Author Topic: Neo Geo 2d Fighter Ports For My Duo-R ...  (Read 262 times)

Nec.Game.head

Neo Geo 2d Fighter Ports For My Duo-R ...
« on: November 30, 2012, 05:15:36 AM »
Hey guys ... I was thinking of buying an Acade Card PRO now that I have a Duo-R .. I am really interested in finding out if the Neo Geo 2d fighter ports are any good ?? Do they compare to the other consoles ports or are they better ?? I'm also a Neo Geo fan, but I don't really feel a need to dish out a bunch of money just to play those particular games on my Aes .. I'm trying to stay primarily focused on my Pce and not so much on all the other consoles that I'm into playing also ..
Finally playing these games I couldn't get my hands on back in 91' !!! Nec fan always !!!

jelloslug

Re: Neo Geo 2d Fighter Ports For My Duo-R ...
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2012, 05:22:55 AM »
Don't forget that the Japanese versions of the AES carts work just fine in your AES.  I have purchased many of them like that myself for a tiny fraction of what the US version costs.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2012, 05:31:42 AM »
The Arcade Card ports are superior to the SNES/Genny ports in every way.  You won't be disappointed.

P.S. - You can save a little dough with a Arcade Card Duo; the Pro is only needed if you want to use it on the original CD add-on.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Nec.Game.head

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2012, 05:54:27 AM »
At some point I was thing of buying those games for my Jp Aes, but now that I'm into my Pce more then any other console, I can just buy them for it and still get my Neo Geo fix with my Pce systems .. I also have a Tg16 with the cd attachment for it .. I just completed my Tg16 cd setup and do not have a system card for it .. Gonna install a Obey chip on it that I bought here .. That's why I'm going with the Arcade Card Pro .. So I figured I can use it for both of the cd systems I have now .. I'm super glad to hear that they are better ports then the rest of the Neo Geo ports that are out there :dance: !!! Thanks guys for the information :P !!!
Finally playing these games I couldn't get my hands on back in 91' !!! Nec fan always !!!

sirhcman

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2012, 05:56:31 AM »
At some point I was thing of buying those games for my Jp Aes, but now that I'm into my Pce more then any other console, I can just buy them for it and still get my Neo Geo fix with my Pce systems .. I also have a Tg16 with the cd attachment for it .. I just completed my Tg16 cd setup and do not have a system card for it .. Gonna install a Obey chip on it that I bought here .. That's why I'm going with the Arcade Card Pro .. So I figured I can use it for both of the cd systems I have now .. I'm super glad to hear that they are better ports then the rest of the Neo Geo ports that are out there :dance: !!! Thanks guys for the information :P !!!

The neo geo pce ports are insanely cheap which is always nice!

Once you get your arcade card ask around on these forums for a reproduction disc of Sapphire ..

Black Tiger

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2012, 08:02:08 AM »
They are all cheap games, especially if you are a Neo Geo fan who owns an AES. Arcade Cards aren't expensive either. They are all amazing tech demos for the PCE and worth buying for the aesthetics alone.

The Arcade Card ports are superior to the SNES/Genny ports in every way.  You won't be disappointed.

P.S. - You can save a little dough with a Arcade Card Duo; the Pro is only needed if you want to use it on the original CD add-on.

They aren't always superior for parallax, but they do have some.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

SignOfZeta

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2012, 09:01:47 AM »
As others have said, the PCE ports are the best ones made back in the day. FF Special being the most impressive.

However, to be honest, these days those games are all super cheap for any system. The PS2 collections or even actual Neo carts might run you the same money...maybe even less, on a good day. Get them to see how great the PCE is, but if you just want to play Fatal Fury get the far superior PS2 collections which go all the way through Real Bout 2.