Author Topic: Jackie Chan is supporting XaviX !!!!  (Read 824 times)

Keranu

Jackie Chan is supporting XaviX !!!!
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2005, 06:06:04 PM »
Steve, I'm popping a bucket of popcorn already for when your video is ready for my viewing pleasure  8) . I cannot wait!
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

esteban

Jackie Chan is supporting XaviX !!!!
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2005, 10:42:47 AM »
Xmas Eve Update: It's nearly 4pm (PST) and sadly it seems that Xavix will not arrive before Xmas. I checked the tracking at UPS the last few days and it was supposed to have arrived yesterday (23rd), but then, last night it said it was "Rescheduled." I was hoping that it would arrive today, but the status at UPS doesn't list a date for "Expected Delivery."

Ahhhhhhhhhhh... I was ***this*** close to pulling off the perfect Xavix XmaS.

I'm gonna call UPS because I live only 15 miles from the sorting facility that last scanned the shipment. Maybe I can pick it up in person, though I doubt it is very likely.

Quote from: "GUTS"
Man that's hilarious, I'm looking forward to reading what the thing is like when you actually get it.  Hopefully it turns out to be cool, despite my gut telling me you'll play it for a day or two then throw it in the closet, haha.
Your gut and my gut alike. Yeah, I decided it was worth it to take a chance. Even if it's just for laughs (my wife is gonna think this thing is ridiculous!)... the other day we were reading  about a stationary bicycle that has a large monitor mounted in front of it with a virtual "tour de france" simulation (or something like that)... it was PC-based, but it looked like such a monstrous, silly contraption that she said, "Who is gonna buy something stupid like that?" and I was thinking "Ha! You're gonna get something even sillier for Xmas!"

We'll see...

Quote from: "Keranu"
Steve, I'm popping a bucket of popcorn already for when your video is ready for my viewing pleasure Cool . I cannot wait!
Oh yeah! You know I'm doing it, definitely :). Just make sure you have the "Movie Theatre Butter Flavor" popcorn, because it will be an epic cinematic experience.

Quote from: "nodtveidt"
I believe this was the machine being demonstrated at a Radio Shack down here a number of months ago...the employee was playing some baseball game on it with this dorky little bat that barely worked at all. The whole thing just looked like a complete joke.
Ha! Well, Xavix is one expensive novelty product, that's for sure. :) At minimum, I hope it will bring some laughs (even if they are expensive laughts).

I don't know if you necessarily saw Xavix at RS though -- I've seen cheaper items ($30-40) being sold. For the last 3-4 years, at Xmas time, I've seen a bunch of folks (usually at carts / kiosks at the local malls) selling:
1) Ping Pong
2) Baseball
3) Boxing (new this year!)
4) Famicom emulator with tons of pirated ROMS built in (looks like a Nintendo 64 controller).
5) Cheap knock-off of DDR (with very flimsy dance mat)... (new this year!)

1-3 are stand-alone items, unlike Xavix, which uses cartridges. Anyway, my wife and I have played 1 & 2 & 5 when we're at the mall and they're somewhat fun to play (short term appeal, but after 20 minutes it's time to move onto something else). Then again, the games were totally lacking ninjas, so that's to be expected.

We haven't had a chance to play # 3 because there were too many people waiting ahead of us. Boxing is popular!

Anyway, I'm very skeptical about the quality of Xavix (both hardware and software). We'll have to wait and see what its like. With my luck, the cheaper items at the mall will turn out to be more fun and better made. :)
  |    |