Author Topic: Unusual PCE GT Video Issue  (Read 154 times)

RetroRepair

Unusual PCE GT Video Issue
« on: August 17, 2012, 08:44:16 AM »
Hey guys

So I bought a couple of PCE gts on eBay non working but at the price, worth a gamble.

Well these were not in great shape internally, the caps really did a number on one of them and the connectors etc on both were questionable. Both have had repair attempts before (not the best either IMHO).

That said, both actually work ok and you can hear the game playing etc. the screen does nothing though. The back light is on but you don't get anything on the screen at all (save a few dead pixels). Both have the same issue.

I have replaced every cap on the board on both. I repaired a trace or two that were ripped off the board. Checked continuity to the screen on the ribbon cable, seems fine. Checked the connector on the pcegt motherboard for video, tested ok.

At this point I need some help I think. I guess there's a chance it's the LCD I'm using to test with, but it just seems unlikely to me. That said, it also seems unlikely that two motherboard have the same issue which I have not seen anywhere online.

So does anyone have an idea where I should look next? Its killing me hearing space harrier and not being able to play it!