Author Topic: Turbo Express internal power plug (female)  (Read 161 times)

ifkz

Turbo Express internal power plug (female)
« on: June 26, 2014, 03:05:44 AM »
One of my Turbo Express units has always been on battery power due to a ripped out power jack plug internally (female).  Does anyone have the specifications of a replacement part?  It is a part that should only cost a few cents.  My (lame-o) forum searches turned up zero results.
THANKS TO ALL PCEfx members who have helped fix my hardware and add to my games library!  What a thrill!

ifkz

Re: Turbo Express internal power plug (female)
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2014, 10:17:44 AM »
You rock Keith Courage, and I think your game is a-okay with me too.
THANKS TO ALL PCEfx members who have helped fix my hardware and add to my games library!  What a thrill!

ifkz

Re: Turbo Express internal power plug (female)
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2014, 11:52:33 AM »
I had some time and a new official TurboExpress AC adapter to use (my first!) so I got to work.

First pic:  Old internal power plug removal, or what was left of it. I had to take an exact-o knife and cut a square out of the rubberized glue they used which was covering the vias.  My sunglasses added for scale, see the cleaned out vias on the far upper right.

New part soldered in, you can see the sound cap fix wires, and (maybe) the screen cap fix too:

A final picture of the part in use!