Author Topic: "I did the music in Soldier Blade"  (Read 796 times)

nodtveidt

Re: "I did the music in Soldier Blade"
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2012, 07:01:58 AM »
If I remember correctly, the Jackie Chan Action Kung Fu music/sound design was also done by a female... maybe this same lady?

kazekirifx

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2012, 12:15:52 PM »
Women composing video game music? Pssshh! Don't be silly. Hormonal fluctuations wouldn't allow for that. Obviously these people are men posing as women for extra bonus points. Now excuse me, I am late for my misogynists anonymous meeting.

turbokon

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2012, 12:35:28 PM »
Thanks for sharing, stage 4 & 5 is one of my favorites.
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2012, 02:06:49 PM »
Women composing video game music? Pssshh! Don't be silly. Hormonal fluctuations wouldn't allow for that. Obviously these people are men posing as women for extra bonus points. Now excuse me, I am late for my misogynists anonymous meeting.

Haha, yeah!  No but seriously, some of my favorite composer's are of the female type.  Castlevania, Suikoden, & Wild Arms all come to mind for female composers.

Tatsujin

« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2012, 02:11:48 PM »
If I remember correctly, the Jackie Chan Action Kung Fu music/sound design was also done by a female... maybe this same lady?

If that lady who did the Jackie Chan Action Kung Fu music, must be the same lady that did the final soldier music then.
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

kazekirifx

« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2012, 07:25:15 PM »
If that lady who did the Jackie Chan Action Kung Fu music, must be the same lady that did the final soldier music then.

Yeah. There's no way there could be more than one female composer at Hudson. Must be the same lady.

Tatsujin

« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2012, 07:57:43 PM »
Lol, you don't get the point. Lissen to both BGMs and you may get the point :)
www.pcedaisakusen.net

Black Tiger

« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2012, 12:13:59 PM »

Yeah. There's no way there could be more than one female composer at Hudson. Must be the same lady.     

Although today's Japan may be at the forefront of women's rights and overall equality, as hard as it is to believe, there was once a time when the country was partially sexist.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

kazekirifx

« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2012, 01:32:44 PM »
Lol, you don't get the point. Lissen to both BGMs and you may get the point :)

Come to think of it, those two games do sound a bit similar. You may have a point there.

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2012, 03:53:41 PM »

Although today's Japan may be at the forefront of women's rights and overall equality, as hard as it is to believe, there was once a time when the country was partially sexist.

Only partially? :)

Joe Redifer

« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2012, 09:46:24 AM »
Hoshi and I were like a tag-team on that game, and listening to the tracks now, I'm not quite sure whose tracks are whose. Lol.

Getting down to details, I did Stages 4 and 5, the last boss, the ending, the credits, and the 2 and 5 minute caravan modes. Hoshi did everything else.

LOLz.

Tatsujin

« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2012, 11:44:29 AM »
Volle kanne hoshi.
www.pcedaisakusen.net

esteban

« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2012, 12:58:04 PM »
Found the blog of one of the composers. Actually, she put it under construction, so I got this from a cache.
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:5-gBn7Sll5cJ:ameblo.jp/makirica-music/entry-10773815637.html+&cd=10&hl=ja&ct=clnk&gl=jp&client=firefox-a

A quick and dirty translation:

Let's reminisce on Soldier Blade.

2011-01-20

This is a story from when I worked at Hudson.

He was the composer of music in many popular games, both before and after then. PCE fans probably know him. He wrote straightforward
Setting aside the sound, Soldier Blade was a game that was produced by a 100% in-house group of the most elite programmers and designers at Hudson.

As the Super Famicom and other next-generation hardware kept coming out, everyone wanted to show the world the capabilities of Hudson's own PC Engine. I remember how that was the fighting spirit everyone had as we moved forward with the project.

It knocks me out that there are people out there who like the Soldier Blade soundtrack. :)

FIRST, thanks for doing this! It was fantastic to read.

I love how the PCE developers wanted to squeeze every molecule of awesome out of the PCE hardware! Take that SFC and MD!

I wonder if she knows she has fans outside of Japan, too
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 01:00:08 PM by esteban »
  |    | 

roflmao

« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2012, 02:25:41 PM »
Very good read.  Thank you.

SamIAm

« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2012, 05:19:43 PM »
I left a nice little note on her blog saying we love her and hinting not to hesitate to tell any other Hudson stories. I don't think she checks her blog very much anymore, though. Her facebook isn't open to private messages either. Hmmm.

Anyway, glad you all enjoyed reading.

She did say that she also did music editing/compilation for the Momotaro Dentetsu series on all consoles. I bet that was her first job. She made a whole blog post about it, actually, but it's really long and rambles a lot, so I'd rather not go through all of it. ;)