Author Topic: Battle Heat, I finally "get it"  (Read 263 times)

m1savage

Battle Heat, I finally "get it"
« on: December 14, 2005, 03:56:01 PM »
Since the birthday of the PC-FX is almost here, I decided to break out a bunch of games I haven't played in a while. Battle Heat was one of the first games I got, but it seldom got played when the ol' PC-FX was on due mainly to the fact that I'm just not good at fighing games, and I never quite understood "how" to play. Well, I sat down with it and the moves list from this site the other day determined to at least try. Once I figured out it plays a lot like the Sega CD game Prize Fighter (Honeyboy! ^_^) I really enjoyed it. The moves come out almost instantly which it vital in this type of game. Now if I could just figure out all the reversals and such. Guess I'll have to play some more!

Keranu

« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2005, 04:41:15 PM »
I got a PC-FX last month and it took me awhile to figure out Battle Heat and I can understand it now, but I am still not very good, especially when it comes to reversals as you have said.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Laurent_fx

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2006, 01:16:30 AM »
Quote from: "Keranu"
... but I am still not very good

yeah, this was my first PC-FX game. I bought it even before getting a PC-FX unit !!! That's a great fighting game but the gameplay music is not very nice... Keranu, I wasn't also very good at it until I found the guard button (an essential one!), then... I saw all the ends !

Keranu

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2006, 04:54:16 PM »
The main thing I don't quite understand in Battle Heat is how the blocks and counters work, it seems you have to perform special moves with the D-Pad with the block button instead of just pressing block.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).