Author Topic: Freebie: Gunhed Booty DVD  (Read 332 times)

roflmao

Freebie: Gunhed Booty DVD
« on: June 08, 2012, 04:30:03 PM »
Let me start off by saying this:  I've gone back and forth on this because it looks like there is a DVD version of this movie out there, but in all honesty, the movie isn't all that great.

Having said that, last year I converted my old, original VHS tape of Gunhed to DVD.  I used a Canon HV30 camcorder to make the rip, which has a very nice D/A converter built in.  However, the source material is still a nearly 20 year old VHS tape.  It's watchable, but it looks like you're watching a VHS tape. :)

This will be a DVD-R with a printed disc face inside a standard DVD case with custom made packaging (basically I scanned the VHS cover and slapped it on a DVD - nothing fancy).  Also there is a very basic DVD menu with chapter marks set at a specific interval (I don't remember off the top of my head, it's either 5 or 10 minutes).

This is the movie that the game Gunhed (aka Blazing Lazers) was a sequel to, though there really is hardly any resemblance. It's dubbed in English.

So I really liked how Black Tiger handled his free game giveaways.  There will be no set time limit on this.  Established, contributing members will have more weight than noobs (of which there have been a lot of lately; maybe the generosity of this forum is starting to catch wind).  If you're outside of the US and want in, please be willing to cover shipping. 

Anyone interested?

PunkicCyborg

Re: Freebie: Gunhed Booty DVD
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2012, 05:08:05 PM »
I looooooove crappy movies like this and my friend has been asking me to find a copy! So if this is a raffle of some sorts add me!
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

roflmao

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2012, 05:19:39 PM »
I looooooove crappy movies like this and my friend has been asking me to find a copy! So if this is a raffle of some sorts add me!

Yeah, I guess I was a little cryptic in my OP.  It's a raffle of sorts.  Since I can create the disc, I may (and probably will) offer up more than one.  I just don't know how to go about diplomatically saying that contributing members will get preferential treatment over newcomers.  It's not that I don't like that the forums are growing, or that all newbies will be automatically denied, it's just there have just been a lot of oddballs recently, and I want this to go to someone who I know will be sticking around and promoting the entertaining/informative/generous atmosphere that we currently have. ;)

TR0N

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2012, 05:49:55 PM »
I'd sign up but i all ready have the official release on dvd by adv flims  :wink: Still,what a cheesey movie "interesting part is" imdb list it as a 80's asian flick that you should watch.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0097410/
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 05:52:36 PM by TR0N »

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Father5&JoshUnion

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2012, 11:12:07 PM »
I would love to see this!

I'm in!

Nando

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2012, 03:44:40 AM »
Blast from the past! Sure count me in!

Ji-L87

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2012, 04:01:38 AM »
I enjoyed it when I watched it. But I was running a fever that time :P
The is probably the most memorable thing though, pretty good.
CHECKPOINT!
There is a perverted Japanese businessman in every Swiss PCE fan.

Bernie

• Facebook URL
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2012, 06:33:58 AM »
Why not.  Gimmie!!!  :)

SMF

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2012, 09:45:13 AM »
Sounds like a crappy type B-Movie to me. SIGN ME UP I can watch it on my 13 inch tv and feel like a kid again lol.
Welcome to Prime Time B!tch

roflmao

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2012, 03:50:49 PM »
Ok, it's been a couple months since anyone has posted so I'm going to lock the thread.  Everyone that wanted one will get one in the mail... eventually.  :)