Author Topic: Duo-R/RX Hucard slot cover dimensions or Spare slot cover from dead system?  (Read 234 times)

masamuneGTO

Hey guys, I have a nice looking Duo-RX machine, Keith Courage has seen it in person.  However, the system is missing the card slot cover.  

I am interested in either acquiring one, but more interested in 3d printing a copy.  The only thing is, I do not have the dimensions of the actual cover.  I have access to three 3d printers at UCSF, so printing one shouldn't be an option as long as I can recreate it in CAD.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 04:30:18 PM by masamuneGTO »

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Re: Duo-R/RX Hucard slot cover dimensions
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 03:53:43 AM »
If somebody doesn't get to it sooner, I can measure mine up when it comes back from the shop.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

masamuneGTO

Still looking for dimensions to 3d print one or looking to pay for an extra cover slot.

Keith Courage

Man, I am trying to measure mine but it curves. I am really stumped on how to get you some exact measurements but here is the best I have. From looking at the top of the cover it is 2 and 3/8 inches in length from front to back on both the right and left side. However if I measure from underneath the cover it is 2 and 3/4 in length on the right and left side. But the thing curves as is goes from right to left. However even with the curve the length stays the same across of 2 and 3/8 on top and 2 and 3/4 underneath. Basically if you measure the curve on the base of the console from right to left you would get the angle needed.  Width is 2 inches 5/16. The post to hold the cover in the DUO is 3/8 in from the rear of the cover
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 07:35:27 PM by Keith Courage »

masamuneGTO

I think the best way would be a picture with a rule for scale.  I think I could eventually mock a model directly from that keeping the scale.  It probably will be a while before I get around to attempting to print one though because I have a PhD qualifying exam I am preparing to take in a couple of months.

Thanks for taking the time to make the measurements though.