Author Topic: Duo R for sale  (Read 472 times)

FiftyQuid

Re: Duo R for sale
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2012, 04:08:10 PM »
Sorry to derail this tpivette!  I was just curious! 

Duo R 4 Sale everyone!!!!!!!
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

tpivette

« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2012, 04:56:18 PM »
No problem... I'm actually gonna put this sale on hold for a few days while I try to whiten both the controller and the console. While the console isn't yellow at all, it also isn't blindingly white... which is what everyone seems to want out of these Duo Rs.

Hoping for good results, stay tuned
Original owner of a TG-16 since 1989!

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f
Wii U - Monster Hunter 3 Ulltimate

Keith Courage

« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2012, 05:54:09 PM »
The controller will whiten with bleach. The system will not. You would have to use an alternate method.

FiftyQuid

« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2012, 06:03:34 PM »
Has anyone tried that tooth whitening shit?  Rembrant or something like that?  It whitens enamel so it has to be able to white a Duo.
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

tpivette

« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2012, 06:20:08 PM »
The controller will whiten with bleach. The system will not. You would have to use an alternate method.
Not going to use bleach on either. HercTNT just posted a method in the repair/mod section that he came up with that I'm going to test in the next few days

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f

Trenton_net

« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2012, 08:36:15 AM »
Hrm... Perhaps you could just send me the images. I'm not concerned about the controller, and just care about the system. If the unit is white enough, you won't even need to do anything. Though, I'm not sure how white these systems start off even to begin with.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 08:38:57 AM by Trenton_net »

SignOfZeta

« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2012, 08:51:23 AM »
You're never going to get a Duo R to be as white as, say, an OG PC Engine. They never were that white in the first place.

tpivette

« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2012, 09:10:20 AM »
Glad you mentioned that, as I was thinking the Duo R isn't as white as a original PC Engine and got worried. Still, I think I want to brighten everything up a bit just in case as I don't want anyone to be disappointed when it arrives

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f

Trenton_net

« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2012, 09:16:03 AM »
Again, would you mind just sending the images of the console to me? :-)  I'd rather you not whiten anything if I'm going to make a purchase. However, if your still dead set on whitening everything, that's fine. I wish you the best in your sale!

PS: In case anyone is wondering, whitening plastic using Retro-Bright or other chemicals makes the plastic more brittle and weakens it's structure. In addition, it doesn't prevent the plastic from yellowing again. I'd strongly recommend against it unless absolutely necessary.  The controller could use some touch ups, but the console looks just fine (Unless the low-res images from one angle was overstated due to the flash.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 09:22:41 AM by Trenton_net »

tpivette

« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2012, 10:17:36 AM »
I don't have a high resolution camera at my disposal. I can only take photos from my Samsung Galaxy S cellphone. Also, the lighting isn't the greatest in my house for taking definitive, quality photos. So, even if I had time to take some additional pictures (which I do not... my sister is getting married today and I'm actually posting this from my phone at her recepion), I don't believe there going to be of the caliber you're seeking. I thought I would've had tme yesterday, but the wedding preperations and rehersal dinner took up most of the day.

So if you can wait a day or two, and don't mind cellphone pictures in subpar lighting, I can send them to you. I'll hold off on the whitening until I receive a response from you.

BTW, I wasn't going to use retrobright... just a mild solution of peroxide and dishsoap. Don't know if that makes a difference or not

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f

Trenton_net

« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2012, 10:41:14 AM »
Hey,

Gee wiz, You should have said there was a wedding! Ok, send me a PM once all the craziness settles down and we can work it out. I'm sure everything will be fine. :-)

Cheers,

« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 10:48:12 AM by Trenton_net »

tpivette

« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2012, 11:41:51 AM »
bump for new photos

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f

broken