 23, 2012, 04:37:00 AM »
How faithful a port is Virtua Tennis to the Arcade original, or the Dreamcast version?
"Fun is a strong word." - SNK
"Today, people do all kind of shit." - Tatsujin

bartre

« Reply #127 on: February 23, 2012, 04:42:34 AM »
i've played my buddies vita, and it's pretty damn nice, i'm sure i'll get one eventually.
but in the mean time, i've got plenty of obey to handle me for a while

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
« Reply #128 on: February 23, 2012, 04:55:36 AM »
I may grab a PCE game off the store just to see how tits it is to play on teh VITAAAAAA

GohanX

« Reply #129 on: February 23, 2012, 05:52:13 AM »
How faithful a port is Virtua Tennis to the Arcade original, or the Dreamcast version?

I've only played the demo, but the Vita version seems very faithful to the 360/PS3 versions released a couple of years ago. One thing worth noting is that it doesn't play exactly like Virtua Tennis or Tennis 2k2 on the DC, it is a little more of an actual tennis game and is less arcadey, if that makes sense.

Honestly, I think I'd prefer a straight Tennis 2k2 port, but I'll take what I can get. Once I get to play the full version I'll speak some more about it.

SMF

« Reply #130 on: February 23, 2012, 07:36:57 AM »
I've always enjoyed Virtual Tennis on the Dreamcast and can't really get into the other releases. Kinda like the World Series games. Loved them and wish they would bring them back. SEGA PLEASE lol.
Welcome to Prime Time B!tch

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
« Reply #131 on: February 23, 2012, 07:42:45 AM »
I liked that sega superstars tennis for xbox 360

How about a new DAVIS CUP

motherf*ckers!

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #132 on: February 23, 2012, 08:27:30 AM »
The Vita looks cool, But i got burned by sonys portables 1 to many times to get it rite out of the gates. Besides i have a bet with a few friends on how fast Sony will release Uncharted Golden Abyss for the PS3. They say no i say God of War Origins lol.

Hmm, I've had nothing but great results with my PSP's.  I have the 1000 for CFW & the 2000 for OFW.  For awhile my DS & PSP were even in the number of games I own, but now my PSP has just plain taken over, there's alot of great games on it, & I've never had any problems with the system itself.  Heck, just the option to be able to turn it off & still have my game right there is awesome, I use that feature constantly even though it eats battery.  I also used to hate the analog nub, but now I'm totally used to it!  I don't know if it took me playing the right game on it or what, but I think it's fine, though I still prefer analog sticks.

Hmmm, I wonder if they will end up making Golden Abyss for PS3, I hadn't thought of that...

Oh & in regards to

I've been eating quite a bit of Taco Bell lately, though, I've never had a message saying I won.  The deal for the food itself is decent, still, I hope I win....& now, if I win, I hope they don't say it's not valid!  Also, looks like that guy has a few Turbo games above his saturn collection, not to mention Ys Oath in Felghana for PSP :)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 08:35:55 AM by ParanoiaDragon »

GohanX

« Reply #133 on: March 01, 2012, 02:18:35 PM »

Sorry for the late reply, I've been playing my Vita all week!

It took me a while to get into it, but Virtua Tennis 4 is sooooo good! Like I said before it's not as arcadey, so you have to really think about your positioning and timing your button presses correctly, you can't just run in the general direction and hit the button and save the shot like in VT1. But, once you get the hang of it, it's very good! Maybe not as good as VT 1 and 2, but still quite excellent.

I will say that the World Tour mode is considerably better, it was pretty boring in the old games. Also, I like the inclusion of some older tennis legends in the game, but they don't have some of the really popular classic guys you might wish to be in there. They have Courier, Becker and Edberg for example, but are missing classics like Agassi, Sampras and McEnroe.