Author Topic: Tengai Makyou II rocks hard...  (Read 2346 times)

Black Tiger

Tengai Makyou II rocks hard...
« Reply #75 on: October 07, 2006, 08:03:44 AM »
Quote from: "Kaminari"
Quote from: "Black_Tiger"
I believe, from what I remember from what I saw in PC Engine magazines, is that the Super CD Ziria was originally given away with the original PCE Duo

Some early Super CD-ROM drives and Duo packs were bundled with the demo disc Super CD-ROMĀ² Taiken Soft Shū. Ziria SCD was released sometime during 1993 for the Duo-R launch.

Then it really doesn't make much sense.  :)
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Keranu

« Reply #76 on: October 07, 2006, 08:36:11 AM »
Does the SCD version of Ziria have a special System Card Error screen when loaded with a system card less than Super CD? If so, maybe that's the reason they decided to make it a SCD, though that's a pretty stupid reason :D .
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Black Tiger

« Reply #77 on: October 07, 2006, 08:47:11 AM »
Quote from: "Keranu"
Does the SCD version of Ziria have a special System Card Error screen when loaded with a system card less than Super CD? If so, maybe that's the reason they decided to make it a SCD, though that's a pretty stupid reason :D .

Yeah, it's on my System Card Warning Warehouse page. It's actually really cool and worth the format change(for me). It still doesn't explain why Hudson would bother though.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Kaminari

« Reply #78 on: October 07, 2006, 10:22:27 PM »
I remember Red made a buzz over their Ziria OVA (initially released in 1990). 1993 was quite the Tengai year; what with Fūun Kabuki Den and (pre-Namida) Tengai 3 Himiko's fake preview. Ziria on SCD was no wonder in this context.

Keranu

« Reply #79 on: October 07, 2006, 10:46:29 PM »
Just beat Kabuki Den a half hour or so ago and checked out the debug menu; EXCELLENT GAME! It's fun and hilarious adventure loaded with crazy moments, but also loaded with some very deep dramatic moments as well. It was a pretty lengthy quest for me too, took me like 50 hours (well take away an hour since I left it on for an hour without playing it once), though I think it takes most first timers a lot less than that. I'd also like to add that Kabuki Den has the best ending you will ever experience in a RPG, it's just that epic :) .

After checking out the debug mode, I calculated some data from it and Kabuki Den is quite the massive game. Check out some info I recorded:

41 Cinemas
1,534/1,540 vocal recordings (for convos and such)
25 ADPCM sound effects (13 being vocal sound effect stuff like yells and grunt; 12 being more natural sound effects like window crashes and ringing bells)
23 CD music tracks
43 PSG music tracks
170 different enemy sprites used in battles
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

gbapalyer

Re: Tengai Makyou II rocks hard...
« Reply #80 on: September 02, 2012, 06:50:11 AM »
8 hours into the game now and i really like it. it is definetely better than ziria, which was also good in its own ways. ;)
Currently playing:   (Started  . Feb. 2013)