Author Topic: Need a repair guy for a PCE Duo R.  (Read 362 times)

Bardoly

Need a repair guy for a PCE Duo R.
« on: August 06, 2012, 09:25:31 AM »
I'm wanting to get a PCE Duo R, so that I can play Turbo CD games and Japanese HuCard games.  I just missed out on the Duo R that Bernie was selling, but I came across this partially working one on eBay for what seems to be a reasonable price.  http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEC-PC-Engine-Turbo-DUO-R-US-SELLER-/120964061124?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c2a0517c4#ht_500wt_1414

The seller claims that the cd side spins but doesn't read, but that the HuCard side works fine.  If someone here can repair it and we could work the details out, then I'd be interested in working something out where the seller could ship it to the repair guy, and then the repair guy ship it to me, so as to save on shipping to me then to the repair guy, then back to me.  (I live near Chicago, so if a repair guy lives in the area, then I could probably work out local pickup as well.)  I figured that $183 shipped for a complete Duo R unit w/ 1 controller + repairs and shipping from repair guy would come in under $250, which is where I need to be, but if someone

Anyway, let me know if one of you repair guys would be interested in helping me out.  (If anyone needs more info on me, I'm a member of Nintendo Age under the same user name with good feedback.)

HercTNT

Re: Need a repair guy for a PCE Duo R.
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2012, 10:09:07 AM »
Bardoly we have a ton of great guys here capable of helping you. You need to fire them off a pm. I just had thesteve repair a duo for my sister with the same problem. Other people you can pm are:

Keith courage
Apolloboy
bluebmw
duo-r

All are respected members of the community.

jperryss

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2012, 11:37:00 AM »
If you do end up going this route, and are ever planning on having it region-modded, having it done while being repaired might not be a bad idea.

HercTNT

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 04:08:55 AM »
good point jerryss.  thesteve and BluBMW have switchless region mods. I have one in my gt and it works fantastic.

Drakon

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2012, 05:36:03 AM »
Out of curiosity is the region mod needed for cd games or hucard only?
http://16bitgamer.forumotion.ca/

NightWolve: "I'd say ole XGay fears another relapse, hence the need for strong, daily hetero reinforcement on his desktop. ;)"

Jibbajaba: "The problem with trying to flame Regal is that it's like trying to gut-punch a really fat person."

HercTNT

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2012, 05:46:17 AM »
hucard, cd games are region free

turbokon

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2012, 06:04:53 AM »
I also works on duo's.

Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

HercTNT

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2012, 07:31:28 AM »
crap, sorry turbokon, i keep forgetting your name. Next time i'm swinging my pom poms around i will do better.

turbokon

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2012, 07:47:01 AM »
It's all good in the hood;)
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

HercTNT

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2012, 08:15:25 AM »
I knew I was missing someone. we should have a thread were all the current modders/repair guys have their names and services listed.