Author Topic: So there's this Dino Force alpha version...  (Read 7434 times)

shubibiman

Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

ccovell

Re: So there's this Dino Force alpha version...
« Reply #181 on: July 06, 2014, 12:50:21 AM »
He's selling a ROM image only....   robbery!

Tatsujin

« Reply #182 on: July 06, 2014, 01:19:44 AM »
~私自身の入手経路~ 昔のプログラマチームメンバーのパソコンからでコピーした、CD-Rです。
he himself took the copy of an old PC from a former  programmer team member and put it on a cd-r = 2000 bucks worth!! :lol:

and in the form he's selling it, it won't even work on a real hardware but in an emulator.
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

Bardoly

« Reply #183 on: July 06, 2014, 04:35:31 AM »
If a 'good' copy which could be 'pressed' could be aquired, then I and probably several others on this forum would be willing to donate towards a group buy.

Black Tiger

« Reply #184 on: July 06, 2014, 04:59:12 AM »
I'd be willing to chip in just to get the rom out there. But I doubt you could get confirmation beforehand that it's a proper PCE rom that works on flashcarts.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Tatsujin

« Reply #185 on: July 06, 2014, 01:05:54 PM »
as he states in his auction, it would have to be modified to run on actual hardware right of the batch. but that is regarded the CR-R iso. it might work if put on an actual flash rom, as the rom also seem to run in an emulator.

but even if not, i'm certain that most of our dev peeps here could convert this into a playable rom in no time.
would be even nice as an obeybrew huey release.

I guess soon or later the rom will appear somewhere in the net anyway. hopefully.
www.pcedaisakusen.net

Bardoly

« Reply #186 on: July 07, 2014, 02:37:50 AM »
Maybe one of our people in Japan (Tatsujin, maybe you or SuperDeadite or someone) could inquire about it?

MrBroadway

« Reply #187 on: July 07, 2014, 03:13:43 AM »
but even if not, i'm certain that most of our dev peeps here could convert this into a playable rom in no time.
I'd buy that in a heartbeat.

toktogul

« Reply #188 on: July 07, 2014, 02:42:44 PM »
Thats very cool.  One day left, if you raise the money I can pick it up for you guys. It should come back right away if it doesn't sell, so we still have time to all pitch in some money

Black Tiger

« Reply #189 on: July 07, 2014, 03:48:00 PM »
as he states in his auction, it would have to be modified to run on actual hardware right of the batch. but that is regarded the CR-R iso. it might work if put on an actual flash rom, as the rom also seem to run in an emulator.

I guess soon or later the rom will appear somewhere in the net anyway. hopefully.

I just hope that it is the real PC Engine game and not an approximation whipped up by someone to make a quick buck.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Tatsujin

« Reply #190 on: July 07, 2014, 04:15:50 PM »

I just hope that it is the real PC Engine game and not an approximation whipped up by someone to make a quick buck.
as he states in his very auction, this is a raw rom directly drag 'n' drop from a developers PC from the former developement team at UNI Post to a CD-R, and is fully playable to the very end.
I guess as it was originally planned to be a hucard game, it seems that it is missing all the boot information/header etc. to run like that on a real hardware directly of a CD-R.
www.pcedaisakusen.net

Mathius

« Reply #191 on: July 07, 2014, 04:30:58 PM »
It scares me more that some hoarding Japanese/European collector will get his mitts on this and it will never see the light of day. If we all (and I mean ALL PCFXers who care enough) pool our money in I'd say the gamble is worth it. I couldn't offer much but I would be willing to chip in a little for the cause. The more of us that help the less each would have to donate.
F@ck Ebay Club member since 2010
Switch Friend Code: SW-2346-3388-5406

Bardoly

« Reply #192 on: July 07, 2014, 06:20:13 PM »
So, is this a Buy it now listing or an auction?

Also, what kind of buyer protection does yahoo Japan have?  I mean if someone purchased this and then couldn't get anything to work, then what recourse would a buyer have?

Also, didn't some forum guys (like Beemer) just do a group purchase of Illumination Laser?  Maybe the same team would be willing to coordinate a group buy for this?

imparanoic

« Reply #193 on: July 08, 2014, 02:38:26 PM »
So, is this a Buy it now listing or an auction?

Also, what kind of buyer protection does yahoo Japan have?  I mean if someone purchased this and then couldn't get anything to work, then what recourse would a buyer have?

Also, didn't some forum guys (like Beemer) just do a group purchase of Illumination Laser?  Maybe the same team would be willing to coordinate a group buy for this?

based on yahoo auction hong kong, presume japan similar. little guarantee or even remote chance of money refund, only if the item is classed as counterfeit or dangerous will yahoo do anything,  unlike ebay which has high levels of consumer protection, the plus side, that the fees for the seller is much much lower, average ebay fees is in region of 10-12% ( same as sotherbys and christies, but different market), but yahoo auction is only 1-2%

Keith Courage

« Reply #194 on: July 09, 2014, 08:31:54 PM »
Even if it is a real game it's a complete waste of money. $1,970 US dollars? F that!