Author Topic: Halloween Games  (Read 1667 times)

xelement5x

Re: Halloween Games
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2017, 04:08:16 AM »
Anyone doing this again?  I normally play spooky stuff around Halloween if I can.

Already played through the Bunker which was a fun (if short) FMV romp.  Working through The Evil Within for the first time now.
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

in99flames

« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2017, 05:19:20 AM »
Its an old game(for a newer console) but the Condemned:Criminal Origins series is damn creepy. One level that always made me paranoid was the level where you are trapped in an abandoned clothing department store. There are old creepy mannequins everywhere... some move on you and some are enemies. You never knew which ones were gonna attack you. Drove me batty in that level :-P
I am somebody's mommy!
----name that movie quote :)

johnnykonami

« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2017, 06:30:53 AM »
Proud owner of a 1060 GTX now, so I am gonna run through RE7 again on my PC (I previously played through on my buddies PS4).  Some other games I have on PC that I couldn't run before that fit the bill are Dead Rising 3 and Evil Within (1).  I'll just see how I feel with my crumbs of free time...

esteban

« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2017, 08:21:45 AM »
I’m going to play some “eerie” games:
Alone in the Dark (3DO)
7th Guest (PC)
Dracula Unleashed (DVD game)

I haven’t played these games since they were originally released.

I’ll try to squeeze SPLATTERHOUSE in there, too, since my kids will love its theme.

|    | 

Digi.k

« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2017, 08:51:34 AM »
I was playing a little Shiryo sensen War of the Dead and was wondering why they didn't translate this and release it on the turbografx.  I think it works.  Just the password system sucks.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2017, 09:12:04 AM »
I'll probably play some Dracula X and Splatterhouse.  They're my go-to games for creepiness.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

bartre

« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2017, 02:48:10 PM »
Its an old game(for a newer console) but the Condemned:Criminal Origins series is damn creepy. One level that always made me paranoid was the level where you are trapped in an abandoned clothing department store. There are old creepy mannequins everywhere... some move on you and some are enemies. You never knew which ones were gonna attack you. Drove me batty in that level :-P

God dammit.
Getting me tempted to play this again.

But with my time so limited lately, I just play clock tower on snes and maybe killing floor 2

Phase

« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2017, 03:41:05 PM »
Alone in the Dark (3DO)
Nice!

I'm gonna try and play these this month
Addams Family SNES (only thing Addams Family I ever liked)
Castlevania 4
Legendary Axe II
Castle of Illusion
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 03:43:33 PM by Phase »

gheebee

« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2017, 07:02:30 PM »
Alone in the Dark (3DO)

I've never played the 3DO version but the PC version is an old favorite, a bit confusing but a lot of fun once you know what to do.

TR0N

« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2017, 07:03:10 PM »
I been playing some castlevaina 3 the famicom version earlier.Also i may take a stab again for sweet home,very ambitious for a nes/famicom game.Beside i should be getting a copy of the recent friday the 13th game soon for the PS4.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

seieienbu

« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2017, 08:45:59 PM »
Last October, my girlfriend and I played through all the 8 and 16 bit Castlevanias and finished it up with Symphony.  This year we're trying to beat Cotton, Cotton 2, Magical Chase, and Death Smiles.  Next year we'll likely play the Resident Evil series.

I have fond memories of playing through Quest for Glory 4 every October while I was in junior high and high school.  If you've never played it and like point and click adventures I give it my highest recommendation.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 08:39:39 AM by seieienbu »
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

Zero_Gamer

« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2017, 06:02:27 AM »
I do this every year. Mainly in the retro arena.

I started early, about three weeks ago. So far I've played:

Castlevania 1&3
Castlevania Bloodlines
Castlevania Chronicles
Monster Party
Zombies Ate My Neighbors
Ghosts and goblins
Ghouls and ghosts
Sweet Home

On the list:

Splatterhouse
Dracula x
Uninvited
Shadowgate
Friday the 13th

Sweet home is a damn hard game. I haven't gotten very far. The constraint of splitting your party, and juggling items is very challenging. And WTF is up with the wood!? Always need wood, always falling through it... Ugh!

It's not surprising this game didn't come to the states. It tries my patience as an adult. I would not have suffered this game as a child.

I would like to play some newer things too. I started the evil within last year and never went back to it, so I may start it over. I may bust out the Silent Hill HD collection too. New games just take so much time though.

in99flames

« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2017, 01:51:25 PM »
Alone in the Dark (3DO)
7th Guest (PC)

I’ll try to squeeze SPLATTERHOUSE in there, too, since my kids will love its theme.
7th Guest!

"Old man Stauf built a house and filled it with his toys.....6 guests were invited one night, their screams...the only noise"

That game freaked me out when it was released. I think i was 9 or 10. Those graphics were insane for the time.
I am somebody's mommy!
----name that movie quote :)

sirhcman

« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2017, 02:00:49 PM »
Cuphead

esteban

« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2017, 11:43:48 PM »
Alone in the Dark (3DO)
7th Guest (PC)

7th Guest!

"Old man Stauf built a house and filled it with his toys.....6 guests were invited one night, their screams...the only noise"

That game freaked me out when it was released. I think i was 9 or 10. Those graphics were insane for the time.

Ha! I remember seeing this at store (demo playing on computer) and thinking that the FUTURE had arrived. I didn’t get to play it until years later, though.

Alone in the Dark (3DO)

I've never played the 3DO version but the PC version is an old favorite, a bit confusing but a lot of fun once you know what to do.

Yes, I played the PC version, too, but I played...hmmm...maybe 50-60% of the 3DO version when I picked up my 3DO many moons ago.

The 3DO version has flaws and awkward controls...but I can’t remember if the original was that much better (ha!).
  |    |