Author Topic: My Black Friday deals for 2013. Score anything you really wanted this year ??  (Read 183 times)

NightWolve

Only 2 items of significance to speak of this year:

1) Because my smart phone is too small and I've come to enjoy being able to check email, visit here, facebook, handle general browsing, I wanted a tablet to serve as a cheap, simple laptop solution so that I don't always have to power on my PC Windows Tower machine. I was also curious about Google's entrance into the Operating System market so I wanted to get familiar with this Android OS for mobile devices. I found this 7" model for $59 + $2 for shipping so I snagged it up.

http://www.nomorerack.com/daily_deals/view/521654-mid_google_android_4_2_1_2ghz_4gb_7__dual_camera_tablet_pc___accessories

Quote from: Some Specs
• Brand: iRola
• Model: DX752
• CPU: Rockchip2926, Cortex-A9, Up to 1.2GHz
• Google Android 4.2 OS
• 512MB DDR3 RAM
• 4GB memory
• External MicroSD card 1GB to 32GB supported; card not included
• Wi-Fi: 802.11 b/g/n
• Built-in speaker (x2)
• Built-in camera: front 0.3MP
• Built-in camera: back 1.3MP
• 7" wide screen with 800 x 480 resolution
• Capacitive touchscreen
• T-flash card (supports up to 32GB)
• Built-in microphone
• 4-dimensional gravity sensor
• Micro-USB port
• Audio: AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, AMR-WB, QCP, MP3, WMA, WAV, MIDI, M4A
• Video: WMV, ASF, MP4, 3GP, 3G2M4V, AVI, MJPEG, RV10, DivX, VC-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, h.263, H.264
• Angry Birds, Fruit Ninja, Flipit, Talking Tom, Temple Run, Solitaire, Skype, Adobe Reader, Facebook, E-Reader, Netflix, Youtube, Twitter, and more
• Google Search, Camcorder/Camera, Gmail, Apk, ES file Explorer, ES Task Manager, Google Talk, E-Reader, Market, NC Manager, PDF Reader, and more
• Rechargeable polymer lithium battery
• 5V
• More than 6.5hrs battery life
• Unit size: 7.6" x 4.75" x 0.375"
• Weighs 12oz

2) I had also been wanting a good HD camcorder to record mod videos and whatever else for quite a while now. First I bought a Sony, but then I took it a back and was willing to pay a little more for this Canon model which seemed like a better deal overall. Best Buy threw in a 32 GB Class 10 SD Memory Card for a total of $170+tax.

http://reviews.cnet.com/digital-camcorders/canon-vixia-hf-r400/4505-6500_7-35562084.html
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-39i4hJmUsBZ/p_280HFR400/Canon-VIXIA-HF-R400.html
Canon HF R400 Camcorder

Quote from: Some Specs
Storage and Formats:
-records high-definition video and photos onto SD, SDHC, and SDXC memory cards
-8GB memory cards hold up to 3 hours of AVCHD video at lowest quality setting
-maximum video resolution: 1920 x 1080/60p

Features:
-1/4.85-inch CMOS sensor shoots at a full-HD 1920 x 1080 pixels advanced DIGIC DV IV image processor
-32X optical zoom lens (53X Advanced zoom, 1060X digital)
-3" touch-panel widescreen LCD (230K dots)
-four image stabilization systems optimize image in different shooting situations
-record in 28Mbps AVCHD for best quality, or in no-fuss 35Mbps MP4 for easy compatibility with editing software and web uploads

Well, that's about it for me... I usually don't manage to get anything worthwhile, but I hope both products work out for me. I still haven't received the tablet though... Just checked the tracking # as a matter of fact and because of volume it got sent out by the 2-day USPS method only yesterday... No biggie.

Anyhow, how about anyone else, did you score any good deals this year or just didn't bother with all the craziness that comes along with it ?? Brag/boast away!

I read reports that ~70% of the door buster deals that brick'n'mortar stores offer can actually be found online as well, so you probably didn't have to deal with driving around and facing large crowds if you're comfortable with online shopping and the wait, etc. Good to know in the future.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 12:04:10 AM by NightWolve »

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Nothing for me.  I didn't even see much of anything that I wanted.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

hoobs88

Newbury Comics had a "Buy 2, Get 1 Free" sale so I got 3 CDs.
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase

Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
http://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0

League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

NightWolve

Scored a 1080p 39" LED TV for my twins' room for $170.
https://scontent-b-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/t1/994377_10202505290384324_2135881045_n.jpg

Not bad for a 39". They're usually 720p/1080i, so to get 1080p at that rate was good.

PunkicCyborg

washer and dryer
so exciting.....
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

TheClash603

Bought my parents a new computer.

Then I waited in line at Toys R Us for a not bad 60 minutes to get my niece a bunch of Disney Infinity stuff.  This deal was store only, and it ended up being even better, because cashier messed up and didn't ring up two of the character packs which saved me $55 additional dollars.

Only thing I got for myself was 3 years of PlayStation Plus.  Ohh yea, Pikmin 3.

turboswimbz

Snaged a TV similar to nully's.  1080p 37" for 160 with free ship.

Nothing too much else out there worth grabbing for me.

Washers and Dryers are awesome if your old ones are starting to break. just saying.  We recently replaced our 1959 steel drum dryer.  So nice to have a dryer that works.  Although the new one isn't built anywhere as sturdy as the old one.  Also less gas use but it takes about 10-15 minutes longer to dry than when the old one was working well.   Man they use to build stuff to last!
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)

BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere.

You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Spenoza: The wannabe masculinity just overwhelms.