Author Topic: New to forums  (Read 306 times)

warpig227

New to forums
« on: April 02, 2014, 06:50:09 PM »
Hey everyone, brand new on the forum, and pretty new to turbografx collecting. i am a big nes collector, and i recently came across the turbografx after over a year of contemplation. I'm pretty familiar with a lot of the more expensive games, but i was curious what are some hidden gems for cheap? and is it worth it paying the crazy amount of money on ebay for a turbo booster ? thank for welcoming me and i look forward to being apart of the forums =)

Bklyn4ever

Re: New to forums
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2014, 01:52:06 AM »
Welcome, although some may say disagree, Legendary Axe is relatively inexpensive and it is a great game. Check it out!

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2014, 02:58:18 AM »
Welcome aboard!  Like nullity said, the booster ain't worth it; you're better off tapping A/V off the expansion bus for pennies and putting that money towards a PCE Duo/R/RX.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

420GOAT

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2014, 03:17:12 AM »
welcome, the av mod is so easy, i was able to it!!
I want to be more like 337.

The Wolf: If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the f*cking car.

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2014, 05:14:00 AM »
Hey man,

WOCLCOME!!

The Turbo is fantastic and if you're looking at it like a collector, just start buying 'em up, cause you're not likely to play 'em anyway.  *Shelf Warrior*?  But, most of us here are gamers, and you pretty much cannot go wrong with any of the cheapie games that cost a nickel a dozen.  :)

Start out with a few games that should cost you under a $10 spot like-
Legendary Axe, Dungeon Explorer, Sonic Spike (If you want multiplayer), Blazing Lazers, JJ & JEFF, and/or Final Lap Twin
and you'll be hooked like us!  :)

Sparky

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2014, 05:35:30 AM »
Hey welcome man, & it is ok to be a collector, just use common sense and don't get crazy with your visa, and for god sakes give the games some love from time to time.

Hell i am guilty of lack of game loving at times as i have to many females in my house with very little love for my old schools games <<throws up hands and refills wine>>

That said i think a hidden gem is Dragon Spirit, a good dragon shooter and it is not expensive .
Hugs

galam

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2014, 05:39:57 AM »
good call on FLT as a suggestion, josh.

alien crush...vigilante...victory run are also great cheapies and TE friendly if you get/have one.

toymachine78

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2014, 05:47:35 AM »
Yeah man.. save Madonna and kick some skin head ass lol

warpig227

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2014, 06:19:06 AM »
i do play the games, I've already beat bonks adventure and revenge, beat bloodywolf beat pac land, i love seeing these games  on the shelf but i like seeing em on my tv better

esteban

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2014, 11:35:57 AM »
Welcome, comrade. 
  |    | 

MrWunderful

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2014, 12:36:51 PM »
I am in the same boat as you.  I just picked up a modded PCengine duo and have been playing it a ton!  I also collect NES but there is just something about that pce duo.  I really like the way the controller feels too, really well made.
Sell me your loose Hu Cards!!

galam

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2014, 01:31:26 PM »
Im a bit of an NES guy too. Make sure you new fellas check out "Never Played NES" thread in console chat. Its good fun.

HailingTheThings

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2014, 03:53:04 PM »
Welcome to the things!

GET A MODDED PC DUO-ERR SOMETHING!

Yes!

wildfruit

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2014, 05:24:28 PM »
Welcomings
Blazing lazers is a top common, i think. Shmup away!