Author Topic: Ys IV: The Dawn of Ys English Dub Patch Released!  (Read 14810 times)

Burnt Lasagna

Ys IV: The Dawn of Ys English Dub Patch Released!
« on: September 24, 2012, 11:14:19 AM »
Ys IV: The Dawn of Ys English Dub Patch v1.1

Art By My BRO!!!!! (Timothy G.) 

(Wallpapers 1920x1080)
Wallpaper 1 Wallpaper 2 Wallpaper 3

Finally! After 8 years, the Ys IV English dub patch is now complete and ready for your TurboGrafx-CD!

-Intro-
This is v1.1 of the Ys IV: The Dawn of Ys English Dub Patch. This patch will dub over everything into English. It requires that you apply it to an ISO/WAV/CUE archive of Ys IV; one that's preferably patched with NightWolve's text translation.

-How to apply the patch-
Place your ISO/WAV/CUE archive, that you should of ripped from TurboRip, (Included with this patch) and place the files in the root of the “Patch” folder.
Start the “Patcher.cmd” to start patching the game. If all goes well you should be greeted with a nice "The patching process is complete!" message.
A backup of the original Japanese tracks will be placed in a new folder called “backup”.

If you only have access to a BIN/CUE  rip of Ys IV then please mount it to a virtual drive and rip it to ISO/WAV/CUE using the included TurboRip.

~Note for users with {HCD3051-5-1116-R1P} rips~
There are two different versions of YsIV, version {HCD3051-4-1108-R1F} and {HCD3051-5-1116-R1P}. Both versions are essentially identical; however there are a few extra sectors in some of the audio tracks in version {HCD3051-5-1116-R1P}. This dub was built around {HCD3051-4-1108-R1F} since that is the version I own. When patching the opposite version the TOC will be messed up after patching. This shouldn’t affect the game when being emulated, but it will no longer be recognized as Ys IV. To fix this use the included TocFixer to fix the games TOC.

Readme

Ys IV Dub Patch v1.1 (105 MB)

Ys IV Text Patch v.95 (442 KB)

(Screens)

Cast

~MALE~

Eldeel - Michael Hillard

Lefance - SkyeWelse

Garuda - Lawrence "MasakoX" Simpson

Grandfather Jeff - Michael Hillard

Leo - Jess Ragan

Duren - SonicShadows

Arem - DanteWahou

Goban Tovah - DanteWahou

Gadis - Jess Ragan

Lemnos
- Jess Ragan

Ramess - TetsuyaHikari

Slano
- SonicShadows

Schultz - SonicShadows

Talim - Duo_R

Rady
- TetsuyaHikari

Miyu
- SonicShadows

Enzo - Nitro

Keith Fact
- Nitro

Dr. Flair
- ParanoiaDragon

Narrator - ParanoiaDragon 

Dogi - Chris Adams

Soldier B - Collin Pierce (Arjak)

~FEMALE~

Lillia - Bassplayerbabe

Leeza
- Mizura

Karna
- Mizura

Bami
- deadlyrose7717

Tim
- Dashe Troxon

Lair - Haushinka

Feena - Dawn "Usamimi" Huestis

Torie - Dawn "Usamimi" Huestis

Aria - Dashe Troxon

Mother - Dawn "Usamimi" Huestis

Patch Credits

Director – Michael G. (Burnt Lasagna)
Directed this dub project from start to finish and did all the voice directing/syncing/mixing/ect.

Programming/Tech Support – Nicolas Livaditis (NightWolve)
Made the text patch back in 2004 and found all the ADPCM addresses as well as make a new audio dumper/inserter for the project using SOX. Also helped by answering any technical question I had along the way.

In-Game Textual Translation - Shimarisu

Speech Translator – Deuce

-Regarding Repro Selling
I'm very much against repros!
This project was strictly an act a fandom and I do not want that to be misconstrued by the powers at be. I didn't start this project expecting to make any money out of it, nor do I want to. It was made in order to give English speaking fans of the series a method for playing the game in their native language. Nothing more. Not a physical item that you can put on your shelf, just a free file to apply to your game so you can understand it. You shouldn't expect anything else. 

Ys IV: The Dawn of Ys is still very much being sold today on the Japanese PSN and you can even easily import it, since the PS3 is not region locked. Which I recommend for those of you who have not bought it,
http://www.jp.playstation.com/software/title/jp0555npjj30040_00ys4000000000js40.html

I’m fine with people making their own mockup case/manual that you print out yourself, just please no pressed disks/repro selling!

That is my stance on the matter, please respect it and enjoy the patch on either a CDR or your emulator of choice.

- Michael G. (Burnt Lasagna)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 03:50:27 PM by Burnt Lasagna »
http://burntprojects.wordpress.com/
What Button Do You Press To Jump!?!

