Author Topic: What are YOU watching on YouTube.com?  (Read 103894 times)

Joe Redifer

Re: What are YOU watching on YouTube.com?
« Reply #1200 on: September 19, 2007, 09:32:22 AM »
If it was 60 pounds it had to be Fatal Fury 2 or later.  Megs weigh a lot.

Kitsunexus

« Reply #1201 on: September 19, 2007, 01:23:56 PM »
OMG THIS ARCADE MACHINE BELONGS IN MY BEDROOM.

ceti alpha

« Reply #1202 on: September 19, 2007, 04:12:24 PM »
Yeah, Roadblasters was an awesome game. But I don't remember this at all.  :-k Is this a cartoon or something? A CD port of the game with cutout scenes? Cus the old Atari game had none of this.

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

Turbo D

« Reply #1203 on: September 19, 2007, 04:19:02 PM »
I think my bro has that on sega cd  :-k

Kitsunexus

« Reply #1204 on: September 19, 2007, 04:23:18 PM »
Yeah, Roadblasters was an awesome game. But I don't remember this at all.  :-k Is this a cartoon or something? A CD port of the game with cutout scenes? Cus the old Atari game had none of this.

Road Blaster (also Road Avenger) has nothing to do with RoadBlasters (a game that I also love <3). This Road Blaster is a laser-disc game (for arcade and Laseractive) that plays like Dragon's Lair. You make choices in the game, that affect what happens on the screen. Not very interactive, but very damn cool.

This game was also ported to SegaCD with a HORRIBLE American soundtrack. Well, it's not horrible, but not as good as the original soundtrack.

dragons-lair-project.com is the best place to find out more about laserdisc games.

The best laserdisc game is Interstellar Laser Fantasy.

Turbo D

« Reply #1205 on: September 19, 2007, 04:28:55 PM »
i wish I had the laseractive  :wink:

ceti alpha

« Reply #1206 on: September 19, 2007, 04:32:55 PM »
This Road Blaster is a laser-disc game (for arcade and Laseractive) that plays like Dragon's Lair. You make choices in the game, that affect what happens on the screen. Not very interactive, but very damn cool.

Ahhhh....hehe

See? And I was all confused and such.  ](*,)

I REALLY need to get a copy of Dragon's Lair and Space Ace for the PC. There's a double game package floating around in some places. I think I saw one in Staples and Zeller's.

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

Kitsunexus

« Reply #1207 on: September 19, 2007, 04:37:27 PM »
This Road Blaster is a laser-disc game (for arcade and Laseractive) that plays like Dragon's Lair. You make choices in the game, that affect what happens on the screen. Not very interactive, but very damn cool.

Ahhhh....hehe

See? And I was all confused and such.  ](*,)

I REALLY need to get a copy of Dragon's Lair and Space Ace for the PC. There's a double game package floating around in some places. I think I saw one in Staples and Zeller's.

Back when the mall had a KayBee Toy's (this was like in '95 or so), there was like a Windows 3.1 Dragon's Lair CD-ROM, for (I shit you not) $100. That store was way over priced.

Of course thanks to the awesome work of Digital Leisure we can play these games on our DVD PLAYERS! ^__^

Also, I emailed DL and it's true, THEY HAVE THE RIGHTS TO MAKE A DVD GAME BASED ON BRAINDEAD 13!!! If I can't find the PS1 version I'm going to get the DVD.

Keranu

« Reply #1208 on: September 19, 2007, 04:37:49 PM »
i wish I had the laseractive  :wink:
Who doesn't? ;)
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Joe Redifer

« Reply #1209 on: September 19, 2007, 04:55:41 PM »
I prefer the US sounds on Road Avenger.  It sounds much better than Road Blasters throughout the entire game (which I have for the Saturn).  The opening song is cheesy, but that is part of the charm.

Kitsunexus

« Reply #1210 on: September 19, 2007, 05:25:17 PM »
I prefer the US sounds on Road Avenger.  It sounds much better than Road Blasters throughout the entire game (which I have for the Saturn).  The opening song is cheesy, but that is part of the charm.

But before they changed it it was awesome. Awesome > Cheesy.

Keranu

« Reply #1211 on: September 19, 2007, 05:36:47 PM »
I like the Cyber Speedway soundtrack.
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Joe Redifer

« Reply #1212 on: September 19, 2007, 05:40:55 PM »
Nah.  Road Blaster's sound was never awesome.  Even the sound effects were changed for the better.  Bigger explosions instead of quiet wimpiness.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2007, 05:43:05 PM by Joe Redifer »

Kitsunexus

« Reply #1213 on: September 19, 2007, 06:01:14 PM »
No, I like that kind of music (the original Road Blaster soundtrack). Ski or Die is chock full of that music, I love it! The Adlib is almost as good as the MT-32 version!

I have found an mp3 of the http://www.student.oulu.fi/~vtatila/downloads/ski_or_die.mp3
, but http://www.crossfire-designs.de/download/articles/soundcards/lapc_skiordie.mp3

I think more rock should have saxaphones. ^__^
« Last Edit: September 19, 2007, 06:21:53 PM by Kitsunexus »

Keranu

« Reply #1214 on: September 19, 2007, 06:34:07 PM »
Rock + saxophones only equals the most badass person in the world... TIMMY CAPELLO!