Author Topic: Necro's game clears and mindless musings  (Read 3233 times)

Black Tiger

Re: Necro's game clears and mindless musings
« Reply #525 on: February 11, 2020, 03:00:50 PM »
Have you cleared Tadaima Yusha Boshuchu?

I haven't had the patience/free time to figure out and translate a bunch of of it, but it was much more interesting than I expected while kinda brute forcing my way through play sessions.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #526 on: February 11, 2020, 07:11:29 PM »
I've not played it; it looks interesting, if a bit heavy on the noodle word menu gaijin protection.  I see there's a SNES version too, but I don't know how similar they are to each other.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    152/156 titles

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #527 on: February 13, 2020, 09:19:20 PM »
Clear #107 - Hypernova Blast

More sweet homebrew fun, this time a port of a Defender style shewty on Intellivision called Novablast.  Everyone should have a copy!  :pcgs:

The Good:  kick-ass tunes, which you can shuffle through on pause; different ships to play as, though I can't tell for sure if they are physically different or just aesthetic; fast action and a good challenge, at least on higher levels or higher difficulty settings; and I've yet to sample it with friends, but there's some sort of multiplayer option.

The Bad:  no variety in the graphics or gameplay, just 200 progressively tougher levels; sometimes enemies and bullets get lost in the background due to inadequate contrast; and bombing the water walkers is iffy on hit detection.

The Ugly:  NA
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    152/156 titles