Author Topic: NEW HuCard Sleeves. Made in the USA.  (Read 10766 times)

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Re: NEW HuCard Sleeves. Made in the USA.
« Reply #45 on: December 07, 2012, 08:08:50 AM »
Gooey? What are you doing with these things?!

Two words: Wonder Momo

Two more words: Blue Crabs

Does that answer your question?  :mrgreen:
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #46 on: December 07, 2012, 08:23:33 AM »
guess you could say my momo was extra gooey
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

SeymorOnion

« Reply #47 on: December 07, 2012, 09:13:36 AM »
I bought a pack from the online store. Awesome product that's identical to originals. I got rid of all my nasty gooey  and yellowed sleeves for these nice high quality sleeves.
Thanks!
You're Welcome.  :wink:

Prolonged exposure to temperatures above 100 C (that's about 212 F) can cause soft/flexible Vinyl and Plastics to become gooey, or melt, or warp.  :shock:

The most probable place this might happen, is in a poorly ventilated attic.

sirhcman

« Reply #48 on: December 07, 2012, 09:41:54 AM »
I bought a pack from the online store. Awesome product that's identical to originals. I got rid of all my nasty gooey  and yellowed sleeves for these nice high quality sleeves.
Thanks!
The most probable place this might happen, is in a poorly ventilated attic.

or punkic's pants! :)

JohnnyPhantom

« Reply #49 on: December 10, 2012, 01:10:18 AM »
The sleeves are AWESOME!! I can't wait for the DVD cases and the CD trays to be available as well ^-^

MotherGunner

« Reply #50 on: January 26, 2014, 01:55:18 PM »
Bumping for all the new guys.  I plan to buy another box in the next few weeks!  =)
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

Trenton_net

« Reply #51 on: January 29, 2014, 02:39:52 AM »
I don't use Vinyl sleeves anymore personally since I can't stand the melting/color fading/damage to HuCards, etc. Now I use special plastic sleeves which are of collector/archive quality. That is, they are non-acidic, sized to fit, and won't transfer artwork/stickers/paint on HuCards to the sleeve.

jelloslug

« Reply #52 on: January 29, 2014, 05:43:31 AM »
I don't use Vinyl sleeves anymore personally since I can't stand the melting/color fading/damage to HuCards, etc. Now I use special plastic sleeves which are of collector/archive quality. That is, they are non-acidic, sized to fit, and won't transfer artwork/stickers/paint on HuCards to the sleeve.

Once I learned to not store my Hucards in the oven that problem went away for me.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #53 on: January 29, 2014, 05:57:35 AM »
I'm not saying it's impossible, but not one of the many hueys I own has had its labels even slightly defaced by the slip cover (originals or onion's).
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Trenton_net

« Reply #54 on: January 31, 2014, 07:09:14 AM »
I've purchased many HuCards from japan, where the sleeve is stuck to the card. Pulling the sleeve apart from the card sometimes ends up pulling some of the label with it too. So I guess I should re-phrase and say It's really more about other people not Obey'ing properly. :-) After seeing that it was possible to peel off the label, I guess I figured I might as well not take the chance.

johnnykonami

« Reply #55 on: March 07, 2014, 08:58:45 AM »
I'm totally gonna buy some of these replacement sleeves.  But as for the originals, I concur that over the years they've gotten kinda tacky/sticky.  Just from sitting!  Has anyone had any success cleaning them?  I was thinking about letting them soak in soap and water but I seem to remember doing this before without much result.

blueraven

« Reply #56 on: March 11, 2015, 09:56:08 AM »
Aaron, please sticky this thread - It's the third piece to the triforce including your cases and Sparky's stickers! :D
[Thu 10:04] <Tatsujin> hasd a pasrtty asnd a after pasrty ASDFTERTHE PARTY
[Fri 22:47] <Tatsujin> CLOSE FIGHTING STREET; CLOSE FORU; CLOSE INTERNETZ; CLOSE WORLD; CLOSE UNIVERSUM
--
Arkhan [05:15pm]: ill brbl im going to go make another free game noone plays lolol

Pcenginefx

« Reply #57 on: March 11, 2015, 10:27:46 AM »
Thread is now sticky!  The triforce is now complete!
//Aaron
Owner/Creator of PCENGINEFX.com

SeymorOnion

« Reply #58 on: March 13, 2015, 10:41:42 AM »
Thanks for stickying this thread!

Aaron, your 3D Printed cases look awesome.  8)
I don't plan to start making Injection-Molded HuCard Cases anytime soon, and will talk to you about it, before I start to get into that.
I haven't read your Making Of thread, but am assuming you've purchased an expensive 3D Printer and/or may have already printed a lot of cases, and wouldn't want to interfere with recovering the $ you've invested into that project.  :wink:

Sorry I haven't been on the forums much, and missed the development of your 3D Printed cases, as well as a lot of other developments by other members. I got a lot of catching up to do!

As for what's up at Onion HQ:
I still have well over Ten Thousand of my HuCard Sleeves in stock. Supply is not an issue. Can also make more if/when stock gets low.
My sister is still helping out with Shipping, when she's not making fanarts of MLP: FiM stuff.  :mrgreen: Website & eBay orders are filled within 24 to 72 hours.

Still working on the detached garage remodel. All that remains to be done is:
1. The drywall. Must buy more, and put it up. Also need to mud and tape the seams.
2. Installation of the air ducts, and moving the Window AC Unit to a different location. The #10-3 240v wiring is already in place.
3. Bathroom venting/exhaust system install, Bathroom Light Fixture installation, Water Heater Install, Hot & Cold potable plumbing install.

Strange work-schedule, and oddball weather, is slowing down completion of the above, making it hard to give an estimate on when I'll be finished.

Things I can do and/or finish, after switching focus back to new product development:
1. Sewer plumbing and hookup to be installed by a pro sometime in the future.
2. Toilet, Sink, and small walk-in shower installation.
3. Lowering the level of the dirt/land around the perimeter of the Detached Garage, and installation of the rest of the roof's gutter system.

Speaking of New Product development, I'm still going to wait until I finish the Detached Garage Remodel, before picking what to make next. Going to need the additional free time of not needing to work on remodeling, in order to catch up with, and research, the current state of retro gaming projects, and availability of other retro gaming products.

blueraven

« Reply #59 on: March 14, 2015, 11:51:14 AM »
Just placed an order for a 25-pack.
[Thu 10:04] <Tatsujin> hasd a pasrtty asnd a after pasrty ASDFTERTHE PARTY
[Fri 22:47] <Tatsujin> CLOSE FIGHTING STREET; CLOSE FORU; CLOSE INTERNETZ; CLOSE WORLD; CLOSE UNIVERSUM
--
Arkhan [05:15pm]: ill brbl im going to go make another free game noone plays lolol