Author Topic: HuCoin - getting into Crypto?  (Read 969 times)

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
HuCoin - getting into Crypto?
« on: May 05, 2021, 12:06:28 PM »
Hi guys,

I'm not ashamed to admit I've gotten caught up in the hype of crypto buy/sell/trade... Well- maybe I am a little ashamed- lol.  I have three apps (including PayPal) that I started checking daily and bouncing money around for fun.

Any obeyers here checking out the market? Getting into it? Making money? Tips?

What do you think the possibility of our community coming together to mine ( or start? ) our own crypto?  I think HuCoin would be amazing! <3

In January PayPal sent me a message as I logged into the app to check my account about the availability of putting money in bitcoin. So I figured why not, I put $20 into it, and a week later it gained a few dollars. Every couple weeks I'd look into it and pass a couple dollars into one or two of the few crypto currencies available and it's continuing to grow. (Bitcoin cash is going nuts right now as I've doubled the money I've put into it over the last month!)

This of course became a gateway drug for me, as the few dollars a week I was putting into it eventually became hundreds of dollars, and a few friends recommended apps like Coinbase and Binance, which I did similar strategies with. Starting with $50-$100 or less and just playing around with it.  And I'm really stoked to see this growing and growing, but will I lose my ass on this in the end? Will it all come crashing down? Should I care since I believe my entire investment from my actual funds was just under $300 total anyway? 

Best case scenario for me - Millions of dollhairs- lol But more likely, a nice little nugget to save for Xmas
Worst case scenario for me - a little experiment that I got caught up in and lost a few hundred dollars... :(

What say you?

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Re: HuCoin - getting into Crypto?
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2021, 12:46:00 AM »
I've invested all my money in hookers and blow.....
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

majors

• Have cabs, will travel
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2021, 08:33:24 AM »
I'm with Necro...my $ goes to YAJ for flips :)

My boss is always talking about crypto and how I should too b/c I'm "so smart". My excuse is because I'm smart, I don't. But I really think I just don't have time to learn and watch the market. It took me 5 years to finally move my IRA $ out of money market to EFT's...at least there it's buy and wait, no analyzing markets and keeping up on trends.

If Josh does win big, I expect him to throw a big obey keg party and invite us all!
PCE Daisakusen RIP - "Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)
"The dumb are mostly intrigued by the drum"

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2021, 05:51:40 PM »
Similar here.  I'm too much of a nervous nelly and would probably give myself an ulcer watching the prices flop around like a drunken walrus.   :icon_cat_derpy:
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2021, 02:22:25 PM »
Similar here.  I'm too much of a nervous nelly and would probably give myself an ulcer watching the prices flop around like a drunken walrus.   :icon_cat_derpy:

It's so true, and thanks to Elon Musk, most of Crypto has taken a dive lately. It's the first time I've lost significant amounts since I started dabbling with it.  Hopefully it recovers and we're back in the black. lol

It's super volatile and one minute I'm gaining 10% and the next I'm down 30%... Meh, at least it's not money I'm depending on for anything.... thus begins my gambling habits, haha

Punch

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2021, 12:35:48 PM »
Someone should legitimately create an actual HuCoin crypto. Why not?

Put some NFTs on teh hueys for reaching the collectard market :adol:

roflmao

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2021, 11:40:47 PM »

Best case scenario for me - Millions of dollhairs- lol But more likely, a nice little nugget to save for Xmas
Worst case scenario for me - a little experiment that I got caught up in and lost a few hundred dollars... :(

What say you?

When I first moved out to Kansas City about 8 years ago, I made friends with some folks who were trying to go in on a mining rig. Man, I wish we jumped on it then.

Recently, I joined up with Nicehash and use my video card's Cuda cores to mine when I'm not gaming (or logging in remotely to my office computer). It only makes about a dollar a day, but the computer is on 24/7 anyway, so why not?

xelement5x

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2021, 10:02:53 PM »
Personally I consider crypto still a bit too wild west for me.  Maybe I'll miss out on the big gains but I'm also worried about what the tax liabilities for something like this will be in the future as well.

However, if you make a HuCoin jash I will definitely buy some.  I think the logo should be the Hudson bee though :P
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2021, 10:24:49 PM »

What say you?

When I first moved out to Kansas City about 8 years ago, I made friends with some folks who were trying to go in on a mining rig. Man, I wish we jumped on it then.

Recently, I joined up with Nicehash and use my video card's Cuda cores to mine when I'm not gaming (or logging in remotely to my office computer). It only makes about a dollar a day, but the computer is on 24/7 anyway, so why not?

I would love to hear more about how to mine our own, and what the hell- maybe if we get enough contributors we should start HuCoin, lol.  I think the name sounds badass and it could make us rich!

Also, also- holy shit I've lost about 50% of all that I had gained in April, lol.... ugh- crypto sucks

Gentlegamer

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2021, 02:22:47 PM »

xelement5x

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2021, 06:05:32 PM »

Lol a friend sent me this clip earlier when we were talking about the insanity that is AMC right now.
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story