Author Topic: Retro Gaming Convention in Portland Oregon thoughts....  (Read 434 times)

TR0N

Re: Retro Gaming Convention in Portland Oregon thoughts....
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2012, 08:18:57 PM »
Did any one get to meet from the guys from the allgengamers podcast ?

They were there and did a panel.

The only guys I like from AGG are Metal Jesus and Drunken Master Paul, because I watch their show on YouTube.  And even then, I would have no interest in going to a panel discussion featuring them.  If I ran into them on the show floor or at the after party, I would have tried to chat it up with them, but that's about it.

How you go from David Crane and Gary Kitchen to the guys from All Gen Gamers is beyond me.

Chris

I listen to the agg podcast but far as videos go's i just watch mjr mostly,since i subscribe to his channel.MJR i like his style of reviews not mention how he mixes it up between consoles&pc.I was just asking because i wouldn't mind meeting mjr or gamester81.Gamester81 is a owner of a (neo-geo) as well and i do enjoy listening to the agg podcast.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

jeffhlewis

« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2012, 05:56:06 AM »

The only guys I like from AGG are Metal Jesus and Drunken Master Paul, because I watch their show on YouTube.  And even then, I would have no interest in going to a panel discussion featuring them.  If I ran into them on the show floor or at the after party, I would have tried to chat it up with them, but that's about it.

How you go from David Crane and Gary Kitchen to the guys from All Gen Gamers is beyond me.

Chris

I listen to the agg podcast but far as videos go's i just watch mjr mostly,since i subscribe to his channel.MJR i like his style of reviews not mention how he mixes it up between consoles&pc.I was just asking because i wouldn't mind meeting mjr or gamester81.Gamester81 is a owner of a (neo-geo) as well and i do enjoy listening to the agg podcast.

I used to listen to AGG but after Happy Console Gamer left the show it just kind of died for me - he was kind of the lifeblood of that crew.

It's still an entertaining show, though it lacks the polish and pacing of a retronauts or insert credit podcast.

Jibbajaba

« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2012, 11:03:08 AM »
I don't know why, but I have a really low tolerance level for amateurish podcasts.  I used to love "A Life Well Wasted" and "Twitch Asylum", but they're both gone.  I also used to listen to Chatterbox but I just got bored with it.  I tried listening to Retro League or whatever it's called, but it was just awful.  I created one episode of a podcast with my buddy, and I spend so much time in "post production" editing out all of his lip smacks, tongue clicks, etc. that I knew I didn't have the patience for podcasting at the level of quality that I demand out of others' work.  Same goes for YouTube videos.  It would be fin to start making them, but unless I put the time and effort into making them look as polished as people like Metal Jesus or that Sp1da or whoever guy that does the excellent "Turboviews" show, I wouldn't be happy with them, and I just don't have the time or motivation for that.

Chris

TR0N

« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2012, 06:32:08 PM »

Chris

I used to listen to AGG but after Happy Console Gamer left the show it just kind of died for me - he was kind of the lifeblood of that crew.

It's still an entertaining show, though it lacks the polish and pacing of a retronauts or insert credit podcast.

Yeah when the happyconsolegamer left to take a break because of the movie and his up and coming marriage,it did feel kind of empty with out him.Still i thought mjr did a good job of filling in for him.Maybe when the hcg has that free time again he will come back.

On the next agg podcast he's coming back for a guest spot.
By the way the hcg movie is finished now and out.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

FiftyQuid

« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2012, 03:48:07 AM »
I didn't find the guy who was trying to sell Cotton for 500 bucks but there was a vendor who wouldn't budge at all on a boxed New Adventure Island. The guy wanted 100 bucks firm on it. No trades or nothing. It was still there when I left at 5:00 when the convention closed.
I hope he went home with it.  People are such dumbasses.  $100 for CIB NAI and he wouldn't haggle?  These conventions are meant for haggling.  Retailers GTFO.  As if he wouldn't even come down $10.  He had to hold on to his bullshit $100 price tag even if it meant he went home with it after getting offers of $75 and $80?   God people are stupid.  It makes me wanna throw up.

Sounds like there were some decent deals a midst the bullshit.
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.