Author Topic: Nintendo Acapella  (Read 639 times)

khyrox

Nintendo Acapella
« on: October 17, 2005, 11:17:13 AM »
I'm sure some of you have seen this already. Pretty cute I thought. :P

http://college.big-boys.com/articles/nintendochoir.html

esteban

Nintendo Acapella
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2005, 04:19:46 PM »
yeah, this is always a delight to see :)

I love how the one dude sets up the performance in a slightly vague fashion (i.e. here's a song by a "japanese composer")
  |    | 

Keranu

Nintendo Acapella
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2005, 04:45:39 PM »
Funny and well done, even though I can't stand college kids.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

TR0N

Nintendo Acapella
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2005, 10:08:47 PM »
Cute and funny at the same time.

It just shows how much, Nintendo games have influence culture here :wink:

Btw any body ever watch this?

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

esteban

Nintendo Acapella
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2005, 01:56:44 AM »
Quote from: "Tron"

I never saw that before. We definitely need more marimba / xylophone performance art like this :). The bouncing fireballs were a really nice touch.

So, I've never even seen Google's video search, so after typing "turbografx" I typed "genesis" and found this beauty:
. (This one's for you, GUTS.)

Although
and
are hard to beat.

EDIT: I misspoke. The Genesis ad campaigns were rightious, no doubt, but nothing, nothing, nothing can hold a candle to this ad:
. This was the first time I have seen it, and quite frankly, it just kicks ass. The closing line about leaving "...skidmarks on your soul" is just icing on the cake.

"playin' poooooooooooooooooooole oooooooooooohhhh oooooooh
oooooooooooohhhh oooooooh oooooh
pole position"
  |    | 

GUTS

Nintendo Acapella
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2005, 07:15:33 AM »
Man I cringed when I watched those college retards singing, I couldn't even finish the video it was so bad.  Now that guy who played mario music on the his guitar was AWESOME.  So was the dude who could do the medly on his piano, amazing stuff.

Steve that commercial was rad, but there was no SEGA! scream at the end of it!  I always missed the scream after they ditched it, it was one of the most creative adverts ever.

Keranu

Nintendo Acapella
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2005, 04:55:04 PM »
Nice xylophone playing! And hell, it was two people coordinated, nice job!

Excellent commercial links Steve. I have seen them all before but they are some of my favorites, especially the Zelda one. The Pole Position one is so 80's, I can't get enough of that early 80's style. The old Atari commercials are probably my favorite video game commercials.

I enjoy the Genesis commercials from the day, it's also a good laugh to see how ignorant Sega is, even though Genesis still kicks ass. However I have to disagree with GUTs, I thought the "SEGA" scream was annoying and not creative at all. "Welcome to the Next Level" was just worse though. What about those old Atari commercials where they sing "Have you played Atari today?". Those commercials are hilarious. My brother downloaded all the classic 32-bit and below commercials from here and recorded them on two VHSs, so it's nice to pop in those every now and then and sit back to watch all the greats. :D
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

esteban

Nintendo Acapella
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2005, 02:37:45 AM »
I thought the  "Sega Scream" was brilliant. You wanted to hear it at the end of every commerical. I agree, though, that "Welcome to the Next Level" can't compare to the Sega Scream.

I thought the PlayStation 1 "PLAY-STAY-SHUN" was just as addictive as the Sega Scream. By this, I mean it was very satisfying to hear it at the end of a commerical. I would always "sing along" in my head. Very catchy, both of them.

SHORT JINGLES is where it's at.

Anyway, if you folks have a chain of auto parts stores called "AutoZone" near you, please tell me you have some of their old TV ads on videotape. 2-3 years ago, they had this great jingle, but it was a short song, with a guy singing:

"Get in the Zone... Awwwwwwwwwwwww Tow Zone!" -- it was catchy as hell for me, very stuck in the 80's sound. This was an average-length jingle,  though.

What's funny is that I hate advertisements 99% of the time. But with some jingles, I love thinking about the folks who write them and the ensuing recording sessions. Here's a local fave:

"We're large enough to accomodate,
but small enough to appreciate,
at Sooouth Coooast Shingllllllllllllle!"

UPDATE: Holy sweet Jehu, South Coast Shingle has this commerical at their website! Unfortunately, the ending is cut short :(
http://www.southcoastshingle.com/commercial.html

Anyway, did you notice how effective this jingle was? I haven't seen this ad in at least a year and I friggin' remembered the name of a SHINGLE shack.  

P.S. It might take 200-300 listens before you find the jingle as endearing as I do.
  |    | 

GUTS

Nintendo Acapella
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2005, 02:20:39 PM »
AGH the Auto Zone jingle!  They still play that here in Oregon!  My roommate always sings it but keeps going off like "if you want it, we can order it, if its not here, we'll have it shipped, fedex, or ups, blah blah blah" and on and on.  I usually chuck something at him halfway through.

TR0N

Nintendo Acapella
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2005, 06:34:09 PM »
Quote from: "stevek666"
Quote from: "Tron"

I never saw that before. We definitely need more marimba / xylophone performance art like this :). The bouncing fireballs were a really nice touch.

So, I've never even seen Google's video search, so after typing "turbografx" I typed "genesis" and found this beauty:

Nice but, i pefer to use this site more for old video game adds.

What's great about it you even can save them to your HD.

Btw they do have a nice sellection on adds from, Sega :wink:

http://gameads.gamepressure.com

Keranu

Nintendo Acapella
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2005, 08:23:15 PM »
Haha, Autozone. I did always dig that 80's sound to it.

TR0N

Nintendo Acapella
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2005, 11:15:58 PM »
Quote from: "stevek666"

"Get in the Zone... Awwwwwwwwwwwww Tow Zone!" -- it was catchy as hell for me, very stuck in the 80's sound. This was an average-length jingle,  though.

Agrahhh you had to remind me of the, Autozone jingle.

I use to see that add so many times the.. song got stuck in my head :P

Parts! parts! parts! parts!

Some body needs to "spoof" that tv add insted it should go like this :wink:

Farts! farts! farts! farts!