Author Topic: PC Engine HuCard Repair  (Read 250 times)

thatguyontheright

PC Engine HuCard Repair
« on: August 07, 2013, 09:12:32 AM »
I recently purchased Street Fighter 2 on the PC Engine and the (Smeghead) seller shipped it in a plain white envelope, and the card got damaged, and bent out of shape. The only way I can get it going is if I press the card down when it is in the system, and what I get is this (Picture)

Corrupted Graphics. Is this fixable? Is it possible to take apart a hucard and reflow some traces to fix this?

ApolloBoy

Re: PC Engine HuCard Repair
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2013, 10:30:17 AM »
I wouldn't bother trying to fix it, SF II is a cheap enough game to replace.
Quote from: Arkhan
it makes me laugh because people are like I REMEMBER PLAYIN THAT BACK IN THE DAY, MAN THAT WAS FUN.

and then I go "yeah I remember playing that 2 days ago because I still have my SNES, retard"

thatguyontheright

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2013, 10:52:03 AM »
While I see the point, it does seem a shame to let this go to waste.

roflmao

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2013, 01:30:35 PM »
You could turn it into a keychain.  :)

thatguyontheright

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2013, 02:34:21 PM »
I've decided to make a new purchase, this time from a Japanese seller, one I have bought from before.

roflmao

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2013, 03:00:20 PM »
I've decided to make a new purchase, this time from a Japanese seller, one I have bought from before.

I meant to mention this earlier, but sorry to hear you had a crummy purchase. :(  Hopefully it didn't set you back very much and you can get another for not too much. 

thatguyontheright

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2013, 03:02:30 PM »
all together, both purchases amount to less than $30. I was hoping to get more PC Engine games (I only have two, and I cant play (PAC-Land and Cyber Knight)) I got a TG-16 card because the seller of my PC Engine said it was modded, and alas, nope. Atleast I have an AV Booster though.

esteban

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2013, 05:12:49 PM »
STATUS: sorry to hear about the bum SFII', but don't let that sour you to the glorious world of PCE.   
  |    | 

thatguyontheright

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2013, 11:03:09 AM »
I got my PC engine and I am enjoying the 1 game I can play (Cant read Japanese), I never even knew about the TG-16 when I was a kid, the first time I heard of it was when the Wii Virtual Console was announced back in like 05 or what ever, and they said Turbo Grapfx 16. I got the PC Engine because well...it was given to me. The person couldn't get it to work, so he just loaded it onto me. I took it apart and noticed the fuse was gone (jumped with a wire) and the voltage regulator was blown, so I replaced them and got a working PC Engine, with the AV Booster. I would like an official PC Engine controller or a 6 button controller, and a way to play TG-16 games on it...but...time.