Author Topic: Thoughts on the PS3 price yall?  (Read 1492 times)

FM-77

Thoughts on the PS3 price yall?
« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2006, 01:07:54 PM »
Quote from: "rolins"
I like the gun's handle. Seems nintendo are putting all their creativity into it, but the remote on top is just awkward. Why does nintendo have to put some much emphasis on their remote? It's like it's completey geared towards couch potatoes.

No way, couch potatoes don't like jumping around and waving your arms. :wink:

Keranu

« Reply #46 on: May 19, 2006, 01:19:10 PM »
I saw the light gun attachtment before and I TOTALLY love it! It has a nice, classic NES touch to it, kind of like the Zapper. It would totally be awesome if it comes bundled with the system, but I'm not sure if that will happen. Same goes with the VC controller.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Keranu

« Reply #47 on: May 19, 2006, 01:20:18 PM »
By the way, one advantage that the Virtual Console has over emulation on PC, X-Box, etc... is that it's a good possibilty they allow you to use the Wiimote for old light gun games. I'd love to play Gum Shoe with that light gun attachment.
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

rolins

« Reply #48 on: May 19, 2006, 03:15:55 PM »
I thinking the Wii Remote + gun handle is going to be flimsy. Starting waving that gun around and probably the remote pops out.

I hope nintendo brings out some retro adapters for the VC, so you can use the original controllers and lightguns. I love to play Track n Field again with the running mat. I had some good memories playing that game against my friends in grade school.

Keranu

« Reply #49 on: May 19, 2006, 03:33:03 PM »
Me and my bros rebought a Power Pad last summer since we lost ours from when we were kids, so we have had fun playing Track & Field and Dance Aerobics on it :D .

esteban

« Reply #50 on: May 19, 2006, 07:16:40 PM »
Quote from: "rolins"
I thinking the Wii Remote + gun handle is going to be flimsy. Starting waving that gun around and probably the remote pops out.

I hope nintendo brings out some retro adapters for the VC, so you can use the original controllers and lightguns. I love to play Track n Field again with the running mat. I had some good memories playing that game against my friends in grade school.
I thought everyone pounded their fists on the Power Pad (or whatever it was called)? :)
  |    | 

Keranu

« Reply #51 on: May 19, 2006, 07:56:22 PM »
You can run really fast on it with your feet if you can move your feet up and down quickly. It's hard to explain and hard to perform, but you will do some serious speed if you can master the technique, like my oldest brother. I find it amazing at how well the Power Pad works because when you have to perform the long jumps in World Track Meet, it detects the jump and landing quite well. Of course the jump of the actual sprite isn't as realistic as your real jump ;) .

TR0N

« Reply #52 on: May 21, 2006, 05:01:12 PM »
Btw if you all haven't herd by now, SNKP is gonna suport the Wii.

Up frist the MS collection http://revolution.ign.com/articles/704/704020p1.html

This is what, SCEA gets for being jerks to SNKP  :twisted:

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Keranu

« Reply #53 on: May 21, 2006, 06:25:19 PM »
I heard about the Metal Slug Anthology coming to Wii before, it's pretty exicting stuff. I wonder what the new control feature will be like and if you can enable/disable it.

rolins

« Reply #54 on: May 22, 2006, 11:31:36 AM »
Definitely looking forward to MS Anthology and other future Neo Geo games. If anything SNKP really needs to create a STG collection with Pulstar, Blazing Star, Last Resort, and AF 2. I'd pay full price for that.