Author Topic: Turbo ever drive  (Read 488 times)

Duo_R

Re: Turbo ever drive
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2012, 04:41:54 PM »
You can still back order it at retrogate

Hmmm... Looks like Stone Age Gamer is sold out. Guess I'm waiting. :-k
Add my YouTube channel:

For sale trade list: http://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

Frank_fjs

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2012, 04:52:57 PM »
No, I meant, I thought that you can save your game state directly to the sd card, like an emulator would work.

I thought this may have been a possibility too, but I've asked about it and there is no support for it.

The card also hasn't been tested on a SGX with SGX ROMS, so if someone here wants to try that out when their card arrives and let us know if it works, that would be great.

I really want to pounce on a pre-order now, but I'm going to restrain myself and wait for the first firmware update, there are bound to be several bugs in the first revision.

MottZilla

« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2012, 05:15:21 PM »
The Turbo ED doesn't and will never support playing CD games/ISOs. It does not contain the RAM that the CD System cards do.

As stated before no HuCard games contain battery backed RAM and only one game even contains extra RAM. Populous.

The Turbo ED is not likely going to need any firmware updates. If it does you just need a JTAG programmer. But I don't think that will be very likely. Through an OS update or homebrew it should be possible to copy system save memory to and from the SD card.

The card should work on all systems, but he could only test it on a Core PCE and TG16.

Even if you buy this card, there is no reason not to continue collecting actual games. And one final note, the OS does have region patching for PCE systems to play US region games without grounding the CPU pin.  Oh and there is a small switch on the card you set for either a PCE console or TG16 console.

T2KFreeker

« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2012, 05:45:24 PM »
Oh and there is a small switch on the card you set for either a PCE console or TG16 console.

Awesome. Now that might really be interesting . . .
END OF LINE.

cabbage

« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2012, 05:47:49 PM »
Through an OS update or homebrew it should be possible to copy system save memory to and from the SD card.
It would be really wonderful if this were the case! I don't recall krikzz ever mentioning such a feature in the OS, but then again I haven't followed the everdrive boards lately. I've always longed for a way to backup save data to my PC and avoid undue losses from capacitors or batteries running out of juice, so hopefully the everdrive can help out where the other flash carts have failed.

Frank_fjs

« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2012, 06:21:42 PM »
Oh and there is a small switch on the card you set for either a PCE console or TG16 console.

Awesome. Now that might really be interesting . . .

How so?

MottZilla

« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2012, 07:35:32 PM »
He has not mentioned that he will do so (internal memory backup/restore), but he did mention he will provide information on the Turbo ED and accessing the SD card so if he does not implement the feature it is possible someone else might do it.

T2KFreeker, I'm not sure what you mean. The PCB has a small switch to remap the data lines to match PCE or TG16 pinout, it isn't really that interesting, it just means you can easily use it on either a US or JP console.