Author Topic: PAL TurboGrafx peripheral compatibility  (Read 453 times)

DragonmasterDan

Re: PAL TurboGrafx peripheral compatibility
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2012, 10:24:34 AM »

That video was shot of a 1080p lcd that supports PAL and runs 240p games smoothly. I also tested it with my 480p projector which also runs PAL at correct speeds. My capture card won't let me record straight PAL video. It supports it, but the first time I ran it I had to choose NTSC or PAL only.

And it worked straight through the US Turbo CD dock to the monitor that supports PAL?
--DragonmasterDan

Black Tiger

« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2012, 02:32:30 PM »

That video was shot of a 1080p lcd that supports PAL and runs 240p games smoothly. I also tested it with my 480p projector which also runs PAL at correct speeds. My capture card won't let me record straight PAL video. It supports it, but the first time I ran it I had to choose NTSC or PAL only.

And it worked straight through the US Turbo CD dock to the monitor that supports PAL?

Yeah, I believe that I posted a photo at the time, but have no idea where it is now.

Basically the PAL TurboGrafx is the exact same for hookups as the TurboGrafx-16, except that in place of the RF switch port, you have a CoreGrafx/Duo style AV port... which is physically different (pins) that those other consoles. But since the EXT port is the exact same as a TG-16, you can hook everything that the TG-16 can take.

So instead of unpacking all the hookups and possibly to avoid power outlet problems, I just stuck it into my Turbo-CD IFU and used that for power and audio/video.

I also have a PAL Mega Drive that I have tested PAL-target-developed and non-PAL-target-developed games on using my PAL compatible projector. So I know that the projector runs things consistently between the different versions of games and how people in various countries reported them running. Since my lcd TV ran PAL TurboGrafx stuff the exact same as my projector, I believe that it's safe to assume that the speed of everything was fairly accurate with how a PAL TurboGrafx would run hooked to a PAL crt TV.

I was working on a feature covering everything about the PAL TurboGrafx and took photos of absolutely everything and did side by side shots of the TG and TG-16. I posted some of the pics in threads here in the past, but don't have time right now to dig them out.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

esteban

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2012, 04:18:10 AM »
I was working on a feature covering everything about the PAL TurboGrafx and took photos of absolutely everything and did side by side shots of the TG and TG-16. I posted some of the pics in threads here in the past, but don't have time right now to dig them out.

Kindly dig that up, finish it, and publish it .

|    |