Author Topic: IFU CDROM Pinout  (Read 499 times)

wolfman

Re: IFU CDROM Pinout
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2014, 12:38:25 AM »
It's a 95% probability guess, and it wouldn't even matter.

So a 1N4002 would do it too? It´s 1A instead of 450mah afaik...I´ve got a few left over...
recent addition: Japanese Language Skills, A1 proficiency level
------------------------------------------------------------------------
CryptoCoin Warrior
My Setup: PC Engine LT, CD-ROM², IFU-30
AKA woolfman on AtariAge, PlanetVB, Circuit-Board.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Fidde_se

« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2014, 02:45:59 AM »
Yes it does, it just a little bigger, but this diode is only there to see threw that voltage would not get there if you had dc adapter with center pin positive and is not used when in the ifu, and it can handle 100v in both directions so it will probably never go wrong or wear out.

When in the IFU it's impossible to switch the connector and there for it's not a diode from that.
GW/GB/GBP/GBL/GBC/GBA/GBASP/GBASP2/GBM/DS/DSL/DSiXL/3DS/PM/VB/FC/NES/SNES/N64/GC/Wii/PS/PSONE/PS2/PS2S/
SMS/SMS2/GG/NOM/MD/MD2/MD3/MD1CD/SS/DC/XB/XB360/NGP/NGPC/NGPC2/WS/WSC/CSW/PCEGT/PCE/PCECG1/PCECG2/
PCECD/TG16TE/NGAGE/GIZ/GP32/GP2XF1/GP2XF2/GP2XWIZ/GP2XCAN/DA320/ST520/ST1040/LNX/LNX2/JAG/PORT/CD32/A500/
C64/CDi/VMU/POCKSTN/PSP/PSPCFW/FDS/VSM

wolfman

« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2014, 05:50:05 AM »
Like this, it goes under the connector if it's burned you can either remove the connector and repair the via or just take a wire to the red part, the darker red are where it comes from on the DC plug, and goes threw a diode.

I attached the wire now (blue in the picture), and the drive works in the IFU. Its a vital connection - without it you don´t get it to run EVER in the IFU, but plays music when connected to an adapter outside of it.
CryptoCoin Warrior

Fidde_se

« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2014, 07:14:16 AM »
Well that's good news, 2 drives fixed in one night (well nearly) or is just one?
GW/GB/GBP/GBL/GBC/GBA/GBASP/GBASP2/GBM/DS/DSL/DSiXL/3DS/PM/VB/FC/NES/SNES/N64/GC/Wii/PS/PSONE/PS2/PS2S/
SMS/SMS2/GG/NOM/MD/MD2/MD3/MD1CD/SS/DC/XB/XB360/NGP/NGPC/NGPC2/WS/WSC/CSW/PCEGT/PCE/PCECG1/PCECG2/
PCECD/TG16TE/NGAGE/GIZ/GP32/GP2XF1/GP2XF2/GP2XWIZ/GP2XCAN/DA320/ST520/ST1040/LNX/LNX2/JAG/PORT/CD32/A500/
C64/CDi/VMU/POCKSTN/PSP/PSPCFW/FDS/VSM

wolfman

« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2014, 07:48:18 AM »
Well that's good news, 2 drives fixed in one night (well nearly) or is just one?

No, its just one, but I´ve tampered with it for more than 2 weeks. It now even reads slow-burned CDRs!  :dance:

The reason I opened a thread just for the CD pinout is, I was hoping someone could contribute so that we have it documented some day. At least it might help someone else someday - you never know  :-k
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 07:50:03 AM by wolfman »
CryptoCoin Warrior