Author Topic: Complete PC engine CD IFU setups and recapped Duo systems for sale.  (Read 9136 times)

khyron65

Re: Complete PC engine Briefcase setups for sale. Plus Some DUOs :)
« Reply #150 on: March 31, 2016, 07:57:56 AM »
LOL! Hey Keith I just saw this thread! Its funny I found you through other means. Now Im super stoked! Cant wait till some DUOs become available! You do great work!

shabba

« Reply #151 on: March 31, 2016, 03:29:41 PM »
LOL! Hey Keith I just saw this thread! Its funny I found you through other means. Now Im super stoked! Cant wait till some DUOs become available! You do great work!

That he does. I got my Duo-R from him and I love it. I was so impressed that I sent him my Express to recap. His work is fantastic.
-Colin
Old enough to be your dad. Just ask your mom.

nugs1987

« Reply #152 on: March 31, 2016, 08:49:59 PM »
I just wanted to come and give praise to Keith Courage, my briefcase set up with RGB mod is superb and I love it!. Thanks for answering all my questions along the way!

-Daniel

Trenton_net

« Reply #153 on: April 01, 2016, 03:21:08 AM »
This is more of an update question, but are you now able to wire briefcase setups for JPN-21 pin RGB (compatible with xRGB Mini Framemisters)?

Keith Courage

« Reply #154 on: April 01, 2016, 08:53:14 AM »
Sure, I don't see why I couldn't just re-wire the scart cable like this.

However, most people I've dealt with use a Euro style connectors for their framemeister. Also, I could even make a cable that goes directly from the system to the framemeister. Meaning no scart junction needed in between.

fraggore

« Reply #155 on: April 02, 2016, 03:34:08 AM »
Just dropped a pm about a Cdrom unit.
I always wanted a thing called tuna sashemie

"All your base are belong to us"

wildfruit

Complete PC engine Briefcase setups for sale. Plus Some DUOs :)
« Reply #156 on: April 10, 2016, 05:04:51 AM »
Mine is at o'hare airport! Can't wait.
Edit: the duo has landed. Tested a bit of ys quickly. Picture quality is amazing. Much better than the briefcase I had. Duo is very quiet too. Much impressed.
Thanks Keith!
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 10:55:01 AM by wildfruit »

musicman130

« Reply #157 on: April 24, 2016, 02:44:41 AM »
Received my duo yesterday from KC and played it all night.  Picture and sound is great with CD's and Hue Cards even with the regular composite out. System looks and plays great.  Highly recommend KC for the systems!

bob

« Reply #158 on: April 24, 2016, 06:37:36 AM »
Keith, not sure if you heard it, but you got a small shout out on a recent retronaughts podcast.

Keith Courage

« Reply #159 on: April 24, 2016, 06:37:23 PM »
Keith, not sure if you heard it, but you got a small shout out on a recent retronaughts podcast.

I did not know. That's fantastic!!!

retrogamerzach

« Reply #160 on: April 28, 2016, 06:48:17 AM »
Looking for a good working, untouched unmodded PC Engine IFU-30 CD-ROM 2. With everything intact CDROM and Hucard reader cables , controllers and system card or arcade pro card. Message me with pictures!
RGZ

hyrulebr

« Reply #161 on: May 09, 2016, 08:19:48 AM »
Picture quality is amazing. Much better than the briefcase I had. Duo is very quiet too. Much impressed.

Which connection did you use with both models? There is a difference in picture quality between various pc engine models? I was thinking that all is the same using the same cable (RGB X RGB = the same quality).

wildfruit

« Reply #162 on: May 09, 2016, 08:27:19 AM »
Picture quality is amazing. Much better than the briefcase I had. Duo is very quiet too. Much impressed.

Which connection did you use with both models? There is a difference in picture quality between various pc engine models? I was thinking that all is the same using the same cable (RGB X RGB = the same quality).
I mean it's had a better refurb job done on it. My old briefcase had some (but not much) interference on it, especially on a dark loading screen but this duo from KC has no such problem. There will also be differences in the quality of the rgb mod as there are several methods, some better than others.

Astronaut_79

« Reply #163 on: May 17, 2016, 09:13:07 AM »
My RGB modded Duo arrived from Keith on Friday. It was very clean, quiet and works great! It was an absolute pleasure to deal with such a knowledgeable and honest seller. He even refunded part of my shipping cost, as it was less than expected. All of my questions and concerns were quickly addressed. I could not be more pleased. Thanks for an excellent buying experience, I am extremely grateful. :clap:
What a horrible night to have a curse...

Johnpv

« Reply #164 on: May 17, 2016, 11:56:33 PM »
I posted on his Facebook page but forgot to here.  A few weeks back Keith rgb modded, recapped, and fixed the laser issues I was having on my Duo.  He was awesome about keeping me updated, and making sure everything was working perfectly.  He did an amazing job and the system looks unbelievable in RGB.  Keith did an amazing job, can't thank him enough!