Arjak

Re: Ys IV: The Dawn of Ys English Dub Patch Released!
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 11:17:32 AM »
It almost makes me forget that this hat is crushing my skull.

-The Pope (according to Extra Life)
He who dings the Gunhed must PAAAAY!!! -Ninja Spirit

Mishran

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 11:18:10 AM »
Cool shit! Downloading! :dance:

Thanks for the effort put into this by everyone involved and congrats with the release! :clap:

Burnt Lasagna

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2012, 11:19:06 AM »
Trailer has been added to the main topic!
EDIT: Okay, for real this time!
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 11:22:21 AM by Burnt Lasagna »

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2012, 11:19:40 AM »
Woooooot!  I can't wait to play this mo-fo!  :dance:

Thanks a million to Burnt Lasagna, Nightwolve, and everyone else involved.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Sadler

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2012, 11:54:33 AM »
Hell yes! Thanks so much! :D

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2012, 01:01:39 PM »
*and there was much rejoicing*

I'm looking forward to the narrator, I hope it looks & sounds as good as I wanted it to be.....if that makes any sense :lol:

Arjak

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2012, 01:13:53 PM »
The Ys IV text patch doesn't work on Windows 7... ](*,)

Burnt Lasagna

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2012, 01:36:42 PM »
The Ys IV text patch doesn't work on Windows 7... ](*,)
I have Windows 7 and it works for me. I'm assuming the dub patch applied smoothly?
For a work around download PPF-O-Matic here,
http://www.romhacking.net/utilities/356/
and apply the YsIV-ISO.ppf to track02.iso manually.

Hope that helps!

esteban

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2012, 02:13:45 PM »
This is a wonderful day

|    | 

Arjak

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2012, 04:41:12 PM »
I got the patches working, and I've burned a CD to play on my actual PC Engine. This is outstanding work! Definitely feels like a decent '90s dub! I feel so proud to have played even a small part in the epic story in the creation of it! Thank you so much for everything, BL! Your name will be in Ys fans' hearts forever! :clap:

Keranu

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2012, 05:19:38 PM »
This is a wonderful day

I told my mom today was the best day of my life because of this!

Still figuring out how to get this patch to work in the mean time.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Arjak

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2012, 05:22:08 PM »
I had an issue where I needed to download a DLL file into the patching directory to get it to work.

What happens when you try to patch the game?

NightWolve

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2012, 06:05:16 PM »
Darm Opening Battle Dubbed!!! This kickass dub was created in the first attempt in 2004 with Justus.

FYI, the ReadMe is now view-able from the server link in the 1st post with Google Chrome. Just fixed it; looks like it was wrongly converted to Unicode (hence twice as big) but without the 2 byte header needed and quotes were inlined as single characters which show up as funky ones when viewed in Chrome. I used two HTML capable editors to fix it. Mike would have to recreate/reupload the Zip file to fix this for other Chrome users unfortunately, but no rush I guess...

EDIT: It appears if you use IE8 or Firefox, they will compensate for the bad Unicode conversion, so I guess that's why nobody but me noticed the problem.

I'm looking forward to the narrator, I hope it looks & sounds as good as I wanted it to be.....if that makes any sense :lol:

PD, I can't believe you didn't have more to say in the ReadMe - You've been around since day one of this attempt, I figured you would've been good for a "retrospective" a bit longer than a sentence or two. ;)

I had an issue where I needed to download a DLL file into the patching directory to get it to work.

What happens when you try to patch the game?

Yeah, can you guys tell me exactly what went wrong in both your cases? What DLL, the ASPI one ?

FYI, I threw in a little bit of history in the ReadMe. I found my Ys IV:DOY receipt from TurboZoneDirect, dated December 6, 1996! Click attachment below.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2013, 02:42:19 AM by NightWolve »

Keranu

« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2012, 06:10:52 PM »
I put my rip (with Nightwolve's translated patch applied) in the Patch folder as the text file indicates. When I run Patcher.cmd and press a key, it says "Checking ISO integrity... File Not Found" and then goes on to unpacking the APE files. Then after awhile it stops and says "Cannot auto detect audio track file names! you will have to manually copy the audio tracks over from the 'patch' folder. Press any key to continue with ISO patching" . I click a key again and a bunch of lines saying "Error: Cannot open '02 Ys IV - The Dawn of Ys (HCD3051-5-1116-R1P)(J).iso' : The system cannot find the file specified." and afterwards says "The patching process is complete!"

I've tried moving the wavs from the patch folder into my Ys IV rip folder and renaming the files to match the rest of the them but I get the same problem. My rip is also the HCD3051-4-1108-R1F version that the readme recommends, so why would Patcher.cmd be looking for the other version?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 06:13:22 PM by Keranu »
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).