Author Topic: (7/31/2014 - 8/6/2014) Game of the Week: Blazing Lazers  (Read 714 times)

johnnymad

Re: (7/31/2014 - 8/6/2014) Game of the Week: Blazing Lazers
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2014, 11:57:44 AM »
This one is a game I really want to love, but I don't. Nothing wrong with the game though. . Its got good music and amazing g graphics for its time. The power up system is flexible if a bit confusing at times, and there's hidden difficulty modes for added challenge. But I find the stages a bit too long for my tastes and lose interest long before the end. Even if its not my cup of tea, its one of the essential Tg shooter.

It's your avatar though. Aren't you supposed to love the game in your avatar?

SamIAm

« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2014, 06:00:55 PM »
I've owned this one since my original TG-16, and I definitely beat it back then with a fully powered homing laser or whatever it's called ("III" I think).  Recently, I was showing a friend some TG-16 games and it was hard as hell!  I know if I sat down with it longer I could beat it again, but I was getting blown out of the sky repeatedly.  Great music and graphics though, one of the very best Hu-cards/Turbochips.

Wanna do Bonk's Revenge as GOTW coming up?   I was trying to convince my same buddy that it was one of the very best games on the system.

Is this your official submission? As long as it follows the rules, you don't need anyone to agree with it. ;)

johnnykonami

« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2014, 06:36:40 PM »
I've owned this one since my original TG-16, and I definitely beat it back then with a fully powered homing laser or whatever it's called ("III" I think).  Recently, I was showing a friend some TG-16 games and it was hard as hell!  I know if I sat down with it longer I could beat it again, but I was getting blown out of the sky repeatedly.  Great music and graphics though, one of the very best Hu-cards/Turbochips.

Wanna do Bonk's Revenge as GOTW coming up?   I was trying to convince my same buddy that it was one of the very best games on the system.

Is this your official submission? As long as it follows the rules, you don't need anyone to agree with it. ;)

Yeah man, let's do it.  Am I supposed to write up the little blurb or what do I need to do?

Damon Plus

« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2014, 09:04:15 PM »
This one is a game I really want to love, but I don't. Nothing wrong with the game though. . Its got good music and amazing g graphics for its time. The power up system is flexible if a bit confusing at times, and there's hidden difficulty modes for added challenge. But I find the stages a bit too long for my tastes and lose interest long before the end. Even if its not my cup of tea, its one of the essential Tg shooter.

Ha, ha, you got me with that one. My avatar cycles through La, Blazing Laxers, Alien Crush, MM and Splatterhouse. As I said, I consider Blazing an essential step in the Tg-16 library, it's just not one of my favorites. It's just a coincidencr to have it as my avatar atm.

It's your avatar though. Aren't you supposed to love the game in your avatar?

SamIAm

« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2014, 11:27:01 PM »

Yeah man, let's do it.  Am I supposed to write up the little blurb or what do I need to do?

Nope, you're good. I was just making sure, since you didn't seem 100% decided on it.

By the way everyone, I have to go on a business trip this week, and next week I will move into a new apartment. For this reason, unless someone else wants to take over temporarily, I will need to start the next couple of threads each about a day ahead of schedule.

johnnykonami

« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2014, 06:22:53 AM »

Didn't you fill out the official application and provide your digital signature to agree to the ToS?  Once that has been reviewed and processed, you will be sent an activation link for your GotW account via e-mail. After validating, a PIN number will be assigned to you, which may be used to create an account at the GotW portal. Provided your username is unique and your password meets the security policy requirements (mixed case, alphanumeric with at least 2 numerals, 8 or more characters, and at least one special character. Should not contain your username or any plain english; acronyms are advised for their mnemonic quality)

at that point, you may login and submit your GotW request along with the requested game's intro text (200-700 words) and title screen capture.

As soon as the PayPal transaction completes (funds withdrawn automatically from the paypal account associated with the registered e-mail address), you will see your GotW selection on the forums within 7-10 days.

So nothing, then. :)  Gotcha.

Nope, you're good. I was just making sure, since you didn't seem 100% decided on it.

Oh I'm sure!

munchiaz

« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2014, 06:57:39 AM »
This is tied with GoT as my favorite PCE shooter. Love the sound effects especially. They have a nice ring to them.

I just bought some speakers and a sub last night. Going to play and blast this one tonight. G/f will be at work so i don't have to worry about her complaining that its to loud

Gentlegamer

« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2014, 08:35:56 AM »
Blazing Lazers should have had a character segment like The Guardian Legend so it could be the TG-16 mascot.

munchiaz

« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2014, 09:50:02 AM »
got to area 7 last night, but couldn't get through it. ended up with a highscore of:1764300

bonoedgey

« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2014, 12:36:56 PM »
looking forward to playing this game some day.. *sigh* hear its pretty darn awesome lol

johnnymad

« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2014, 09:58:36 AM »
I know the week is over but I finally got a chance to really spend some time with this game today. Got to level 5 and a score of 1,188,080 before I died. Used the remaining continues to get to the boss of level 6 twice but couldn't beat him. Have never made it this far. The TG has my shooter chops up lately.

Mathius

« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2014, 12:46:35 PM »
I think this and Legendary Axe were my first TurboGrafx games. Their music makes me almost dizzy with nostalgia. I love BL more than it'll ever know.

I know next submissions been chosen but how do I go about requesting a GotW entry?
F@ck Ebay Club member since 2010
Switch Friend Code: SW-2346-3388-5406