Author Topic: Wii's TG16 Service Performance?  (Read 1645 times)

Shrapnoid

Wii's TG16 Service Performance?
« on: January 28, 2012, 09:14:41 AM »
I have a few questions for TG16/PC-E console owners who also use Wii's Virtual Console.

First off, are the games as accurate as on the TG16?
Noticed any bugs or glitches that don't occur in your Turbo or Duo?
Is the speed, audio and video accurate, better, worse?
Do they carry the entire U.S. library?
Do Wii versions of the games come with any pics of the original covers, boxes or history?
Have any of the available games expired or no longer available?
Does one require a router and online service to acquire the Virtual TG16 games?
Do you have to be online to play the downloaded games?

Okay so, that was a lot more than a few questions but, I'm curious because I've thought a little about getting this system.

SignOfZeta

Re: Wii's TG16 Service Performance?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 09:25:30 AM »
Yes you need an Internet connection. How else would the game get on your Wii? You don't need to stay connected just to play them though.

I only have two games, Ninja Spirit and Star Paradia. Emulation is pretty much perfect, as far as I can tell. The video coming out of a Wii is also much more high quality that what comes out of a PCE too so it will look decent on LCDs, assuming you've purchased the component video cable

I'm pretty sure the entire US library is not on there. To my knowledge all Virtual Console games that have ever been for sale are still there.

Shrapnoid

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2012, 09:55:47 AM »
I know I would need internet. I just meant would it have to be internet uhh... in my name so, to speak?

So, are they still releasing more games for it or have they stopped.

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2012, 10:17:02 AM »
I know I would need internet. I just meant would it have to be internet uhh... in my name so, to speak?

So, are they still releasing more games for it or have they stopped.

Games still come out for the virtual console on a weekly basis, since Hudson has closed their US offices, I don't recall seeing any new TG16 releases, but it's always possible.
--DragonmasterDan

SMF

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2012, 12:25:27 PM »
 The video coming out of a Wii is also much more high quality that what comes out of a PCE too so it will look decent on LCDs, assuming you've purchased the component video cable

I'm pretty sure the entire US library is not on there. To my knowledge all Virtual Console games that have ever been for sale are still there.
[/quote]

This is pretty much the reason i have downloaded Neutopia on the Wii so i can play it on my TV and it looks good.
Welcome to Prime Time B!tch

blueraven

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2012, 12:46:16 PM »
I have Air Zonk, and Blazing Lasers.

They're identical as far as I can tell. I'm actually quite impressed.
[Thu 10:04] <Tatsujin> hasd a pasrtty asnd a after pasrty ASDFTERTHE PARTY
[Fri 22:47] <Tatsujin> CLOSE FIGHTING STREET; CLOSE FORU; CLOSE INTERNETZ; CLOSE WORLD; CLOSE UNIVERSUM
--
Arkhan [05:15pm]: ill brbl im going to go make another free game noone plays lolol

esteban

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2012, 01:14:08 PM »
I have tried a few TG-16 games on Wii Virtual Console (to evaluate the emulation) and there were no obvious problems.

I can tell you that the original release of Military Madness for Wii VC did have problems, but it was eventually patched.
  |    | 

TheClash603

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2012, 04:47:47 PM »
Only two games I downloaded on my Wii were the Crush games, because I had my Wii with me when I was traveling, and I needed my fix.

Each of the Crush games seems to play well to me, but Devils Crush was censored and the pentagrams were removed.

nat

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2012, 07:03:02 PM »
The entire library is definitely not available... It's mostly games that were published by Hudson, Konami, IREM, and, uh, Data East maybe? There were a large number of publishers that either wouldn't license their back catalog to Nintendo for the VC or wanted too much money to license the games. Then there is the handful of publishers that no longer exist whose IP is either in dispute or exists in some void making it virtually impossible to secure rights. Since the majority of games on the Turbo were actually published by Hudson, there's still a good selection available.

TR0N

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2012, 10:07:47 PM »
The only TG16 game i've ever down loaded was dynastic hero and the emulation seems pretty spot on to me.As for suport it's pretty much dead right now i think the last release was gradius II,but i'm not so sure.At this point though it seems "noa has given up on the vc" unless there waiting for the release of the wii u.Also as nat mention the lincense issue has been a problem for the vc as well.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

soop

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2012, 09:48:59 PM »
There is, however, a reason I need to punch the VC in the face.  I have a handful of games, some bought with points I paid for, a few just from Nintendo club codes.

But if I sell my Wii, or if my Wii dies and needs to be replaced, all of these games will be lost.  As in, I would need to repurchase them.

Cheap though they may be, I am not buying anything else from the VC store until Nintendo sort their infrastructure out.

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2012, 11:52:59 PM »

But if I sell my Wii, or if my Wii dies and needs to be replaced, all of these games will be lost.  As in, I would need to repurchase them.

Cheap though they may be, I am not buying anything else from the VC store until Nintendo sort their infrastructure out.

Nintendo CAN transfer virtual console purchases from one system to another, but it involves calling Nintendo. I know with the 3DS Nintendo had a system of transferring purchases made with a DSI to the 3DS without having to call them. I suspect when the Wii-U comes out they will use a similar system for transferring purchases.
--DragonmasterDan

turbokon

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2012, 03:36:12 AM »
I've downloaded a few turbo games from VC but still nothing can replace playing the real thing on real hardwares.
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2012, 03:46:15 AM »
I've downloaded a few turbo games from VC but still nothing can replace playing the real thing on real hardwares.

Agreed.

With that said, when there's very expensive games like SAZ or Dynastic Hero and you want to play the English version legally, the virtual console is a great option.
--DragonmasterDan

Bernie

« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2012, 04:14:54 AM »
I didnt know Dynastic Hero was on there.   Here I go to sign in!