Author Topic: Where is the lantern in Dragon Slayer?  (Read 1429 times)

tpivette

Re: Where is the lantern in Dragon Slayer?
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2012, 11:24:19 PM »
Sweet!

I restarted this game in order to find the lantern back when I originally started this thread, but have sine been playing other games. Looks like I'll have to pick this one back up and go on a Cyclops hunt!
Original owner of a TG-16 since 1989!

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f
Wii U - Monster Hunter 3 Ulltimate

Bernie

« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2012, 11:25:54 PM »
Sweet!

I restarted this game in order to find the lantern back when I originally started this thread, but have sine been playing other games. Looks like I'll have to pick this one back up and go on a Cyclops hunt!

Me too.  lol

SuitedAJ

« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2012, 08:21:26 AM »
Quote from: tpivette on July 17, 2012, 03:24:19 AM
Sweet!

Awesome! Glad to have helped! :) Out of curiousity, has anyone else encountered anything I don't have listed? Or even, has anyone got a Venom Fang, Hyper 2000, or the Trident? I've had the first two but I can't remember where... I thought the Venom Fang was from Hornvipers in Ch. 3 but I've killed enough to go to Lvl. 40 then so I'm seriously starting to doubt that's how I did it originally... The Trident, honestly, may not exist. I include it because the scammer merchant in Nigel, in Ch. 1 offers it on occasion at full price (400000 gold). - Any info is greatly appreciated in return!!! :D

~ AJ

tpivette

« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2012, 02:32:18 PM »
I've gotten the Trident... equipped it on Ethan if I recall (Giles and Logan have the Sword Blazes). I know I aquired this item in the final chapter of the game, however, I cant remember if it was out of a treasure chest or it was an enemy drop

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f

SuitedAJ

« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2012, 02:56:34 PM »
It almost definitely cannot be a chest... I've literally looked in all of them I think. Even most monsters I've killed countless times. Good to know it exists though. Any other notes?

SuitedAJ

« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2012, 02:57:58 PM »
also if you can remember anything else about the trident I'd be indebted!!!

tpivette

« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2012, 04:00:23 PM »
When I get home from work tomorrow, I'll load up the saved game where I have that item equipped... I can give you stats on it, etc.

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f

tpivette

« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2012, 11:06:32 AM »
Heres the Trident...

Looks as though it has an attack power of 700, which is a 100 point improvement over the strongest store-bought weapon, the Star Blade. As I mentioned, I have it equipped on Ethan, although I'm sure as with all weapons, anyone can equip it. I'd like to find another one to give to Sonia, but I'm pretty positive I found it in a chest and it wasnt a monster drop. As I continue to play through my 2nd quest (currently on Chapter 3, looking for the lantern) I'll let you know if I aquire this item again and where I found it

Hope that helps a little

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f

SuitedAJ

« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2012, 12:06:45 PM »
Looks as though it has an attack power of 700, which is a 100 point improvement over the strongest store-bought weapon, the Star Blade. As I mentioned, I have it equipped on Ethan, although I'm sure as with all weapons, anyone can equip it. I'd like to find another one to give to Sonia, but I'm pretty positive I found it in a chest and it wasnt a monster drop. As I continue to play through my 2nd quest (currently on Chapter 3, looking for the lantern) I'll let you know if I aquire this item again and where I found it

That would be AMAZING!!! I'd really appreciate that. It's the one item I've never got on any playthrough, especially because I don't even know where to start looking. Having only the one doesn't necessarily mean it's an item from a chest; in fact I've never had an item dropped from a monster more than once per playthrough, so I think they're unique anyways...

Hope that helps a little

It helps more than you know! :D Knowing it exists if nothing more is proof my effort has not been in vain!

SuitedAJ

« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2012, 12:14:31 PM »

It would also help to know if you loaded your save again and selected Warp 2 whether your save state is missing places, e.g.: Lost Isle onward... If you are, we could eliminate those places obviously!

esteban

« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2012, 04:53:46 PM »
Welcome, SuitedAJ.

The FAQ you're writing and the info you shared looks quite promising .

|    | 

SuitedAJ

« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2018, 06:26:20 PM »
I found the Venom Fang!!! It's a random drop from the Bulltoads in Ch. 3 - not the Horn Vipers as I previously thought (especially since they "attack with their venom fang"... such a red herring...).

Still looking for the Trident and Hyper 2000 - Anyone figure those out over the last 6 years of playthroughs? :P