Author Topic: What are YOU watching on YouTube.com?  (Read 103547 times)

Joe Redifer

Re: What are YOU watching on YouTube.com?
« Reply #330 on: February 14, 2007, 09:57:59 PM »
Segagaga is a weird Japanese game for the Dreamcast where you must save Sega (and the entire world).  Here is the video of the final boss fight which completely kicks all sorts of ass.

-

-

Simply way too awesome.  Sounds like Sega hired TechnoSoft to do that awesome boss music as well.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #331 on: February 15, 2007, 04:10:41 AM »
Segagaga is a weird Japanese game for the Dreamcast where you must save Sega (and the entire world).  Here is the video of the final boss fight which completely kicks all sorts of ass.

-

-

Simply way too awesome.  Sounds like Sega hired TechnoSoft to do that awesome boss music as well.

Wow, that looks like one wierd ass game.  Pretty cool how the new console would 'eat' the old console after it was defeated.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

td741

« Reply #332 on: February 15, 2007, 05:27:47 AM »
Umm... Okay...

First some background: This is a segment taken from a show called "Infoman".  "Infoman" is a weekly news-satire, a bit like a quebec version of daily show (except interviews and segments are generally out in the field.)  It's in French.

Anyway, this is his seventh and possibly final season (due to funding changes for independent productions).  He interviewed one of the people that helped him get his start.  In the interview he asks his guest "What can I do for you as thanks for launching my carreer".  The guest replies that he wants to do a parody for an add for a easy-listening station. 

The full clip is here (including interview):

Just load the cache up and then skip to the following...

Here's the original ad: 00:43
Two parodies follow here: 01:14

Black Tiger

« Reply #333 on: February 15, 2007, 07:03:13 AM »
Umm... Okay...

First some background: This is a segment taken from a show called "Infoman".  "Infoman" is a weekly news-satire, a bit like a quebec version of daily show (except interviews and segments are generally out in the field.)  It's in French.

Anyway, this is his seventh and possibly final season (due to funding changes for independent productions).  He interviewed one of the people that helped him get his start.  In the interview he asks his guest "What can I do for you as thanks for launching my carreer".  The guest replies that he wants to do a parody for an add for a easy-listening station. 

The full clip is here (including interview):

Just load the cache up and then skip to the following...

Here's the original ad: 00:43
Two parodies follow here: 01:14

Although its not on YouTube, your post reminded me of a show I happened upon a couple times recently.

Its a Quebec adaptation of The Office-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Job

My girlfriend and I both aren't fluent enough to understand a french language show word for word, but that just made this show all the more hilarious since we've watch the BBC series a couple times.  :P
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

esteban

« Reply #334 on: February 15, 2007, 08:44:48 AM »
My girlfriend and I both aren't fluent enough to understand a french language show word for word, but that just made this show all the more hilarious since we've watch the BBC series a couple times.  :P
I saw the Xmas specials for the BBC series finally! Just prior to Xmas 2006, in fact, so it was a nice treat :). BBC America only aired two seasons and we didn't even know about the special until a friend of ours told us (he's from England).

As far as french pop culture goes, though.... well, the only french program I watched regularly was an awesome show on one of the local (New York / Long Island) PBS stations that consisted entirely of music videos. This was late 80's / early 90's and the videos were insanely ridiculous. My brothers and I never knew if they were super-popular artists, but we had a hard time believing they were. It didn't matter, though, since a lot of the videos were really creative (compared to the standards MTV stuff).

Back to The Office: do you like the U.S. version? I was skeptical at first, but I like it. I think it actually keeps the spirit of the original show intact, which is pretty amazing.
  |    | 

Black Tiger

« Reply #335 on: February 15, 2007, 10:16:53 AM »
I saw the Xmas specials for the BBC series finally! Just prior to Xmas 2006, in fact, so it was a nice treat :). BBC America only aired two seasons and we didn't even know about the special until a friend of ours told us (he's from England).

