Author Topic: Zelda: Wind waker Tech and Texture Analysis  (Read 338 times)

Nando

DragonmasterDan

Re: Zelda: Wind waker Tech and Texture Analysis
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 01:27:28 PM »
Very cool.
--DragonmasterDan

SignOfZeta

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2012, 02:16:01 PM »
I love this game to hell and back.

Bernie

• Facebook URL
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2012, 03:32:05 PM »
Yep.  A lot of people hated on the graphics,  but damn I love this game. 

TheClash603

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2012, 03:34:54 PM »
My second favorite Zelda game.  Those textures are just awesome.

RegalSin

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2012, 04:11:07 AM »
This game was good until the part where you revisited/rehashed SNES Zelda world, They even integrated the pirates, and the Game boy color games. The graphics was grand but it could have been more. I loved it so much I got the original game ( despite the lack of fonts ).

I love pirate Ganon ( which is simular to pirate Willy MMLegends ).
Then they killed that, when it became clear, Ganon was Oriental and hated Cletics ( or some negative nonsense like that ). They just made him another mad Arabic Sinbad type character. Where the final battle scene was more or less the same exact fight scene from OOT. Then we get a boring generic bubble ending. Ganon did not envy Hyrule. Ganon wanted to rule the world, with the Triforce, and nothing more. What kind of logic is that, man from the desert, born into a amazon tribe seeks to rule grass land with black magic

Zelda 64 was the best, and they made logic sense of everything without damaging the world. From there it was downhill into oblivion.
Then to ruin this game Nintendo changed the desert shield to golden sheild. ooooohhheee gooldddd and it has the triforce on it. They added green blood. Turn it into a halloween special.

Don't even get me started on that creepy doll fairy, holding itself in it's hand.

xelement5x

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2012, 06:50:17 AM »
Yeah!  I'm glad people are enjoying Wind Waker a lot more now than when it first came, a lot of folks were really critical of the art style on release.  Oh, and the soundtrack rocks balls.
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

HercTNT

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2012, 05:13:55 PM »
i am in between. the graphics were very good, however i felt that the game was not very zelda like. keep in mind i grew up on the original and beat it every way possible. its not that i think that windwaker is a bad game, its just that i have a hard time identifing with it as much as the younger generation. 

geise

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2012, 01:33:24 PM »
At least Link didn't look like he was taken from Captain N the Game Master.  I never had a problem with the style, and in fact loved it!  The animation was increadible.  I'd say even better than in the Wii games.

BTW Nando awesome thread.  Mighty fine textures indead.  I believe 10 years old now.

RegalSin

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2012, 12:53:27 AM »
Captain N, the game master Link is the only Link.Zelda OOT did a great job of link, along with kid link, imagine the Comic book link being in 3d. ( Captain N Link )... I just wished they gave him, his orange brown tights, and brownish orange hair, instead they made him stark blonde, It seems like every Nintendo character has gotten  blonder, and blonder over the year. They even took away his trade mark nose.

Nando

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2012, 04:51:47 AM »
At least Link didn't look like he was taken from Captain N the Game Master.  I never had a problem with the style, and in fact loved it!  The animation was increadible.  I'd say even better than in the Wii games.

BTW Nando awesome thread.  Mighty fine textures indead.  I believe 10 years old now.

It's a truly pretty game, from what little i have seen and played and MAN yes those textures are awesome. On the PS2 side I think Square took the cake on that one with FFX, their textures made those low res polys really standout. Anyway, always gotta give it to Nintendo for their high production values on their titles. 

I hope that as my kiddos get older I'll have more time to play RPG's again ;)

geise

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2012, 05:41:35 AM »
Man there's no way in hell I'll ever have the time to sit through a game like that again.  BTW Nando do you have a Sketchbook portfolio on polycount?

futureman2000

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2012, 06:10:24 AM »
I liked the art style, they really nailed it. The thing I didn't like was the randomly (seemingly?) generated dungeons that you would find on your boat. I guess most of the boat stuff felt like filler to me. But aside from that, it was badass.
Take off yer flip flops and set up the tripod: it's bag kickin' time!

Nando

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2012, 07:23:46 AM »
Man there's no way in hell I'll ever have the time to sit through a game like that again.  BTW Nando do you have a Sketchbook portfolio on polycount?

It would take me years before being able to finish a RPG today. lol, as for the sketchbook, I know I created one years ago, but that account probably got deleted. I don't even know where my 3D stuff is at anymore.  Do you have one?