Author Topic: SNK to announce new hardware ?  (Read 3426 times)

MisterCrash

Re: SNK to announce new hardware ?
« Reply #45 on: May 06, 2018, 12:24:01 AM »

I just now realized that there's no Crystalis :'( why doesn't SNK show some love for their pre Neo games. I would love to have some Victory Road or Guerrilla War arcade games on that.

That's my fault. I had mentioned the SNK 40th Anniversary software collection in the thread that was originally about the 40th anniversary hardware. So, the short answer is: hardware = Neo Geo, software = arcade/NES.

Medic_wheat

« Reply #46 on: May 06, 2018, 01:48:25 AM »

I just now realized that there's no Crystalis :'( why doesn't SNK show some love for their pre Neo games. I would love to have some Victory Road or Guerrilla War arcade games on that.

That's my fault. I had mentioned the SNK 40th Anniversary software collection in the thread that was originally about the 40th anniversary hardware. So, the short answer is: hardware = Neo Geo, software = arcade/NES.

I think it’s oretty cool SNK is doing two different colextion with totally different game compilations.

Digi.k

« Reply #47 on: May 10, 2018, 11:48:49 AM »

SignOfZeta

« Reply #48 on: May 10, 2018, 02:15:35 PM »
Man. How hard is it to get your own damned button layout right? WTF?

Medic_wheat

« Reply #49 on: May 10, 2018, 02:41:53 PM »
The buttons (granted pretty much the same as the leaked image) looked cramped as f*ck.

TR0N

« Reply #50 on: May 10, 2018, 05:45:05 PM »
Meh that button layout looks to cramp to me.Still since it is official it really reminds of the coleco tabletops from the 80's.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Punch

« Reply #51 on: May 10, 2018, 06:15:48 PM »
That sux.

TheClash603

« Reply #52 on: May 11, 2018, 01:06:50 AM »
Man. How hard is it to get your own damned button layout right? WTF?

SNK finally realized most people are derpy when trying to use their ring or pinky fingers on a controller.  I am not a fan of the change because it isn't authentic, but four buttons wide was not a great design choice originally.

SignOfZeta

« Reply #53 on: May 11, 2018, 02:37:18 AM »
You’re missing the point. They already did a 2x2 layout for the Neo CD with colored buttons like this but they re-arranged the order of buttons. Presumably this is because they want the KOFs to have buttons that lineup like Capcom’s (kicks on bottom, harder attacks to the right) and they still haven’t figure out how to add a button config to their old ROMs.

I’m really hoping that stick doesn’t suck as bad as it obviously does...we’ll see.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 04:18:31 AM by SignOfZeta »

VmprHntrD

« Reply #54 on: May 16, 2018, 09:36:13 AM »
Yet they also will be having AES/CD style gamepads you can use on it with the 2 controller ports supplied.  Unless you have to hunch over it, just HDMI it to the TV and use a game pad.  Problem solved.

bob

« Reply #55 on: May 16, 2018, 11:28:47 AM »
at least after “40 years” they stayed true to thier roots and released another POS

SignOfZeta

« Reply #56 on: May 16, 2018, 11:29:49 AM »
Will those game pads be f*ckED? I’d say there is at least a %70 chance they will be. That stick looks super crap.

TheClash603

« Reply #57 on: May 16, 2018, 03:16:03 PM »
at least after “40 years” they stayed true to thier roots and released another POS

Even though I love a lot of SNK games, this had me laughing my ass off.

johnnykonami

« Reply #58 on: May 19, 2018, 09:43:29 AM »
I will have to take a look at this, but I concur a nicely made full size bar top in the MVS style would sell gangbusters.  I'd pay $300+ for something like that with a collection of basically all the games, either up front or nickel and dime me through some kind of storefront or new cartridges - just make the hardware solid.

seieienbu

« Reply #59 on: May 19, 2018, 12:06:43 PM »
Yet they also will be having AES/CD style gamepads you can use on it with the 2 controller ports supplied.  Unless you have to hunch over it, just HDMI it to the TV and use a game pad.  Problem solved.

Wait, it has TWO controller ports?  That's actually pretty good sounding...
Current want list:  Bomberman 93