As far as french pop culture goes, though.... well, the only french program I watched regularly was an awesome show on one of the local (New York / Long Island) PBS stations that consisted entirely of music videos. This was late 80's / early 90's and the videos were insanely ridiculous. My brothers and I never knew if they were super-popular artists, but we had a hard time believing they were. It didn't matter, though, since a lot of the videos were really creative (compared to the standards MTV stuff).

Back to The Office: do you like the U.S. version? I was skeptical at first, but I like it. I think it actually keeps the spirit of the original show intact, which is pretty amazing.

The U.S. version is alright as its own thing, but season one was pretty disgusting, or at least the boss was. Luckily they've been moving away from the original style of the character since he became a big star.

TR0N

« Reply #336 on: February 15, 2007, 09:05:03 PM »
Well the AVGN is at it again his rant on the Atari 5200.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 02:03:06 PM by Tron »

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Joe Redifer

« Reply #337 on: February 16, 2007, 12:31:36 AM »
I could do without the opening song.

Alright what exactly about that video had anything to do with the 5200?  It was just him moping about the house.  This guy is boring.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2007, 12:37:38 AM by Joe Redifer »

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #338 on: February 16, 2007, 03:30:54 AM »
I thought it was kinda funny but long.  I don't think anyone needs to bitch for over ten minutes about how big, heavy, and lame the 5200 was.  The controllers were shit and Atari didn't learn; the Jaguar's were just as awkward (but at least more reliable).
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Keranu

« Reply #339 on: February 16, 2007, 06:10:41 AM »
I refuse to call the Angry Nintendo Nerd anything else like "Angry Video Game Nerd" now. As much as I love his great work, he's starting to sell out :( .
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Black Tiger

« Reply #340 on: February 16, 2007, 07:49:06 AM »

-

-

I never bothered getting Segagaga because I thought it was just a text heavy digital comic/sim game. Even if it is, it'd be worth playing through for that cinema and final boss(by far the greatest boss battle of all time).

I love how the Mark III has the Sound Source FM and the Megadrive merges with the Mega-CD and 32-X.

I have to buy it and finish it immediatly now.  :P
« Last Edit: February 16, 2007, 07:58:00 AM by Black_Tiger »

TR0N

« Reply #341 on: February 16, 2007, 01:37:15 PM »
I refuse to call the Angry Nintendo Nerd anything else like "Angry Video Game Nerd" now. As much as I love his great work, he's starting to sell out :( .
As in him having t-shirts and stuff ?

Or becuse screwattack.com videos are being showen on gametraillers.com ?

Keranu

« Reply #342 on: February 16, 2007, 01:47:27 PM »

Both and because he's moved from Angry Nintendo Nerd to Angry Video Game Nerd as well as being a Angry Movie Nerd now. I still like his stuff, but I think he shouldn't have evolved so fast since there are plenty more NES reviews he can do.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

TR0N

« Reply #343 on: February 16, 2007, 01:55:58 PM »

Both and because he's moved from Angry Nintendo Nerd to Angry Video Game Nerd as well as being a Angry Movie Nerd now. I still like his stuff, but I think he shouldn't have evolved so fast since there are plenty more NES reviews he can do.
I'm not too worry about it i just figure the name change was, on purpose since he's reviewing more then nes titles now.

I've listen to the last sidescrollers over at screwattack.com and the 'guys who run it clam... the videos on GT are a temp thing.

That there not selling out and there videos are being showen on there terms.

Still i'm just "annoyed GT will get them frist while youtube get's them last.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2007, 03:54:03 PM by Tron »

esteban

« Reply #344 on: February 17, 2007, 03:09:04 AM »

-

-

I finally had a chance to watch this -- brilliant! Have you seen the fan-made Final Fantasy (or something like that) footage that incorporated all of the old consoles as characters? I don't know the chronology of these things, but I'd reckon it was inspired by Segagaga in some way.

The best part of the final boss battle, IMO, was when the 32X !!! It was never entirely clear to me whether 32X was released in Japan, so I was surprised to see it featured so prominently. Awesome! They should have continued to stack it up with more peripherals... now that would have been something. :)
  |    |