Author Topic: still craving a new Military Madness game for DS  (Read 428 times)

handygrafx

still craving a new Military Madness game for DS
« on: July 28, 2007, 07:58:53 AM »
there's a glimmer of hope, even though it's a very very faint glimmer.

http://tinyurl.com/374nhg

Fantasy Island – Man Dreams of Nectaris

So this feature even had me fooled at first. A fan of Nectaris, also known as Military Madness in the US, mocked up this box art for the game on DS, and throws out a headline like "Hudson Announces Nectaris DS", that's the headline I long to hear. We actually thought we were doing a DS version too for a minute there! The guy does have some good ideas, and he clearly loves the game. Who knows, maybe its enough to inspire us to make a new version custom fitted for the DS. Til then you’ll have to play the original version on the Wii Virtual Console. Which amazingly still holds up extremely well even by today’s standards. The game deserves all the glory of one of the best strategy games of all time

so NFG's  dream of Nectaris DS made its way to Hudsonentertainment.com 

please Hudson, make it happen.  with Irem making a hex-based, turn-based strategy game in the R-Type universe for PSP,  it makes perfect sense to show what you can do with the Nectaris / Military Madness series in an innovative way on the highly innovative DS.   

Dare I ask for two Nectaris games, one for DS, one for Wii, that are linkable, locally,  between DS><DS,  DS><Wii and also worldwide via WiFi; DS><DS,  Wii><Wii,  DS><Wii.   Imagine the ultimate in Nectaris strategy fun, two games that would be good enough to last 10 years because of all the possibilities and addictive gameplay.  Come on, show Nintendo's Advance Wars team and fanbase how much better your turn-based Nectaris games are.

since NFG can dream, and since Hudson responded to this on one of their websites,  I too can dream & hope.

For now, it's back to playing Nectaris ported to Windows 95
(it's got better audio than the PCE /TG16 /Wii VC version, as well as mouse support!) 
and also I must finally finish  Neo-Nectaris which I never had the time or skill to complete.

« Last Edit: July 28, 2007, 08:06:30 AM by handygrafx »

Turbo D

Re: still craving a new Military Madness game for DS
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2007, 12:00:47 AM »
Nice mockup, I would definitely buy it if it were released, haha.

hoobs88

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2008, 03:18:01 AM »
I was excited too when I saw that but unfortunately it was a mockup. The closest thing to Military Madness (Nectaris) is Advance Wars. There is also Panzer Tactics which uses hexes but isn't very good.
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase

Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
http://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0

League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

SignOfZeta

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2008, 04:04:13 AM »
Yeah, that would be nice, but there is no shortage of strategy games on DS. Super Robot Wars W, particularly, is completely amazing. Hex maps aren't as popular as they used to be, but personally I prefer squares anyway.

esteban

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2008, 12:49:56 AM »
Yeah, that would be nice, but there is no shortage of strategy games on DS. Super Robot Wars W, particularly, is completely amazing. Hex maps aren't as popular as they used to be, but personally I prefer squares anyway.
Ouch. I can't stand squares. Totally infuriating to me, in fact.
  |    | 

Zeon

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2008, 05:04:44 PM »
Ouch. I can't stand squares. Totally infuriating to me, in fact.

They infuriate you? Damn what did they do? Burn down your house, kidnap your family and kill your pet dog in front of your very eyes by poking it to death with all four corners? I just can't imagine how squares can be so infuriating.