Author Topic: Nintendo Wii virtual console info?  (Read 951 times)

Odonadon

Nintendo Wii virtual console info?
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2006, 05:01:02 PM »
Quote from: "Neo Rasa"
It would also be, to me, the ultimate reward for fans of the companies that actually have a bunch of Turbo CD laying around.  You can be the coolest kid on the block again by being the only person who can run "that whys game with the red haired guy" in its full CD audio glory.

Therein lies the problem.  The library of games still in playable format is probably very small.  It also doesn't make sense that they would cater to this very small (potentially) user-base by letting them play their CD on the unit.  I really don't have any idea how many playable copies of these games are still in existence, but I think saying 1% of the library being in this condition is pretty generous.  

And being the coolest kid on the block is another problem, as back in the day people had the option to rush out and buy the title to be as cool as you.  Someone will either have to start printing the CDs again (very doubtful) or we'll see a download system.

OD
http://www.turbo2k.net - the truly Turboist of all Turbo sites.

Neo Rasa

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2006, 12:11:33 AM »
Well I would assume a download would be possible as well.  And I would say that in Japan the system has enough of a cult following that the feature would get some use.  I would never think of it as more than a bonus for the people that do have the physical disks.

cheezio

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2006, 10:29:55 AM »
its a pain you have to pay AGAIN for any games you already own - shame they cant release a £5 usb adaptor (that plugs into the Wii) that has a HUcard socket on it! :)

SignOfZeta

« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2006, 11:44:53 AM »
Quote from: "Odonadon"

Therein lies the problem.  The library of games still in playable format is probably very small.  It also doesn't make sense that they would cater to this very small (potentially) user-base by letting them play their CD on the unit.  I really don't have any idea how many playable copies of these games are still in existence, but I think saying 1% of the library being in this condition is pretty generous.  

You think %99 of all PC Engine, and Turbo Grafx software is destroyed? Why on Earth would you say that?

takashirose

« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2006, 01:12:45 PM »
Yeah, that makes me wonder.  I can still get brand new turbo Games.  It is a harder to find than the current generation, but it is attainable by Turbo fans.  I believe it is possible to get most of the Turbo games used at least.
Let the old mix with the new.