Author Topic: Do you plan on buying Atlantean on a card?  (Read 5975 times)

Dicer

Re: Do you plan on buying Atlantean on a card?
« Reply #345 on: August 06, 2014, 05:44:30 PM »
Your argument, "Many people won't be able to get the psychical copy right away, why deny them the right to play it if there are means and ways to provide it?" is pressuring, cheering, advocating, etc. for it right now, the sooner the better, etc.

My point was simple enough, let 'em sell out of the physical copies first, and they can do the digital option afterwards if so they choose (they've stated it, as you say). You disagreed with that, though.

This is the last thing I'll say on the matter, I don't know why you're all over my shit about it?

No-one is pressuring, they already said there would be a digital release for those that cant get the card right away, not my words...

It's not up to you or me...

Everyone is excited, and they will make plenty of sales...but I know they are taking the time and effort to assemble these things by hand, so I am willing to wait on a real copy...but again that is me, others will be killing each other to get the first completed cards.

Again, done discussing this aspect of the release...

NightWolve

« Reply #346 on: August 06, 2014, 05:59:47 PM »
This is the last thing I'll say on the matter, I don't know why you're all over my shit about it?

No-one is pressuring, they already said there would be a digital release for those that cant get the card right away, not my words...

It's not up to you or me...

I thought I defined what is a subtle form of pressuring/advocating/etc. which apparently you don't agree with. Whatever. And I got "all up in your shit" (your characterization for a debate apparently) cause I stated my opinion on the order of things, simple enough, and would've left it at, until you decided you knew better, that they should do a digital release right now or the sooner the better, etc. You quoted me, bolded items for emphasis, and wanted to argue the merits of the issue. Your problem is I argued back ?? Seems to be. Yeah, what they do is up to them, duh, but don't mean opinions/advice can't be offered up...

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #347 on: August 06, 2014, 06:16:20 PM »
The game will get dumped as soon as an unfamiliar non-forumite ends up with a copy on batch like, 3 or something.

Pier Solar got dumped.  Atlantean will get dumped.

The ROM being available isn't going to impact the sales of these things.  People still go apeshit over buying real cards instead of torrenting the entire NEC library.  almost 100 PCEFX members want it.    Non PCEFX members also want it.

and, if someone would rather download it because some dick posted the ROM.... fine by me.

We didn't make the cards for people who aren't interested in owning a real one.

I don't think it'd be fair if PCEFX members especially, are unable to play the game for awhile because they haven't gotten their copy yet.

This removes that issue
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

nodtveidt

« Reply #348 on: August 06, 2014, 08:14:18 PM »
I want it. The real thing. I just can't afford it yet. But I will own it someday. In the meantime, the ROM will be just fine for me, and I have no problem shelling out the small cost for it. I have no interest in a pirated ROM.

vestcoat

« Reply #349 on: August 08, 2014, 04:56:49 AM »
I have no interest in a pirated ROM.
I plan to collect both the official ROM and the pirated ROM so I have a complete set.

Bernie

« Reply #350 on: August 08, 2014, 05:09:39 AM »
I plan to collect both the official ROM and the pirated ROM so I have a complete set.

LOL.  I understand the ones that get the ROM will have it personalized somehow to identify the owner/buyer..  Unless Ark was just pulling my leg. 

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #351 on: August 08, 2014, 06:33:22 AM »

LOL.  I understand the ones that get the ROM will have it personalized somehow to identify the owner/buyer..  Unless Ark was just pulling my leg. 

Oh no, it definitely will.

I'll probably put BERNIE'S PEEPEE TOUCHING EDITION on the title screen of yours.
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

FiftyQuid

I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

Mathius

« Reply #353 on: August 08, 2014, 11:41:26 AM »
Is there going to be any difference in packaging between US and Japanese?
F@ck Ebay Club member since 2010
Switch Friend Code: SW-2346-3388-5406

NightWolve

« Reply #354 on: August 08, 2014, 03:41:48 PM »

Heh-heh.

sunteam_paul

« Reply #355 on: August 08, 2014, 09:54:55 PM »
Is there going to be any difference in packaging between US and Japanese?

No
The PC Engine Software Bible
Quote from: Tatsujin
I just felt in a hole!